d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1194195196197198307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 20 2023 03:03pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 21 2023 03:15am)
yes those can both be true also

i've heard the argument that absolute omnipotence is not possible because it is not logically consistent such as an omnipotent being cannot produce a married bachelor due to it being logically inconsistent

I am saying an absolute omnipotent being can exist despite logical impossibilities

You are banking on the possibility of unknown purely out of speculation. Logic for the sake of logic. In other words wishful thinking.

This is unproductive and a sign you have nothing but hot air to argue.
Jul 20 2023 03:17pm

Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 20 2023 05:09pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 20 2023 10:54am)
How do you use logic alone? You going to argue something into or out of existence maybe? Good luck with that.

yes that's very possible
Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 02:03pm)
You are banking on the possibility of unknown purely out of speculation. Logic for the sake of logic. In other words wishful thinking.

This is unproductive and a sign you have nothing but hot air to argue.

not banking on it as i have no investment

This post was edited by majorblood on Jul 20 2023 05:10pm
Jul 20 2023 06:35pm
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 21 2023 11:09am)
yes that's very possible

not banking on it as i have no investment

But you do. Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Christian argument relies on this hypothetical logic. Many of the theologians use this very example to prove their theoretical "god". Typically they draw a circle and say this is what you know. Outside the circle is what you dont know then they say is it possible our god is outside your circle of knowledge...

Unlike you I am not interested in trading hypotheticals, what ifs, maybes, could bes. This thread is about proof not theory crafting.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2023 07:34pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 20 2023 10:54am)
How do you use logic alone? You going to argue something into or out of existence maybe? Good luck with that.

Same to you monkey boy. As always, what you think and what is are 2 separate things.

Lying monkey boy.

No it's just a strength.

Irrelevant. It was rejected decades ago. Proving my point. Science > Religion.

Nope. You still haven't demonstrated a fraud perpetuated by the cause of atheism. You're only demonstrating your own inability to back up your claims.

wut

Better than your bible lol. I'd rather be wrong for 100 years than 2000.

No we haven't gotten started I'm still waiting for your example of fraud perpetuated by the cause of atheism.

Says the religious zealot making excuses.

No just pointing out to the audience why you're so crazy.

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know, monkey boy.

Monkey boy projection.

Because it is.

Mostly theists. Self owned.

lol your the atheist your the one thats a monkey :)
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 21 2023 01:08am
Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 02:17pm)

faith is just another word for trust.

hahaha atheists think its an ark.

atheists tell kids they are just monkeys
Gold: 0.00
Jul 21 2023 04:47am
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 20 2023 10:00pm)
That goes triple for you theist. I'll get to you later. B)

Something more important than eternity? Nah you deal with him now.

Strawman I never claimed otherwise.

Yes you did, don't you remember? It's called an "Analogy". Look up the definition.

Indeed the fact they're blank is what makes them blank.

You want to believe that they're blank so hard that you tell yourself that lie.

Irrelevant. My reputation or lack thereof has exactly nothing to do with my points. You're basically conceding your religion is a lie by pulling this stupid argument.

You only say it's irrelevant in the hopes that this argument dies as you know that you will not win. Just concede and make it easier for yourself.

You have a name? Isn't worth remembering because you aren't important just another number taking ignorant theist who doesn't and will never matter.

Yet the message I deliver is like diamonds, which are priceless. You don't care about the wrapping paper or the box, you care about the gift itself. I deliver the gift of diamonds that you treat as trash. Take your diamonds of eternity and throw them in the trash. That's what you are doing.

Because you're still an American. It wasn't even remotely surprising to see where you're from, the longest lasting puppet of the US. It is no wonder you act exactly like an American. What's to edit nothing about you matters.

Hmm, no. No matter how much you wish it were true, I'm still not an American. Between you and me I never much liked Canadians anyway.

The bible is irrelevant and not worth using even for toilet paper. No quotes from such an obsolete and false compilation of man in his ignorance will be read as you might as well be posting cave paintings.

It's your loss. Your foundation will crumble when the storm of your life hits. Any good deeds you do will all be for naught as you are not doing them in the name of Jesus. You've done no research and have already made up your mind. What an illogical thing to do.

Because this thread contains people like you trying to force their religion on people. Why are you here?

Matthew 28:16-20

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

What do you gain by convincing noone? Every argument you attempt here I can throw right back in your face.

What do I gain other than eternal life? Having my faith tested and bringing me even closer to God. It's actually laughable that only fools would disregard the Bible in its entirety. Never read Exodus 20 have you?

The thing is, if you try and reverse that argument that merely shows how weak you are in that you have no answer to the argument so you, in a pathetic attempt, try to throw back that argument in the hopes that you don't need to answer to the concrete argument that I present to you.

Imaginary gains compared to my actual gains.

Ahh, so you are thinking about the tangible rewards that you want NOW right?

Romans 8:24-25

24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

1: That is not your business.
2: Define the question. Point for who, or what?
3: See #1
While I dealt with these questions decades ago, it is not in fact a fact that they are questions one must wrestle with. Most people ignore them out of fear.

Is it none of my business that you have no purpose in life? If you knew your purpose then you would have stated it.

The point of everything if you are only going to end up dead?

See #1? Is it none of my business that you have no idea why you are here? If you knew why you were here then you would have stated it.

The way to nowhere and nothing.

If you don't believe the sign then you will never find your destination. You will simply keep wandering around aimlessly until the inevitable death, never finding the way to salvation.

That's a very slight exaggeration. I claim there was almost certainly not a jesus. I can't claim it with absolute certainty because I wasn't there. But then noone was there, so it's the most likely situation.

What you claimed is that the Bible is irrelevant. By that you also claim there is no Jesus and that you are still in your sins. You have a debt to pay and you cannot pay.

Wrong on every level, including the current year. Though I'll let that part go as I believe you made a type o. It didn't reset shit. The julian calendar was in use decades before the supposed birth of jesus and the gregorian calendar wasn't adopted for more than a thousand years afterwards. The adoption of year 0 wasn't widespread for centuries. The fact your religion was the most successful and rewrote the calendar is not evidence your religion is true. Just that people believed it. Most likely because the alternative was death at the hands of christians.

The year is 2023, which is how long ago Jesus was born. The birth of Jesus is such a big event in history that it reset the calendar year. That's your first evidence.

If you ever did any research you'd know that's a lie.

If I did research?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70021436&f=119&p=478728905#p478728905
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=624967618#p624967618
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=531333715#p531333715

So tell me again how if I did any form of research I'd know that's a lie? It's one of the traits of being here for over a decade. I have many posts of research saved. No doubt you have nothing like that.

Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 10:12pm)
That's a lot of words and yet not a single explanation.
I asked you specifically to provide me a simple and to the point explanation of what is a sign of jonah is? I didn't ask Google or bible or some other person. If you cannot read then it's not my problem.

Getting the feeling you are out of your depth here and grasping at straws. If you think it's too difficult for you to explain in your own words then feel free to tap out not going to hold it against you.

Any other Christian brave enough to explain what a sign of Jonah is to non religious person like me?

You are not ready to understand the sign of Jonah. You're still stuck on the tutorial level. Here it is for you once again.

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ is the Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died and rose again for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through trusting in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you in faith.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS? ARE YOU WILLING TO PLACE YOUR FAITH IN HIM FOR SALVATION?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

4. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, you could place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation by praying a simple prayer:

”Dear Lord Jesus I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I repent and turn to You, placing my Faith in You as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 10:12pm)
Why are you concerned with other people's join date? What bearing does it have on the questions?
Because argument from authority is a good way to demonstrate how NOT to answer questions in a debate. It's like the cracks in your argument weren't bad enough you need to commit every logical fallacy in the book.

Here's why:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70021436&f=119&p=478728905#p478728905
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=624967618#p624967618
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=531333715#p531333715

Can you take posts from over the years as reference when they come up? Did I not link to you the first of 10 questions if whether the Bible can be trusted or not? No doubt you didn't read it.

Because of you I'm currently making the Ecclesiastes Series and because of you I'll even do the next Series after that. What you are doing, ironically, is furthering the gospel by forcing me to do more of these posts.

How powerful must God be when the very act of you trying to quell the gospel has the exact opposite effect?

Argument from authority? All I been doing is pointing you to the way, which is Jesus. It's you who has nothing better to do than to resort to posting memes. You can google search all these memes and yet you cannot google the sign of Jonah.
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 21 2023 05:23am
Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 05:35pm)
But you do. Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Christian argument relies on this hypothetical logic. Many of the theologians use this very example to prove their theoretical "god". Typically they draw a circle and say this is what you know. Outside the circle is what you dont know then they say is it possible our god is outside your circle of knowledge...

Unlike you I am not interested in trading hypotheticals, what ifs, maybes, could bes. This thread is about proof not theory crafting.

well before we can get to proof it's useful to get to an understanding or agreement

do you think that an omnipotent being is logically possible?
Jul 21 2023 05:25am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 21 2023 10:47pm)

You are not ready to understand the sign of Jonah. You're still stuck on the tutorial level. Here it is for you once again.

Non sequitur. If you want people to even begin to attempt to read your walls off topic text then at least have the decency to answering a simple question. Otherwise don't bring up random concepts to a debate you cannot explain. Just google it is a non answer.
Since you abandoned your explanations and have gone off topic rambling I must have to ask you to keep it down with spam. Thanks for stopping by.

The floor is still open to other Christians to explain in simple terms what a sign of Jonah is right here.
Jul 21 2023 05:50am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 21 2023 11:23pm)
well before we can get to proof it's useful to get to an understanding or agreement

do you think that an omnipotent being is logically possible?

Pure hypothetical Logic by definition is yes. But this is unfalliable or rhetorical question that's asked by used car salesman to bait out a yes. I can already smell a logical fallacy attemp coming.

:rolleyes: sigh... Make it quick please (just take a note a good question allows a chance to be disproven)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1194195196197198307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll