d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev12092102112122134487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 37,504.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 18 2022 04:46am
Several users have told me not to waste my time on you fender. but yes this quote is very accurate to my mind, you will forgive me (or dont) for removing your usual stream of shit from the end of it:
Quote (fender @ Mar 18 2022 10:44am)
or you could say that russia invaded ukraine...because putin erroneously thinks russia has some kind of legitimate claim to ukrainian territory and can determine how the free ukrainian people decide to live their lives, trying to implement his soviet "vision" for russia...

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 18 2022 10:46am)
In bold: Great, so this will spare you to get jailed by Putin.

30.5 years ago:

Declaration of Independence of Ukraine

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Declaration_of_Independence_of_Ukraine%2C_1991.jpg

did you not mean to link that to banami ? where have i ever said that Ukraine was not an independant country ? If you do not understand what I am saying use a better translator, or ask me to clarify my statements/comments/views.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 18 2022 04:51am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 18 2022 04:58am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 11:46)
Several users have told me not to waste my time on you fender. but yes this quote is very accurate to my mind, you will forgive me (or dont) for removing your usual stream of shit from the end of it:

did you not mean to link that to banami ? where have i ever said that Ukraine was not an independant country ? If you do not understand what I am saying use a better translator, or ask me to clarify my statements/comments/views.

several users told me you were emotionally attached to russia and therefore look for ways to blame other parties for russian aggression, expansionism, violations of international law, and even war crimes.

i refuse to listen to them and prefer to form my own opinion, hoping you are reasonable and intelligent enough to change your view when presented with good arguments and evidence... the fact that you agree with my description actually proves that you've come a long way. good on you.

that said, why do you go all grammar nazi on saucisson? you aren't perfect either, you know? you might claim you're irish, but there's no way in hell english is your mother tongue. even i, a fellow non-native speaker of yours can tell...

This post was edited by fender on Mar 18 2022 05:00am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 18 2022 05:04am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 10:46)

Fender is fine, some morons, in this sub, are harrassing him constantly so it's normal if he's a bit upset sometimes. Bananii and others shitmultis are juste a waste.

Russia-Putin is not accepting that Ukraine is leaving its influence area, while it is supposed to be an independant country.
Gold: 37,504.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 18 2022 05:09am
I always edit my posts. this is a quirk i have, but should not misconstrued as being grammar nazi. also i dont understand the expression when related to saucisson, can you provided 1 example and explain what warranted such a label? "grammar nazi".
no one is perfect. also relating to being irish or not, i am on streams and voice channels all the time (read: daily, and in fact i am talking in a voice channel right now). i wont invite you to the discord however as we do not tolerate toxic behaviour (and your not rationale). but if you want to invite me to a discord of mutual acceptance I have no problem talking to you, in my very irish, voice.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 18 2022 11:04am)
Fender is fine, some morons, in this sub, are harrassing him constantly so it's normal if he's a bit upset sometimes. Bananii and others shitmultis are juste a waste.

Russia-Putin is not accepting that Ukraine is leaving its influence area, while it is supposed to be an independant country.

yes to most of that (obviously from my perspective its foolish for a user to state "but there's no way in hell english is your mother tongue" when it is easily refutable).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 18 2022 05:11am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 18 2022 05:11am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 12:09)
I always edit my posts. this is a quirk i have, but should not misconstrued as being grammar nazi. also i dont understand the expression when related to saucisson, can you provided 1 example and explain what warranted such a label? "grammar nazi".
no one is perfect. also relating to being irish or not, i am on streams and voice channels all the time (read: daily, and in fact i am talking in a voice channel right now). i wont invite you to the discord however as we do not tolerate toxic behaviour (and your not rationale). but if you want to invite me to a discord of mutual acceptance I have no problem talking to you, in my very irish, voice.

sure:

Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 11:46)

in regards to you being irish: i stand corrected then. i thought i remembered you using phrases / terms that even i thought sounded weird several times in our conversations. not that i didn't understand you or that it was completely broken english, just weird. things like: "and your not rationale" - i know what you mean: "you're not being rational" but it sounds like a foreign speaker trying to say that, not just the spelling mistakes, but the whole phrasing. then again, you insisting like that makes me think i was wrong, even without having definitive proof - not that i assumed i was entitled to it in the first place.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 18 2022 05:23am
Mar 18 2022 05:20am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 11:09)
yes to most of that (obviously from my perspective its foolish for a user to state "but there's no way in hell english is your mother tongue" when it is easily refutable).

Usually, when they start to involve the "damnit, english is not your primary language, i cannot understand" it means they ran out of arguments. kaput.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 18 2022 05:31am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Mar 2022 11:03)
If the west is pumping in so much military aid as to enable Ukraine to win conventionally, and if Russia sees this as a do or die war (which they have stated it is), then the option to knock the chessboard over always exists. I just dont understand how people cry foul in this scenario "yes we took additional pawns from other chessboards, we added a few rooks and bishops too, and we cheated, but you didnt have to knock the whole chess board over". its not a question of who is cheating / to blame at this point, its a question of are we playing chess or are we knocking over the board. while i accept western media bias on the narrative, the principal of always leaving your enemy with a way out has always existed, better to guide them to retreat down a route you have shaped then to box them in at which point they might do something insane. I would have thought that conventional bombing of cities equated to knocking the chessboard over. in no scenario where nato is not actively at war do i expect the worst.

Of course Ukraine can't start invading Russia, even if they end up decisiviely winning this defensive war on their own turf. They wouldn't have the military might to do that, and invading a nuclear power is a no go anyway.
Thankfully, an invasion is not necessary to invoke regime change in Russia, crippling economic sanctions are a better way of accomplishing this goal anyway.

The problem regarding "leaving a way out for your enemy" is that there is no real way back for Putin. His decision to go through with this invasion has inflicted insane economic and diplomatic damage on his country, not to speak of all the losses of life and material that Russia's military has suffered. Ending this war without having accomplished "enough" to save face at home is not an option for Putin, he'd get ousted by rivals within weeks. Hence, the worse this war goes for Russia, the more of a divergence there will be between what's good for Putin and what's good for his country. The dilemma is that the worse this war goes for the Russian side, the less of an incentive there will be for the Ukrainians to give Putin the aforementioned sufficient successes in an eventual peace treaty. The incentives for both sides happen to be structured such that they foster escalation.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 18 2022 05:48am
Gold: 285.00
Mar 18 2022 05:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 18 2022 07:31am)
Of course Ukraine can't start invading Russia, even if they end up decisiviely winning this defensive war on their own turf. They wouldn't have the military might to do that, and invading a nuclear power is a no go anyway.
Thankfully, an invasion is not necessary to invoke regime change in Russia, crippling economic sanctions are a better way of accomplishing this goal anyway.

The problem regarding "leaving a way out for your enemy" is that there is no real way back for Putin. His decision to go through with this invasion has inflicted insane economic and diplomatic damage on his country, not to speak of all the losses of life and material that Russia's military has suffered. Ending this war without having accomplished "enough" to save face at home is not an option for Putin, he'd get ousted by rivals within weeks. Hence, the worse this war goes, the more of a divergence there will be between what's good for Putin and what's good for his country. The dilemma is that the worse this war goes for the Russian side, the less of an incentive there will be for the Ukrainians to give Putin the aforementioned sufficient successes in an eventual peace treaty. The incentives for both sides happen to be structured such that they foster escalation.

No way back for Putin, not Russia. Putin is done due to this. He can't fire his chefs and food tasters fast enough, his tables aren't long enough lol.

Russian strongmen leave office feet first. I've said this a lot over the years here. Putin will be no different.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 18 2022 05:35am
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 18 2022 05:36am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 18 Mar 2022 12:04)

Even when he's in the right, fender tends to be an antagonistic, insufferable prick about it. This, rather than disagreement on the issues, is the reason why so many people don't get along with him.

Mar 18 2022 05:40am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 18 Mar 2022 11:36)
Even when he's in the right, fender tends to be an antagonistic, insufferable prick about it. This, rather than disagreement on the issues, is the reason why so many people don't get along with him.

Too many people acted and are acting like assholes with him instead of discussing the content, these people deserve the flames.
It's very impolite to talk about a third person while he's reading.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12092102112122134487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll