d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1221222223224225298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 13 2018 07:49am
Quote (CPK001 @ 10 Mar 2018 07:12)
It has been at least a year and a few months since that was reported and he is still running amok? Surely the Government and the Department of Health would step in.

Not to mention the parents suing the Church for their child becoming sick after they used such toxins.

They can't step in. He's not doing anything wrong according to American laws. Freedom of speech! MURICA!!!
Mar 13 2018 08:01am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 13 2018 09:46pm)
You aren't teaching anybody here. You're far too poor of a communicator to ever teach.

If you want to actually teach others you need to learn to listen, because it's very obvious from your responses that you aren't listening for comprehension, just to respond.

I don't know what you're talking about, all I do is post Bible verses and explain them as they are. I told you that you have to do your own investigation, which you obviously haven't done.

Oh believe me I have been listening, that is why I tell you that you're wrong when you are. It is not my fault if you can't handle direct confrontation.

The message is so simple yet so hard for you to understand. Jesus came down to Earth to die for our sins so that we may have eternal life with him in Heaven. I just cannot fathom seeing things from your point of view if you cannot understand that.

Quote (Scaly @ Mar 13 2018 11:49pm)
They can't step in. He's not doing anything wrong according to American laws. Freedom of speech! MURICA!!!

Oh? I thought that if this chemical is harming others or even killing them, then the Government would have a legitimate reason to stop that.

Sounds like one of those false prophets we've been warned about.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 13 2018 08:03am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 13 2018 08:01am)
I don't know what you're talking about, all I do is post Bible verses and explain them as they are. I told you that you have to do your own investigation, which you obviously haven't done.

Oh believe me I have been listening, that is why I tell you that you're wrong when you are. It is not my fault if you can't handle direct confrontation.

The message is so simple yet so hard for you to understand. Jesus came down to Earth to die for our sins so that we may have eternal life with him in Heaven. I just cannot fathom seeing things from your point of view if you cannot understand that.

You think I don't understand because you've never read my posts for comprehension.

Mar 13 2018 09:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ 13 Mar 2018 14:01)
Oh? I thought that if this chemical is harming others or even killing them, then the Government would have a legitimate reason to stop that.

Sounds like one of those false prophets we've been warned about.

Then they'd have to step in and tell antivaxxers they're talking shit and stop letting them get elected.

It's the same thing.

This is why freedom of speech is a dumb thing to consider an 'inalienable right'. When you're telling parents to give their kids bleach enemas you need to but silenced quicksharpish. Because some religious people are dumb enough to do whatever a 'church' tells them.
Mar 13 2018 09:08am
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 13 2018 09:00am)
Then they'd have to step in and tell antivaxxers they're talking shit and stop letting them get elected.

It's the same thing.

This is why freedom of speech is a dumb thing to consider an 'inalienable right'. When you're telling parents to give their kids bleach enemas you need to but silenced quicksharpish. Because some religious people are dumb enough to do whatever a 'church' tells them.

At minimum the parents subjecting their kids to this need to be charged with abuse.
Mar 13 2018 06:47pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 14 2018 12:03am)
You think I don't understand because you've never read my posts for comprehension.

Then why don't you believe that Jesus Christ died for you?

Quote (Scaly @ Mar 14 2018 01:00am)

It's the same thing.

Then the Church has failed in its purpose. Not only that but it has taught its congregation to believe everything they say without question.

I have always said that if The Bible makes a claim then you go and question and investigate it. The same goes for the Church and what it preaches. I've heard stories about Churches where they preach that 'you have cancer because god is punishing you for something that you did.' Anyone with half a brain would instantly leave the service, never to return.

Question everything, demand an explanation and see if it makes sense based on your perception. Now what happens if you demand an explanation and the answer you receive is satisfactory?
Mar 13 2018 07:12pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 13 2018 06:47pm)
Then why don't you believe that Jesus Christ died for you?

Because understanding something isn't the same thing as being convinced of it.
Mar 14 2018 02:03am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 14 2018 11:12am)
Because understanding something isn't the same thing as being convinced of it.

How timely, now we can discuss Stephen Hawkings. I know that he didn't believe that there was a God, despite all his intelligence. Not even that could save him.

Now imagine that he has an able body, gets up from the wheelchair and two seconds later he meets his maker. Now he knows that God almighty is well and truly real.

He had a full 76 years to make up his mind, do not make the same mistake he did. That is also The Bible's warning given unto us. The message is that if you hear his voice today then do not harden your hearts like they did at Meribah. They put God to the test for forty years and so he declared that they shall never enter his rest. Hebrews quotes that as a warning to us as well.

Psalm 95 - NIV

6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
They shall never enter my rest.’"

Hebrews 4:1-3 & Hebrews 4:6-8

Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts.”
Mar 14 2018 04:24am
If ever there was a perfect example of not reading for comprehension, this is it.

This is why you will never teach effectively. You are unwilling to listen.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Mar 14 2018 04:25am
Gold: 1,532.01
Mar 14 2018 01:39pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 14 2018 11:24am)
If ever there was a perfect example of not reading for comprehension, this is it.

This is why you will never teach effectively. You are unwilling to listen.

He is literally the embodiment of ignorance:

Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 14 2018 09:03am)
How timely, now we can discuss Stephen Hawkings. I know that he didn't believe that there was a God, despite all his intelligence. Not even that could save him.[/U]

You concede that Hawkings was brilliantly intelligent, yet you've still somehow outsmarted him? This is what Hitchens would have called a 'self-centredness problem'.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1221222223224225298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll