d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1201202203204205298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 6 2018 07:16am
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 6 2018 06:12am)
Oh that's where you are wrong again. The LORD predicted through the prophet Zechariah that the Messiah would come by riding on a donkey. The book of Luke is one of the books where that prophecy came true.

So you have a God who has knowledge of the future and also, as you saw, a God who gives us the choice to obey or disobey. Even though he knows what decision we will make, he still gave us the choice and he acts in such a way that we can have a relationship with him.

If God knows what we will do before we do it that is a deterministic universe, ie no actual free will.

We can discuss this without you vomiting Bible verses as a distraction.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 6 2018 07:20am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2018 06:50am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 6 2018 11:16pm)
If God knows what we will do before we do it that is a deterministic universe, ie no actual free will.

We can discuss this without you vomiting Bible verses as a distraction.

Yet the way I see it when I come to a crossroad I can definitely choose either way. Nothing is stopping me from choosing one or the other. Even though God knows which crossroad I will choose, the decision was still mine to make.

I would also like for you to explain to me what the game of Diablo 2 is about without using any examples that come from the game itself.
Feb 7 2018 08:00am
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 7 2018 06:50am)
Yet the way I see it when I come to a crossroad I can definitely choose either way. Nothing is stopping me from choosing one or the other. Even though God knows which crossroad I will choose, the decision was still mine to make.

I would also like for you to explain to me what the game of Diablo 2 is about without using any examples that come from the game itself.

Can you choose either way? Because it seems that it's logically impossible for you to choose anything other than what God wants you to choose, and God can change your mind for you if he wants, so it's not your choice.

I see what you're saying about Diablo 2, but that's a poor analogy. We can discuss the logical implications of a god having certain attributes without calling a specific god into the picture.
Feb 7 2018 05:32pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 8 2018 12:00am)
Can you choose either way? Because it seems that it's logically impossible for you to choose anything other than what God wants you to choose, and God can change your mind for you if he wants, so it's not your choice.

I see what you're saying about Diablo 2, but that's a poor analogy. We can discuss the logical implications of a god having certain attributes without calling a specific god into the picture.

You know what God wants you to choose and yet he will never force you into making such a decision. He would rather you make that decision on your own free will. I also don't follow your logic, just because God can change our mind for us that doesn't mean that he does actually do it.

I see that you are unable to describe the game of Diablo 2 without using in game examples. That is how ridiculous you sound when you want to know what God is like without using the very tool with which he has chosen to reveal himself.

If you were to be kidnapped, prodded and starved then that doesn't tell the kidnappers much about you at all. They can look at the type of clothes you wear, where you went to School, which Church you went to as a kid, your posts online and your birthday etc. The problem with that is all that information doesn't say anything about who you are as a person.

What is your favorite colour? Favorite food? Hobbies? What do you think about Donald Trump as President? Why? Favorite TV show? Do you consider it moral to steal bread in order for you to feed your family? Why?

All of these questions about who you are as a person can never be answered by tying you up or dissecting your brain. Those questions can only be revealed if you open your mouth and reveal them to the world. That is why we use The Bible to see what God is like. If we do not then we are making God in our own image. Have you ever asked "If God is God, then why did he let that plane crash?" I tell you the truth, you would still not be praising God if that plane didn't crash. All those disasters that were avoided are the ones you never hear about.

One such way that God reveals himself is in Exodus 20:4-6 - 4“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

That reveals what God is actually like and you will get more out of reading his word to find out more about him. All I do is post the Bible verses which answers your questions. At least that way you are not disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with God.
Feb 7 2018 05:44pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 7 2018 05:32pm)
You know what God wants you to choose and yet he will never force you into making such a decision. He would rather you make that decision on your own free will. I also don't follow your logic, just because God can change our mind for us that doesn't mean that he does actually do it.

I see that you are unable to describe the game of Diablo 2 without using in game examples. That is how ridiculous you sound when you want to know what God is like without using the very tool with which he has chosen to reveal himself.

The bible says he actually does it, and indeed gives examples of him doing it when he needs to for his plan to come to pass.

The second line is a pathetic dodge that just shows you're too scared to use the brain God supposedly gave you.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 7 2018 05:44pm
Feb 8 2018 12:27am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 8 2018 09:44am)
The bible says he actually does it, and indeed gives examples of him doing it when he needs to for his plan to come to pass.

The second line is a pathetic dodge that just shows you're too scared to use the brain God supposedly gave you.

Look at Exodus 5:2 and then study the 10 plagues very, very carefully. Or better yet you can actually read the whole book and understand it.

The second line proves how you cannot use the most critical tool to find out what God is like.
Warn: 40%
Feb 8 2018 03:08am
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 7 2018 04:50am)

You join games and sit in a corner for hours on end
Feb 8 2018 04:01am
Quote (tonerbond @ Feb 8 2018 07:08pm)
You join games and sit in a corner for hours on end

Then what is this kissing Akara I have heard so much about?
Feb 8 2018 07:32am
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 8 2018 12:27am)
Look at Exodus 5:2 and then study the 10 plagues very, very carefully. Or better yet you can actually read the whole book and understand it.

The second line proves how you cannot use the most critical tool to find out what God is like.

Go read a philosophy book and learn to think critically.

The second line proves your cowardice since you aren't willing to have this conversation.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 8 2018 07:32am
Feb 8 2018 07:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 8 2018 11:32pm)
Go read a philosophy book and learn to think critically.

The second line proves your cowardice since you aren't willing to have this conversation.

I already have, the book is called The Bible. I doubt you have even read or attempted to understand the book.

Do you go to Bible Study each and every week? I highly doubt it. This is yet another reason why your thoughts about what God is like holds no weight.

Oh I am willing to have the conversation but I believe that I can answer your question in a way that actually does answer it, as opposed to how you think the question should be answered.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1201202203204205298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll