d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Christianity Is A Lie And Bible Is Proof
Prev1191192193194195307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2023 09:39pm
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 19 2023 11:08pm)
Doesn't matter what blank cards you play, they remain blank.

Denying the existence of death isn't evidence for lack of death.

Claiming cards are blank doesn't make them blacnk.

A more important person than you'll ever be (which isn't saying much but apparently you care about being important so I'll go with it).
Now try and explain how my time on this forum is at all relevant to my posts.

You haven't been here long enough to establish a reputation. This whole time I'm still trying to remember your name. That's how unimportant you are.

Typical American puppet in Australia doesn't know squat about Canada. And good for you 10 whole years. I have 30 years of experience dealing with people like you under my belt. Good luck lol.

Ahh, you first assumed I was an American but then you checked to see that I wasn't an American but forgot to update your post. You're right, I don't know much about Canada nor do I care enough to find out.

Ah I absolutely love this argument. It's one of the easiest arguments christians come up with to refute. Interestingly I've never seen the islamists and jews attempt it, maybe they're smarter.
Your preparations will equal less than mine if you picked the wrong god. Most gods, according to their holy texts, are much more forgiving to those without faith than those with the wrong faith. Considering the sheer number of possible gods, the math says you fucked up.
And of course there's that issue that there's no decent evidence of any kind to support the concept of an afterlife so why waste all my time preparing for something that will never happen.

1 Corinthians 15:12-34 disagrees with you.

12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them? 30 And as for us, why do we endanger ourselves every hour? 31 I face death every day—yes, just as surely as I boast about you in Christ Jesus our Lord. 32 If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised,

“Let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die.”

33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

It is to my advantage that fewer people attempt to force their religion on me. If everything I've ever said in life only convinces 1 person of the lies of religion, it will have been worth it. As I know for a fact there's at least 3 or 4 people who've been convinced, my success is assured even if noone else follows suit.
More importantly, while you're busy with me you can't prey upon those who are at actual risk from your empty promises. I'm taking bullets for people who don't have bullet proof armour. I'm ok with that. Ironically your jesus would approve.

Edit: by the way, if I'm wasting my time trying to win an online argument, how are you any different? lol /edit

If it's to your advantage that few people force their religion on you then why are you in this thread? These debates have always been contained inside threads such as these.

Success? What did you truly gain from convincing those 3-4 people? It's not like you suddenly received a huge payday as a result. You're still living your daily life as a Canadian.

You could ask me the same thing and the gain is a follower of Christ in Heaven.

Probably exactly the same. I prefer it that way though. Become famous and you just get people putting words you'd never say in your mouth for the rest of time.

Then what's your purpose in life? What's the point of life? Why are you here? These questions you will have to wrestle with sooner or later, knowing that death comes to all.

No that isn't a screw up. I definitely have answers. I also definitely don't have anything like ALL the answers. If I did then I'd be a god, which would make calling myself an atheist a lie.
By claiming jesus has all the answers and that you can help people to jesus you're literally claiming to have all the answers. But there are no answers there because there was almost certainly never a jesus in the first place and even if there were he hasn't said anything in 2000 odd years. A lot has changed in 2000 odd years.

I'm merely a signpost pointing to the way. Just like John the Baptist pointed to Jesus, so am I doing the same thing.

You claim there was never a Jesus? The year is 2032, which is how long ago Jesus was born. The birth of Jesus is such a big event in history that it reset the calendar year. That's your first evidence.

If you actually went and did any form of research you'll find that there is plenty of evidence for Jesus and that you are not without excuse.

Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 05:52am)
This doesn't answer the question. Try again.

Oh I'm speaking too fast for you.

Brings...me...closer...to...God...which...is...more...than...I...can...say...for... you.

Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 05:52am)
If you are mad about the napkin then why are you not mad the bible it's same display of ignorance. It's used specifically to show you circular logic and how you sound when you talk about the bible.

Also wtf is a sign of jonah? You are not really good at explaining.

Show me in these threads where the circular logic is?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948

Maybe this can help you understand the sign of Jonah.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=What+is+the+sign+of+Jonah%3F
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 20 2023 12:24am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 20 2023 03:39pm)
Oh I'm speaking too fast for you.

Brings...me...closer...to...God...which...is...more...than...I...can...say...for... you.

Show me in these threads where the circular logic is?

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73889562&f=119&p=525625079#p525625079
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71850688&f=125&o=0#p483628339
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67022928&f=125&o=0#p449254948

Maybe this can help you understand the sign of Jonah.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=What+is+the+sign+of+Jonah%3F

Repeating what you said doesn't further your argument. Reread the question and try again. Because it's clearly isn't what is being asked SMH.

Show you circular logic okay sure. Here is an example any time you say bible is proof of god. Or when asked to present evidence you say it's written in the bible and quote scripture just like in your post here. If you need English translation or an illustration I can provide that also.

I am not going on a fishing expedition. You keep trying to send me on some wild Goose chase around Google or thousands of pages from the Bible. I am asking you to explain by what the fuck is sign of jonah? In plain English summarize what it is.

Why are Christians so difficult to extract even the most basic information from? Like everything is layered with some read this wall of text it's there somewhere, here let me send you on a fishing expedition to Google, or deflection, changing subject, etc. Snake oil salesmen have more honest replies then Christians.
I am going to start quoting things written on a napkin back at them react.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 20 2023 12:44am
Jul 20 2023 12:35am

Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2023 02:38am
Quote (Vastet @ Jul 19 2023 07:40pm)
I definitely don't know what 'noting' is, at least in the context you used it.
I have responded to your imagery every time. None of it is evidence for your claim. Like I said already, all scientific fraud has been committed by theists or the pursuit of money. There's been plenty of attempted frauds, and the vast majority are for money. A very few are theists trying to prove their religion has actual evidence which ironically just shows they don't even understand their own religion because faith doesn't come from proof. And that's it. There may be a few atheistic based frauds I've never heard of, but I doubt it as some christian or another would have shown me by now.

There have certainly been mistakes in science, your vestigial organs is a great example. The thing about science is that it self corrects. Scientists thought vestigial organs were useless and then scientists proved that was false, and now noone is taught that vestigial organs are useless. Progress.
The bible has not been quite so easy to change. It has effectively been untouched and unupdated for centuries. More if you forgive translations. It is obsolete. It is not capable of progressing humanity anymore. There was a time it could, and it did. But that time is over.

ah? so you have heard of some?

ah? science and its self correcting mechanism. the admission of uncertainty.
outright fraud in science. haeckels embryo drawings is usually were i start. fraud for over 100 years. how can you stand it? how do you go on? your vaunted institution of science so easily corrupted. by the very religion you hold dearest, atheism.

changing it would make it false
the bible unchanged. the first thing that struck me in scripture is how much better the world would be if we took on the teachings for Jesus. if we only cared about each other. naw dude we havent outgrown the bible we have only turned away from it. Jesus was a dude that healed and feed people yet he is hated, does that even make sense to you?
John 13:34 KJV: A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

do you love people or do you hate them? the bible (scripture) is hard to handle. it challenges a person. its the war of the flesh and spirit. are you going to love or are you going to hate? you cant have both. beginning to understand scripture is like having ones heart tore out. when one begins to know ones self. repentance isnt a light thing.
1 Corinthians 13:12 King James Version
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

This post was edited by TiStuff on Jul 20 2023 03:04am
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2023 02:52am
Quote (addone @ Jul 19 2023 11:35pm)

then lets hear your arguments that show scripture false. ya know like what the title of the thread claims.

we have been through this. believers believe whats written in the bible because the trust thats been built up by reading the bible.
if people read enough stuff written on napkins and began to trust whats written on napkins then perhaps one day your napkin meme will come true. but in the mean time its silly.

last meme has no argument value for disproving the bible
Gold: 9,164.33
Jul 20 2023 03:02am
an omnipotent being can exist even if logically it does not make sense
Jul 20 2023 03:33am
Quote (majorblood @ Jul 20 2023 09:02pm)
an omnipotent being can exist even if logically it does not make sense

Proof? Or just throwing random hypotheticals while sitting on a toilet?
Here let me try. Spiderman could exist in a different dimension even though it doesn't make sense or is logical... Jesus could be a secret mossad agent from the future created to troll Israelis even though we may not have time travel or a reason believe it actually happened.

See I can make any bs up aswell.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 20 2023 05:07am
Quote (addone @ Jul 20 2023 04:24pm)
Repeating what you said doesn't further your argument. Reread the question and try again. Because it's clearly isn't what is being asked SMH.

Show you circular logic okay sure. Here is an example any time you say bible is proof of god. Or when asked to present evidence you say it's written in the bible and quote scripture just like in your post here. If you need English translation or an illustration I can provide that also.

I am not going on a fishing expedition. You keep trying to send me on some wild Goose chase around Google or thousands of pages from the Bible. I am asking you to explain by what the fuck is sign of jonah? In plain English summarize what it is.

Why are Christians so difficult to extract even the most basic information from? Like everything is layered with some read this wall of text it's there somewhere, here let me send you on a fishing expedition to Google, or deflection, changing subject, etc. Snake oil salesmen have more honest replies then Christians.
I am going to start quoting things written on a napkin back at them react.

So, you can't even click a link that will deliver to you all the information you need about the Sign of Jonah. You don't get to ask any more questions. You've already shown you are incapable of understanding as you will always disregard all the evidence presented to you. No miraculous sign will be given to you, ever.

We are not difficult to extract information, you simply cannot understand the information that would be presented to you if it were. You already know that the answer is in the Bible but for some strange reason you harden your heart whenever scripture is quoted.

You are not going on an expedition? That's one of your big problems. You obviously don't understand ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened for you. If you did then you would find the information you are looking for. Yet you are not looking for any evidence or information, so it shall not be given to you.

Maybe once we get past stage 1 perhaps we can move onto the more advanced topics but until then you do not get to ask any questions. Let's start from the beginning.

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.
Gold: 10.00
Jul 20 2023 06:00am
Quote (TiStuff @ 19 Jul 2023 23:01)
try n calm down not everyone thinks atheists are as high and mighty as the atheist thinks of themselves. wait your turn.

That goes triple for you theist. I'll get to you later. B)

Quote (CPK001 @ 19 Jul 2023 23:39)
Denying the existence of death isn't evidence for lack of death.

Strawman I never claimed otherwise.

Claiming cards are blank doesn't make them blacnk.

Indeed the fact they're blank is what makes them blank.

You haven't been here long enough to establish a reputation.

Irrelevant. My reputation or lack thereof has exactly nothing to do with my points. You're basically conceding your religion is a lie by pulling this stupid argument.

This whole time I'm still trying to remember your name. That's how unimportant you are.

You have a name? Isn't worth remembering because you aren't important just another number taking ignorant theist who doesn't and will never matter.

Ahh, you first assumed I was an American but then you checked to see that I wasn't an American but forgot to update your post. You're right, I don't know much about Canada nor do I care enough to find out.

Because you're still an American. It wasn't even remotely surprising to see where you're from, the longest lasting puppet of the US. It is no wonder you act exactly like an American. What's to edit nothing about you matters.

1 Corinthians 15:12-34 disagrees with you.

The bible is irrelevant and not worth using even for toilet paper. No quotes from such an obsolete and false compilation of man in his ignorance will be read as you might as well be posting cave paintings.

If it's to your advantage that few people force their religion on you then why are you in this thread? These debates have always been contained inside threads such as these.

Because this thread contains people like you trying to force their religion on people. Why are you here?

Success? What did you truly gain from convincing those 3-4 people? It's not like you suddenly received a huge payday as a result. You're still living your daily life as a Canadian.

What do you gain by convincing noone? Every argument you attempt here I can throw right back in your face.

You could ask me the same thing and the gain is a follower of Christ in Heaven.

Imaginary gains compared to my actual gains.

Then what's your purpose in life? What's the point of life? Why are you here? These questions you will have to wrestle with sooner or later, knowing that death comes to all.

1: That is not your business.
2: Define the question. Point for who, or what?
3: See #1
While I dealt with these questions decades ago, it is not in fact a fact that they are questions one must wrestle with. Most people ignore them out of fear.

I'm merely a signpost pointing to the way. Just like John the Baptist pointed to Jesus, so am I doing the same thing.

The way to nowhere and nothing.

You claim there was never a Jesus?

That's a very slight exaggeration. I claim there was almost certainly not a jesus. I can't claim it with absolute certainty because I wasn't there. But then noone was there, so it's the most likely situation.

The year is 2032, which is how long ago Jesus was born. The birth of Jesus is such a big event in history that it reset the calendar year. That's your first evidence.

Wrong on every level, including the current year. Though I'll let that part go as I believe you made a type o. It didn't reset shit. The julian calendar was in use decades before the supposed birth of jesus and the gregorian calendar wasn't adopted for more than a thousand years afterwards. The adoption of year 0 wasn't widespread for centuries. The fact your religion was the most successful and rewrote the calendar is not evidence your religion is true. Just that people believed it. Most likely because the alternative was death at the hands of christians.

If you actually went and did any form of research you'll find that there is plenty of evidence for Jesus and that you are not without excuse.

If you ever did any research you'd know that's a lie.
Jul 20 2023 06:12am
Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 20 2023 11:07pm)
So, you can't even click a link that will deliver to you all the information you need about the Sign of Jonah. You don't get to ask any more questions. You've already shown you are incapable of understanding as you will always disregard all the evidence presented to you. No miraculous sign will be given to you, ever.

We are not difficult to extract information, you simply cannot understand the information that would be presented to you if it were. You already know that the answer is in the Bible but for some strange reason you harden your heart whenever scripture is quoted.

You are not going on an expedition? That's one of your big problems. You obviously don't understand ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened for you. If you did then you would find the information you are looking for. Yet you are not looking for any evidence or information, so it shall not be given to you.

Maybe once we get past stage 1 perhaps we can move onto the more advanced topics but until then you do not get to ask any questions. Let's start from the beginning.

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

That's a lot of words and yet not a single explanation.
I asked you specifically to provide me a simple and to the point explanation of what is a sign of jonah is? I didn't ask Google or bible or some other person. If you cannot read then it's not my problem.

Getting the feeling you are out of your depth here and grasping at straws. If you think it's too difficult for you to explain in your own words then feel free to tap out not going to hold it against you.

Any other Christian brave enough to explain what a sign of Jonah is to non religious person like me?

Quote (CPK001 @ Jul 19 2023 09:34pm)
Who are you again? You don't seem like anybody important. If you claim there's "nothing" to say there isn't a god behind everything, are you claiming that you searched for every single high and low? Would you fill the circle 100% claiming you know it all? Could God not exist in a realm that you haven't discovered yet?

I for one highly doubt that you are a Scientist. If you were then you would know that you don't have all the answers.

Why are you concerned with other people's join date? What bearing does it have on the questions?
Because argument from authority is a good way to demonstrate how NOT to answer questions in a debate. It's like the cracks in your argument weren't bad enough you need to commit every logical fallacy in the book.

This post was edited by addone on Jul 20 2023 06:31am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1191192193194195307Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll