d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev12022032042052064487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 17 2022 10:25am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 17 2022 11:20am)
Polish troops in Ukraine would obviously be fair game and not covered by Article 5. Rusian attacks on Poland might still be off-limits, or at least that's the gamble the Polish government might be willing to make. They're also one of the few voices in NATO who support the idea of a NATO-imposed no-fly zone over Ukraine. They are clearly willing to take big risks to draw a line in the sand when it comes to Russian aggression, right here right now.

anyone against Putin's aggression should be cheering loudly for all non-Nuclear powers to jump in with Ukraine. its basically the only chance for Russian surrender, if they're able to learn the lesson of the US in trying to occupy and remake the sitting government. even if all Putin is looking for is concessions of land Poland's might behind Ukraine may cause him to retreat.
Gold: 15,215.00
Mar 17 2022 10:43am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 17 2022 12:20pm)
Polish troops in Ukraine would obviously be fair game and not covered by Article 5. Rusian attacks on Poland might still be off-limits, or at least that's the gamble the Polish government might be willing to make. They're also one of the few voices in NATO who support the idea of a NATO-imposed no-fly zone over Ukraine. They are clearly willing to take big risks to draw a line in the sand when it comes to Russian aggression, right here right now.

Imo what hawks want =/= what vast majority of the population wants. Hard for me to believe that the average Pole is cheering for their government to send polish troops to Ukraine. It’s one thing to send arms and take in refugees and support those people fleeing but I think most people in Poland would be against sending their sons and brothers to an active war.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 17 2022 10:53am
Mar 17 2022 10:55am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 17 2022 12:25pm)
anyone against Putin's aggression should be cheering loudly for all non-Nuclear powers to jump in with Ukraine. its basically the only chance for Russian surrender, if they're able to learn the lesson of the US in trying to occupy and remake the sitting government. even if all Putin is looking for is concessions of land Poland's might behind Ukraine may cause him to retreat.

Cheering as long as it is someone else’s son or brother doing the fighting.

Damn phone double post

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 17 2022 10:57am
Mar 17 2022 11:03am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 17 2022 11:43am)
Imo what hawks want =/= what vast majority of the population wants. Hard for me to believe that the average Pole is cheering for their government to send polish troops to Ukraine. It’s one thing to send arms and take in refugees and support those people fleeing but I think most people in Poland would be against sending their sons and brothers to an active war.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 17 2022 11:55am)
Cheering as long as it is someone else’s son or brother doing the fighting.

Damn phone double post

funny that in one post you paint Poland as a potential invasion target for Russia, then in the next say Polish dont want to try and beat Russia before it invades Poland. odd.

if canada was invaded by Russia i'd be happy to volunteer to fry some Ruskies as im just a stones throw from that border and want my daughters diet to consist of just the normal amount of vodka and potatoes when she grows.
Gold: 37,504.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 17 2022 11:07am
Has Poland done something in the last 24 hours that I have not read about ? surely Polish forces in Ukraine, of the non clandestine nature, is an escalated move requiring a russian response? and surely a move into belarus by Poland is an act of war, and therefore could be construed as Nato declaring war on belarus. is that not dumb ? we have the perceived moral highground here, why would we invade belarus ? Has belarus invaded Ukraine ? ( i accept that belarus are the baddies ok!). From everything I was reading up to this point we were all for drones and what not but not troops on the ground and Poland invading Belarus just sounds daft? what am i missing here.

if the west continues to dump arms to Ukraine, i can honestly see russia seriously considering bombing the shit out of western Ukraine (cause and effect), noting western support is gg and will be highly effectivel and there is nothing (else) russia can do about it.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 17 2022 11:16am
Mar 17 2022 11:15am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 17 2022 12:07pm)
Has poland done something in the last 24 hours that I have not read about ? surely polish forces in ukraine, of the non clandestine nature, is an escalated move requiring a russian response? and surely a move into Belarus by poland is an act of war, and therefore could be construed as Nato declaring war on Belarus. is that not dumb ? we have the perceived moral highground here, why would we invade Belarus ? Has Belarus invaded Ukraine ? ( i accept that Belarus are the baddies ok!). From everything I was reading up to this point we were all for drones and what not but not troops on the ground and Poland invading Belarus just sounds daft? what am i missing here.

if the west continues to dump arms to ukraine, i can honestly see russia seriously considering bombing western ukraine, extensively (cause and effect), noting western support is gg and there is nothing else russia can do about it.

currently theres an issue with supplies and migrants getting through the Poland-Belarus border, but i havent heard of invasion. im also not 100% on what Belarus is providing to the Russian side in Ukraine, be it men or supplies.
Mar 17 2022 11:17am
but but my edit
yes i edit alot, you may all have noticed this already.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 17 2022 11:17am
Mar 17 2022 11:22am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 17 2022 01:03pm)
funny that in one post you paint Poland as a potential invasion target for Russia, then in the next say Polish dont want to try and beat Russia before it invades Poland. odd.

if canada was invaded by Russia i'd be happy to volunteer to fry some Ruskies as im just a stones throw from that border and want my daughters diet to consist of just the normal amount of vodka and potatoes when she grows.

I said it would be a potential target if they started actively participating in the war I.e. officially sending their own soldiers.

From the beginning of this I made it clear that what I want is for this to be over as fast as possible. Poland getting into the war will only escalate and lead to more people dying, why the fuck would I root for that? When you put yourself in the shoes of those people none of them actually want war or a war to continue.

Gold: 13.37
Mar 17 2022 11:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ 17 Mar 2022 18:40)
Uncle Vanya's domestic Russian fast food franchise is making a play to take over the shuttered McDonalds locations and reopen them with new branding, and has already filed their russian trademark;

https://i.imgur.com/wR7FtYA.png

Should be a pretty easy transition

That was a joke went too far. 2chan made this one (and a dozen more), someone registered it :)
Mar 17 2022 11:52am
I was going to do a round the world trip of links were countries are providing military aid, but that would involve links and i know how the snowflakes dont like it when I link. so rather then linking, i ll just dump from Qutar ~ OFC i say Qutar because people get triggered when the media name is mentioned. If anyone has another source which suggests any of the below is false information, please dont hesitate to refute.

A quick question to the military buffs here - is all of the below and ukrainian ability such that it can defend western Ukraine military stockpiles/staging area from airstrikes ? If yes what does that even mean.

#1 USA - On February 25, President Joe Biden instructed the State Department to release up to an additional $350m worth of weapons from US stocks to Ukraine. The Pentagon said the weapons included anti-armour, small arms, body armour and various munitions in support of Ukraine’s front-line defenders. A State Department spokesperson said anti-aircraft systems were also included in the material. Over the past year, the United States has committed more than $1bn in security assistance to Ukraine, Blinken said. Ukraine has been asking for Javelin anti-tank weapons and Stinger missiles to shoot down aircraft. I will provide 1 link here, noting i would be surprised if i am suspended for providing this link : https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/16/fact-sheet-on-u-s-security-assistance-for-ukraine/ reading the list in that link is quite awe inspiring.

#2 EU - For the first time in its history, the EU is financing the purchase and delivery of arms after leaders agree to transport weapons worth 450 million euros ($502m) to Kyiv. Foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says some nations are sending the Ukrainians fighter jets.

#3 UK - In January, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said the UK had “taken the decision to supply Ukraine with light anti-armour defensive weapon systems”. On Wednesday, Downing Street promised military support to Ukraine, including lethal defensive weapons. “In light of the increasingly threatening behaviour from Russia and in line with our previous support, the UK will shortly be providing a further package of military support to Ukraine,” Prime Minister Boris Johnson told parliament. “This will include lethal aid in the form of defensive weapons and non-lethal aid.”

#4 France - France, which has already sent help, is dispatching more military equipment as well as fuel. Paris said it has acted on earlier Ukrainian requests for defensive anti-aircraft and digital weapons.

#5 Holland - The Netherlands will supply air defence rockets and anti-tank systems to Ukraine, the Dutch government said in letters to parliament on Saturday. The Dutch government agreed to a Ukrainian request to rapidly ship 200 Stinger air defence rockets and 50 “Panzerfaust 3” anti-tank weapons with 400 rockets, the letters said. It is also jointly considering sending a Patriot air defence system alongside Germany to a NATO battle group in Slovakia, it said.

#6 Germany - Germany will supply Ukraine with 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger surface-to-air missiles from Bundeswehr stocks for defence against Russia. It is a major shift from Berlin’s longstanding policy of banning weapon exports to a conflict zone. “The Russian invasion of Ukraine marks a turning point. It is our duty to do our best to support Ukraine in defending itself against Putin’s invading army,” German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said on Saturday

#7 Canada - Ottawa is sending lethal military weaponry to Ukraine and loaning Kyiv half a billion Canadian dollars ($394m) to help it defend itself.

#8 Norway/Sweden/Denmark - Stockholm is also breaking its historic neutral stance to send 5,000 anti-tank weapons to Ukraine, with Denmark contributing a further 2,700. Norway is sending helmets and body armour and up to 2,000 M72 anti-tank weapons.

#9 Neutral Finland takes the “historic” decision to supply weapons to Ukraine and will send 1,500 rocket launchers, 2,500 assault rifles, 150,000 rounds of ammunition, and 70,000 servings of field rations.

#10 Belgium Belgium says it will supply Ukraine with 3,000 more automatic rifles and 200 anti-tank weapons, as well as 3,800 tonnes of fuel.

#11 Spain says it will supply Ukraine with 1,370 grenade launchers, 700,000 munitions and light automatic weapons.

#12 Prague said Saturday it is sending Ukraine 4,000 mortars “in the next few hours” as well as an arsenal of 30,000 pistols, 7,000 assault rifles, 3,000 machine guns, many sniper rifles and a million bullets. The Czechs had already promised Kyiv 4,000 mortars worth $1.6m which have yet to be delivered.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 17 2022 11:58am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12022032042052064487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll