d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11941951961971984487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Mar 16 2022 10:28am
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 16 2022 03:29pm)
You don't present anything interesting, it's all about recessive xenophobia, obtuse, angry, speech.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 16 2022 11:42am)
Romanians are the biggest problem here. I don't understand why we didnt nuke it yet.

imagine these 2 quotes belonging to the same person.
on top of that, an obese person addicted to news outlet without ability of rational thinking
kys
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 16 2022 10:30am
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Mar 2022 16:24)
in summary: what is the relation between greek national debt, donald trump and putin and the current war. I simply don't understand what message you are trying to convey.

Im going back on topic, and you better do the same.

Quote (SylvesterStallone @ 16 Mar 2022 16:28)
imagine these 2 quotes belonging to the same person.
on top of that, an obese person addicted to news outlet without ability of rational thinking
kys

Imagine if these 2 shitposters were not shitmultis.

thus Romania is still better than Croatia.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 16 2022 10:31am
Gold: 2,170.00
Mar 16 2022 10:30am
Quote (babun1024 @ Mar 16 2022 04:15pm)
Me, a leftie? Nice joke.
Let's say I agree to disagree. I don't have time for fruitless discussions with a weak minded coward both mental and in body from basement.

another weak ad-hominem. read a book or two.

rape and murder is raving havoc your country, your family will be next tomorrow if you allow this today.

no cockroaches means a clean society.
Gold: 32,014.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 16 2022 10:31am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 16 2022 04:30pm)
Im going back on topic, and you better do the same.

the GDP circle did look pretty though (even if yes, it was off topic and irrelevant, but i did say it was a red herring, i.e. irrelevant).

RETURNING ON TOPIC.
Gold: 22,164.69
Mar 16 2022 10:41am
ICJ making themselves look impotent;
https://www.icj-cij.org/public/files/case-related/182/182-20220316-ORD-01-00-EN.pdf
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/16/icj-ukraine-russia-genocide/

Same vibes as Ex Parte Merryman. If you know your "legal orders" will have no effect, then issuing them forcefully and with an ultimatum just makes you look hapless and feeble when they get ignored.

The court voted 13 to 2 in favor of ordering Russia to “suspend” military operations in Ukraine and to prevent armed units from taking further action. Of the two judges in opposition, one was from Russia, the other from China.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in a tweet that the order constituted a “complete victory in its case against Russia” and that “ignoring the order will isolate Russia even further.”

But while the court’s preliminary order is in theory binding under international law, there were no signs that Moscow would comply. No Russian representatives showed up when Ukraine argued its case last week. They subsequently submitted a document asserting that the court lacked jurisdiction to the decide the case.

A final ruling, potentially years away, would also be expected to have negligible impact.

The ICJ does not appear to have a viable path to enforce the decision. Sanctions could only be imposed by the U.N. Security Council, of which Russia is a permanent member and where it has a veto power. The court’s mission is to settle disputes between sovereign nations, and it cannot charge presidents or military leaders with war crimes, for example.

If one of the conflict parties is “ignoring basic principles of war, there’s a question about the utility of invoking the law vis-a-vis that party when you don’t have a strong enforcement power,” said Yuval Shany, an International law expert at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.

Same as Nicaragua. As the lead writer for Elden Ring would say, words are wind.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 16 2022 10:41am
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Mar 2022 16:31)
the GDP circle did look pretty though (even if yes, it was off topic and irrelevant, but i did say it was a red herring, i.e. irrelevant).

RETURNING ON TOPIC.

It's multi-dimensional concept: "Safest" countries can have bigger debts too ...
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 16 2022 10:46am
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Mar 2022 16:38)
the question gets hard with weapons sales because after the fall of the USSR there was a period of a firesale for a bit, i dont know enough without having to read up a massive amount when Russia stopped exporting old USSR tech and when they started the phase they're in now in which they've developed new weapons. we see almost daily now reports of new missiles, new tanks, new drones, new planes. questions of how they'll match up with western and US tech, etc.

but i think its safe to say pre-2014 Ukraine was more likely to buy Russian weapons than US weapons, and its safe to say a post-2014 western friendlier Ukraine govt is more likely to buy US weapons, as they have, to directly counter Russian weapons.

India seems precariously positioned to play both sides, buying Russian oil and weapons, while also being a china-like conduit for the western economy with their stronghold on outsourced customer service, billing industry, and engineering.

China wants gas/oil/etc but im sure has very little need for Russian weapons, unless its in small batches to reverse engineer.

at some point im sure Russia will be fairly low on weapons sales targets, Iran, Syria, and maybe a few other bottom dollar snake pits will remain. and old USSR shitholes like Belarus. slim pickings get slimmer.

im curious what the NATO/OPEC relationship is moving forward in this situation, havent read up on that at all.

i severely doubt that their record years (2011 / 2012) were sales of former soviet material. again, their weapons export statistic doesn't give ANY indication to suggest NATO enlargement hurt it - nor do their overall foreign trade numbers.

unfortunately, there will always be plenty of destinations to sell arms to for russia. not only india, china, belarus, and kazakhstan, but also pakistan, middle eastern countries (iraq, syria, UAE, saudi-arabia), the south-east asia / pacific region (vietnam, myanmar, indonesia, sri lanka, bangladesh), africa (algeria, egypt, angola, zimbabwe), south america (venezuela, peru, brazil)... none of which NATO members or candidates...
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 16 2022 11:00am
Quote (fender @ Mar 16 2022 11:46am)
i severely doubt that their record years (2011 / 2012) were sales of former soviet material. again, their weapons export statistic doesn't give ANY indication to suggest NATO enlargement hurt it - nor do their overall foreign trade numbers.

unfortunately, there will always be plenty of destinations to sell arms to for russia. not only india, china, belarus, and kazakhstan, but also pakistan, middle eastern countries (iraq, syria, UAE, saudi-arabia), the south-east asia / pacific region (vietnam, myanmar, indonesia, sri lanka, bangladesh), africa (algeria, egypt, angola, zimbabwe), south america (venezuela, peru, brazil)... none of which NATO members or candidates...

Many of those same countries buy weapons from the US, not Russia. the Saudis being the best example. China likewise is a major supplier for many more on the list, such as Pakistan.

at the end of the cold war Russia and the US were the only two players in town for the most part, that's changed. shifts in the available market can have serious consequences for Russia. being forced to sell to poorer markets such as south america, southeast asia and africa is likewise an issue for them. as they're prone to default on loans.

Russia had a short term cash cow in Venezuela but that well ran dry quick:

https://www.unav.edu/web/global-affairs/detalle/-/blogs/russia-became-an-important-arms-supplier-for-latin-america-but-its-sales-have-dropped

overall NATO expansion may not be the direct cause, but the regaining of dominance with US arms sales and emergence of Chinese arms sales in contrast to Russia's shrinking arms sales are a problem for Russia. and of course china wont get the scorn, the US/West will. NATO expansion in the case of Ukraine seems to have done just that, via the coup in 2014 we turned a Russian weapons customer and Russian ally into a US customer and US ally. i shouldnt tie together the concepts of NATO expansion and sphere of influence expansion so tightly but have done so, this is the world we live in in 2022 where things like defacto members off paper exist in the NATO conversation just as Russia has allies financially but not officially.

but Putin cant cry publicly about a lack of weapons sales, even for a brutal dictator thats a bit too on the nose.
Gold: 6.66
Mar 16 2022 12:12pm
Quote (SanduLungu @ Mar 16 2022 04:18pm)
I am from the EU.

if you check some statistics, you would be surprised how many of the total rapes murders sexual assaults etc. are performed by "refugees" and "migrants".

Der Spiegel cited official crime statistics that 9.1% of sexual assaults reported in 2016 with at least one suspect registered had at least one suspect identified as an immigrant, a rise from 1.8% in 2012, and 2.6% in 2014. Some of this rise was attributed to the fact that in 2016, groping was made a criminal offence.

In 2018 a 14-year-old German Jewish girl, Susanna Feldmann was raped and murdered on the night of the 22 or 23 May 2018. Ali Bashar, a 20-year-old asylum seeker from Iraqi Kurdistan, was named as a suspect.[23][24] The murder sparked a political debate in Germany. Ethnologist and head of the Research Centre of Global Islam Susanne Schröter at the Goethe University Frankfurt, said that these were no longer isolated incidents, speaking of a culture clash and suggesting that Germany needed to develop a new approach for dealing with aggressive men shaped by patriarchal cultures.[25] According to Schröter, there are within Islam, as with other religions, patriarchal norms that she think legitimize violence and sexual assault against specific types of women and therefore some men from Islamic countries may view women in a completely different way. Far-right parties and social media exploited the case for their own ends.[24][26] A fact-checking article in Der Spiegel found that fears of immigrant crime had been amplified by far-right propaganda in the public debate beyond the actual increase which was supported by official statistics.[27]

The changes followed a series of cases that sparked public outrage, and the popularity of the #NeinHeisstNein (no means no) campaign.[55][56] These included the acquittal of two men changed with drugging and raping Gina-Lisa Lohfink, and posting video of it online, a video in which "she reportedly says 'stop it' and 'no' as they force themselves on her".[55] However, it is important to note that Lohfink was later convicted for falsely accusing the two men by a German court.[57] It also followed the events of the 2015/2016 New Year's Eve, mainly in the city of Cologne, where hundreds of women were sexually assaulted, but through actions which, it was ultimately determined, were not illegal under the current law.[55] Other high-profile cases included the 2016 Murder of Maria Ladenburger and 2018 Killing of Susanna Feldmann, which gained attention because the attacks were carried out by immigrants.[58][59]

taken from wikipedia which we know is at least leftist ^^

Bro you would think facts are leftist if they were in contradiction with your prior beliefs
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 16 2022 12:20pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 16 2022 05:08pm)
And you so ignorant that you are not realizing i was talking about the IMF greece debt ? Seriously ?
:lol:

If you like to pickup numbers i will give you some: Greece has life expectancy superior by 4 years than yours, greece has 0.5k less deaths / millions from covid than yours.

Situation is relatively simple: you can read as much books as you want you will still be a Trump supporter, i means, it's a physical limitation ok ? Good luck.

https://i.imgur.com/Isbm9X2.mp4

https://www.businessinsider.in/photo/90173767/videos-showing-potential-russian-war-crimes-flood-social-media-overwhelming-human-rights-experts-rushing-to-document-them.jpg

When talking about Greece's debt we're talking about Greece's total debt and it's massive. As I pointed out to you they rank #3 in the world, you could have checked the link I provided or checked Ferdia's post showing the image from that link.

If they paid what they owned the IMF it's surely a minor amount compared to the total amount of debt.

A quick google showed me this:

Since the debt crisis began in 2010, the various European authorities and private investors have loaned Greece nearly 320 billion euros. It was the biggest financial rescue of a bankrupt country in history. 2 As of January 2019, Greece has only repaid 41.6 billion euros. It has scheduled debt payments beyond 2060.

You stated something like "Greece is gonna finish payments this month", I say something like that because I looked back and you've edited and deleted that statement ^_^

AND:

In your first reply you tried to counter with some BS vid.
In your second reply you try to counter with some footage from Ukraine and you feel the need to drag Trump into the discussion, lol.

Seems like you don't know what you're talking about and quite desperate to toss in whatever to divert the attention away from Greece's massive debt. Don't worry we've all seen what happened during the financial crisis and that Greece was saved only because of the biggest financial rescue in history -_-

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 16 2022 12:21pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11941951961971984487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll