d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev12212222232242254487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Mar 20 2022 06:29am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 20 2022 12:23pm)
Best sources are ones which for the most part don’t have a side. The west has a side here and it’s pretty obvious in their reporting. It may be difficult to find but, middle eastern, Indian, & other Asian sources would probably be most impartial about reporting.

They're not though, have you read them...

Western sources are of course biased, but there is plenty of high quality, independent reporting unlike in those regions. If you read every Russian or Chinese source you wouldn't get the depth of information that you would with reading every Western source...getting your information from different outlets is key
Gold: 13.37
Mar 20 2022 06:33am
Quote (dro94 @ 20 Mar 2022 15:08)
As direct combatants, they are the two worst sources of info. US/EU/UK info is more reliable and less biased, and even then the fog of war clouds everything

Like today a Ukrainian MP said civilians evacuated from Mariupol were stopped by Russian soldiers and redirected to Russia, where they've been sent to remote cities and forced to sign agreements to work for no pay. It seems ridiculous, I don't believe it, but the truth will get out from a newsworthy source at some point

I'm speaking of military summaries. I compare it and separate the wheat from the chaff.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 20 2022 06:33am
At this point there can be no normalization of relations with Russia until these war crimes have been addressed.

They are now indiscriminately just killing civilians.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 20 2022 06:33am
Gold: 15,220.00
Mar 20 2022 06:46am
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 20 2022 08:29am)
They're not though, have you read them...

Western sources are of course biased, but there is plenty of high quality, independent reporting unlike in those regions. If you read every Russian or Chinese source you wouldn't get the depth of information that you would with reading every Western source...getting your information from different outlets is key

Yeah, have you? I read both Reuters and aljazeera regularly. The latter which is also biased has a noticeably less bias and agenda pushing in many of their analysis pieces. I agree though diversity in sources is important.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 20 2022 06:56am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 20 2022 08:46am)
Yeah, have you? I read both Reuters and aljazeera regularly. The latter which is also biased has a noticeably less bias and agenda pushing in many of their analysis pieces. I agree though diversity in sources is important.

Russia has one channel on television, people are disappearing when speak their opinion about the war in any way in public, and things like memes are actually illegal in Russia.

So what news source? Ever since the news started talking about the losing war they turned all channels off and have one station that is state run.

Russians have no way of knowing what is going on in the world unless they actually leave Russia lol. They probably don't know how guilty they are of the war crimes happening. Russia just bombed a school where people were sheltering.

The Ukrainians need to understand they need to hide where their civilians are hiding from the Russians because they will bomb precisely those places.

People cheering leading them from the US should be knee capped IMO. It is funny that Russia sanctioned most European politicians, all English politicians, all Democrats, but not Republicans. It is funny who they're been in bed with and who is sticking up for them now. Never thought there would be a Putin-wing of the GOP. Its a bunch of people who would actually fail an IQ test but a vote in congress is a vote in congress no matter how stupid it is.

Putin needs to go to The Hague. He will be there or dead before this is over.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 20 2022 06:59am
Mar 20 2022 07:06am
Quote (Skinned @ 20 Mar 2022 15:56)
Russia has one channel on television, people are disappearing when speak their opinion about the war in any way in public, and things like memes are actually illegal in Russia.

So what news source? Ever since the news started talking about the losing war they turned all channels off and have one station that is state run.

Russians have no way of knowing what is going on in the world unless they actually leave Russia lol. They probably don't know how guilty they are of the war crimes happening. Russia just bombed a school where people were sheltering.

The Ukrainians need to understand they need to hide where their civilians are hiding from the Russians because they will bomb precisely those places.

People cheering leading them from the US should be knee capped IMO. It is funny that Russia sanctioned most European politicians, all English politicians, all Democrats, but not Republicans. It is funny who they're been in bed with and who is sticking up for them now. Never thought there would be a Putin-wing of the GOP. Its a bunch of people who would actually fail an IQ test but a vote in congress is a vote in congress no matter how stupid it is.

Putin needs to go to The Hague. He will be there or dead before this is over.

I've just read even more propaganda than I used to get from TV.
Gold: 15,220.00
Mar 20 2022 07:14am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 20 2022 08:56am)

People cheering leading them from the US should be knee capped IMO. It is funny that Russia sanctioned most European politicians, all English politicians, all Democrats, but not Republicans. It is funny who they're been in bed with.

If Russia was really targeting civilians on purpose and not accidentally then you would of seen hundreds of thousands of deaths of refugees fleeing. They could target and bomb border crossings and get thousands of civilian deaths instantly. People keep saying Russia is failing to take any major cities, without explaining why they’re failing. They’re failing because they weren’t willing to indiscriminately turn those cities into parking lots. Mariupol is different though. It’s the home of the nazi battalion Azov and it’s the scene where these far right groups committed atrocities between 2014 and now so they have no problem unleashing.

What’s happening now is something I talked about weeks ago. When one side is clearly the military superior typically wars end very fast without so much blood shed. We in the west encouraged Ukraine to dig in and fight back so that quick outcome is now off the table. As a result though we’re in for a long and deadly war with Ukrainian lives on the line.

You see patriotism and are cheering because Russia isn’t immediately achieving its goals, I see tens of thousands of deaths (mostly Ukrainians) and I’m saddened because there’s no scenario where the Russians geopolitical goals weren’t going to be achieved and all those people died for no reason.

Mar 20 2022 07:22am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 20 Mar 2022 16:14)
If Russia was really targeting civilians on purpose and not accidentally then you would of seen hundreds of thousands of deaths of refugees fleeing. They could target and bomb border crossings and get thousands of civilian deaths instantly. People keep saying Russia is failing to take any major cities, without explaining why they’re failing. They’re failing because they weren’t willing to indiscriminately turn those cities into parking lots. Mariupol is different though. It’s the home of the nazi battalion Azov and it’s the scene where these far right groups committed atrocities between 2014 and now so they have no problem unleashing.

What’s happening now is something I talked about weeks ago. When one side is clearly the military superior typically wars end very fast without so much blood shed. We in the west encouraged Ukraine to dig in and fight back so that quick outcome is now off the table. As a result though we’re in for a long and deadly war with Ukrainian lives on the line.

You see patriotism and are cheering because Russia isn’t immediately achieving its goals, I see tens of thousands of deaths (mostly Ukrainians) and I’m saddened because there’s no scenario where the Russians geopolitical goals weren’t going to be achieved and all those people died for no reason.

Even one death is a little end of the world
Gold: 455.00
Mar 20 2022 07:31am
Rootin for Russia 👌🏿
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 20 2022 07:52am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 20 2022 08:14am)

If America has ever been good at something, its prodding along people in the shitholes of the world to kill each other in pointless wars on behalf of America's sense of righteousness. Its why we've got an article in the news today about how the former Afghan minister of finance now drives an Uber in DC, and he was one of the lucky ones. We get to thump our chests and claim the moral high ground, and that anyone who opposes it is a traitor. Maybe we lose American blood and treasure sometimes, but its nothing compared to the devastation we create.

Sure in a logical war, once your military is destroyed and your cities besieged and surrounded by an enemy who has the ability to flatten them overnight, you'd want to surrender and minimize casualties. Heck, surrender should come long before that point, when the inevitability is clear. But we helped install and micromanage the Ukrainian government, we supplied and armed them. Its not the self-interests of the besieged Ukrainians guiding the decisions, its an unscathed west. So we can tout our jingoism and cheer them to fight to the bloody end, even if it means child soldiers throwing molotovs at tanks and Nazis committing war crimes and Russians using it as justification to massacre civilians. My main gripe with your take is that I believe you're thinking way too small. By historical precedent in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc, I don't see Ukraine resulting in tens of thousands of deaths, I see hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. If it lasts for a few years it might reach the scale of the Holodomor. I've learned not to underestimate how much worse things can get. This is of course, all in America's best interests and advances our geopolitical position, because reasons.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12212222232242254487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll