d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev12162172182192204487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 19 2022 02:53am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 19 2022 03:48am
Quote (fender @ Mar 19 2022 09:53am)

"WW3 let's make it happen!!"

Keep it up scrub
Mar 19 2022 04:16am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 19 2022 08:10am)
A defensive mission by neighbors to help a country that's being invaded and bombed into the ground is not "encroachment". -_-

People aren't dumb. A force consisting of NATO nation armies proposed at a NATO summit is NATO encroachment.
It is ridiculous you call Russian fears propaganda lies while trying to twist and sugarcoat this shit :bonk:
Banned
Mar 19 2022 04:20am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 19 Mar 2022 07:17)
Not under the NATO umbrella.

If Poland unilaterally decides to send its own troops to Kyiv to help defend the city, without moving further north, how exactly would this justify a Russian nuclear strike on Poland?

What the fuck, lol?! Why are you talking about a counterinvasion? Russia has NOT taken Ukraine yet, so how exactly would it constitute a (counter)invasion if Poland sends troops onto the territory that is controlled by, and legitimately belongs to, the Ukrainian government?

mhhh poland becomes an active war party . mhhh . damm dude ur just plain stupid. good example of a meanmugger
dude a stone is 2times ahead of u
Mar 19 2022 04:25am
Quote (Lebanon961 @ 19 Mar 2022 11:16)
People aren't dumb. A force consisting of NATO nation armies proposed at a NATO summit is NATO encroachment.
It is ridiculous you call Russian fears propaganda lies while trying to twist and sugarcoat this shit :bonk:

encroachment on what? we're not talking about NATO troops invading russia, we're talking about defending a democratic country against a military invasion by its aggressive neighbour.

were the allied landings in normandy "encroachment" as well? do you therefore reject them as evil / immoral / illegal?
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 19 2022 04:27am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 18 2022 08:17pm)
If it comes to a shooting war between NATO forces and Russia, it won't be constrained by proportionality nor law. Nothing could spiral out of control faster. Russia reacts by attacking Poland, NATO gets dragged into the war, the nukes fly. This entire scenario exists in the first place because Biden chose not to hold Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression. Now we're talking about NATO with a counterinvasion to take it back and risk nuclear annihilation from a conflict that inevitably escalates to full blown war? Nonsense

Maybe you don't remember Korea or Vietnam. Your position is neither grounded in logic, nor the historical record. This isn't a NATO counter-invasion, both because Ukraine wouldn't be under invasion by Poland, and also because it's not sanctioned by NATO. Article 5 goes into effect when a member state is attacked, not goes on the offensive in another country.
Gold: 37,504.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 19 2022 04:30am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 19 2022 02:35am)
These discussions are nonsensical. Poland isn't going anywhere by itself. They keep floating these escalatory movies (sending MIG's now this peace keeping force) because they are afraid that they will lose the buffer state of Ukraine and if things ever do escalate further, they are next up. So right now they're trying their hardest to get all of these other NATO members to commit as much as possible whether by sending more troops to eastern Europe, more heavy arms, etc. In reality I don't see any sort of intervention happening or peace keeping force. Most of Europe and most NATO members really don't want things to escalate to that point. A lot of these countries like Spain, Greece, Italy literally have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by such moves.

I really think we're entering a phase when life will be objectively worse for tens if not hundreds of millions of people. I don't think the world has fully digested the ramifications of Russia's commodities going offline (at least to the western world). Renewables aren't ready and other oil/gas suppliers like gulf states already made it clear they can't fill in the slack nor are they really rushing to do so even if they could. The fact that Ukraine and Russia accounts for so much of the world wheat & fertilizer supply is also deeply problematic for the rest of the world. Don't forget what happened in the ME when there was food shortage during the arab spring. This is a bigger catalyst than that. Instead of people treating this like some sort of Risk board game people need to push for immediate resolution which means not escalating but giving concessions and truly trying to get this to end.

completely agree. im sure if i said this in my robotic way of typing, it would have triggered people. thanks for this post.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 19 2022 04:30am
Gold: 35,785.13
Mar 19 2022 04:33am
Quote (Frosch01 @ Mar 19 2022 05:20am)
mhhh poland becomes an active war party . mhhh . damm dude ur just plain stupid. good example of a meanmugger
dude a stone is 2times ahead of u

The more I see the crazy woke make fun of foil hats, the more I think I should try it out.
Good is bad in upside down clown world.
Mar 19 2022 04:42am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 19 2022 05:59am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 19 2022 03:35am)
These discussions are nonsensical. Poland isn't going anywhere by itself. They keep floating these escalatory movies (sending MIG's now this peace keeping force) because they are afraid that they will lose the buffer state of Ukraine and if things ever do escalate further, they are next up. So right now they're trying their hardest to get all of these other NATO members to commit as much as possible whether by sending more troops to eastern Europe, more heavy arms, etc. In reality I don't see any sort of intervention happening or peace keeping force. Most of Europe and most NATO members really don't want things to escalate to that point. A lot of these countries like Spain, Greece, Italy literally have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by such moves.

I really think we're entering a phase when life will be objectively worse for tens if not hundreds of millions of people. I don't think the world has fully digested the ramifications of Russia's commodities going offline (at least to the western world). Renewables aren't ready and other oil/gas suppliers like gulf states already made it clear they can't fill in the slack nor are they really rushing to do so even if they could. The fact that Ukraine and Russia accounts for so much of the world wheat & fertilizer supply is also deeply problematic for the rest of the world. Don't forget what happened in the ME when there was food shortage during the arab spring. This is a bigger catalyst than that. Instead of people treating this like some sort of Risk board game people need to push for immediate resolution which means not escalating but giving concessions and truly trying to get this to end.

This.

All dumbchits that are applauding the ongoing escalations have no idea of the long term ramifications. And as usual it will be the poorest countries that are going to suffer, those that are depending on Russian wheat, corn, etc.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12162172182192204487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll