d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Governor Newsom
Prev11819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Sep 3 2022 04:16pm
No Matter the Odds

At 1:00 AM on Thursday, the Legislature adjourned for the year.

I’ll send a more detailed report next week, but in short, our citizens movement showed its growing strength. Of the four worst "vaccine work group" bills, we stopped each and every one. Every single attempt to impose a new mandate failed.

While I’ll remain a California Legislator until December, this was my last day on the Floor of the State Assembly. To mark the occasion, a friend sent me their list of my most notable Floor speeches. They’re posted at the links below:

10. Opposing "inflation relief package" that makes inflation worse (2022)

9. Supporting the rights of college athletes against the NCAA (2019)

8. Calling out the farce of "social justice" at our Capitol (2020)

7. Forcing a vote to end the State of Emergency before the Super Bowl (2022)

6. Condemning Newsom for cheating in the Recall by changing the rules (2021)

5. Opposing a bill to make CRT a graduation requirement (2021)

4. Defending charter schools and home schools from a vicious Newsom attack (2020)

3. Calling for the repeal of AB 5 and highlighting Newsom’s dishonor (2020)

2. Condemning Newsom’s school shutdown and proposing an amendment to open all schools (2021)

1. Blasting the Legislature on swearing-in day for surrendering to Newsom’s one-man rule (2020)

Looking back, I’m reminded of just how much insanity we’ve fought against. But I’m also reminded that no matter how outnumbered you may be, no matter how steep the odds you face, when the truth is on your side you can never be counted out.

Kevin Kiley
California Legislator
Gold: 281.64
Sep 3 2022 04:18pm
nobody is reading that
Sep 6 2022 04:32pm
The Biggest Loser

Over the weekend, the San Francisco Chronicle’s California politics reporter was asked to name the “biggest loser” at the Capitol this year. His answer: the Vaccine Work Group.

When the group’s radical bills were first released, insiders said they would all sail through. Here is the final scorecard for the worst bills:

SB 871 – universal school vaccine mandate. DEFEATED
AB 1993 – universal worker vaccine mandate. DEFEATED
AB 455 – universal vaccine passport. DEFEATED
SB 1464 – coerced police enforcement of mandates. DEFEATED
SB 866 – removal of parent vaccine consent. DEFEATED

Granted, two awful bills did pass. AB 2098 would censor doctors and SB 1479 would make schools do onerous COVID testing. You can still tell Newsom to veto them.

Notably, the Chronicle reporter attributed the Vaccine Work Group's failure to “opposition from people in all walks of life.” In other words, the biggest winner was you: the California citizen.

More than that, it was the very concept of representative government. That’s what Gallagher and I sought to defend when we sued Newsom in June of 2020; it was the entire topic of my opening statement at our trial.

We won that trial in what should have marked the end of one-man rule. Of course, Newsom then got the Chief Appellate Justice to step in and save him – a Justice who has since been removed from the bench by the Commission on Judicial Performance.

But the premise of our case has now been vindicated. While Newsom imposed countless mandates by fiat, not a single one passed when subjected to the legislative process. This is exactly why our Founders rejected autocracy in favor of a separation of powers.

Kevin Kiley
California Legislator
Gold: 80,771.69
Sep 6 2022 04:43pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Sep 3 2022 03:18pm)
nobody is reading that

I read it. take the L booster boi.
Gold: 281.64
Sep 6 2022 04:44pm
Quote (lodd222 @ 6 Sep 2022 15:43)
I read it. take the L booster boi.

Its a badge of honor coming from truck stop tabloid magazine person.
Gold: 80,771.69
Sep 6 2022 04:52pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Sep 6 2022 03:44pm)
Its a badge of honor coming from truck stop tabloid magazine person.

just make sure to get two copies this time, 1 for you & that glory....role friend of yours. personally i'd go for the cheesed apple pie but i know you're more of a book parasite.
Sep 6 2022 04:53pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Sep 6 2022 03:44pm)
i wear a zoro mask

:)

Sep 9 2022 01:18pm
Champions for Kids

Our Champions for Kids directory is now live. It features pro-parent, pro-student candidates running for school boards throughout California that I have endorsed.

You can search by school district or zip code to find candidates in your area. There are 75 endorsed candidates so far and we still have 100 requests to review. I’ll continue to update the directory through November.

During the COVID era, we've seen what a difference school boards can make. Some districts kept their schools shut down as long as possible; they kept their students masked and subjected to all manner of cruelty.

Other districts listened to parents and fought for kids. For example, in 2020 I was proud to support exceptional candidates who won seats on the Roseville and Rocklin school boards. These districts then led the state in opening schools and ending mask mandates.

This year, the rights of parents are on the ballot like never before. And our opponents know what a potent political force the voice of parents has become. That’s why they’re trying to silence them however they can.

The Biden Justice Department infamously labeled parents “domestic terrorists.” The Legislature passed a bill making it easier to remove parents from school board meetings. And we just learned the California teachers union did opposition research on the leaders of parent groups.

Please support these outstanding candidates for school board. If I’m elected to Congress, I'll fight Biden’s anti-parent agenda and use my platform to help put all California school districts in the hands of parent advocates.

Kevin Kiley
California Legislator
Gold: 273.00
Sep 9 2022 01:50pm
"The bill would give agricultural businesses two options for handling unionization: sign an agreement to not interfere with a union’s attempt to organize and allow mail-in elections or be subject to a process where workers can vote simply by signing a union representation card."

I hope... let me just say I hope people have some backbone.

Quote (thundercock @ Nov 9 2021 12:16pm)
Honestly, I don't trust white people to fight for this nation. If they are scared of a shot, do you think they are going to stand firm when a Chinaman is charging at them with a bayonet?

I think we should recruit immigrants into the military and offer them citizenship. It worked well with the Philippines and I think it'd be wise to enlist Central Americans.

Lol, let's just say some states are easier to take than others.

This post was edited by Superman on Sep 9 2022 01:55pm
Sep 12 2022 03:30pm
Committee Confrontations

There are currently about 900 bills on Newsom’s desk. Some are non-controversial, a few are actually good, and quite a few are very bad. Of the latter variety:

AB 2098: Censors doctors in violation of the First Amendment

SB 1479: Makes schools do onerous COVID testing

AB 1797: Gives government more access to the vaccine registry

SB 1157: Imposes limit of 42 gallons of indoor water use per day

SB 1018: Enables more pervasive social media censorship

Newsom has until September 30 to either sign or veto every bill. You can send him your thoughts here.

Last week, following my last day on the Assembly Floor, I posted a list of notable Floor Speeches someone had compiled. Here is a similar list for committee hearings:

10. Questioning San Diego’s Superintendent over the outdoor mask mandate.

9. Squaring off with Newsom’s Public Health Offier over lockdown "tiers."

8. Presenting a bill to make crime illegal again by reversing Prop. 47.

7. Denouncing schools that segregated students based on vaccination status.

6. Questioning Newsom’s EDD Director in the hearing that likely got her ousted.

5. Trying to save the jobs of Californians with disabilities targeted by Democrats.

4. Proposing audit of homelessness spending as Newsom tried to cancel the vote.

3. Cross-examining the author of the bill to remove parent vaccine consent.

2. Killing a bill that attacked homeschooling with thousands of families in attendance.

1. Turning the tables on the Chair who tried to hijack my gas tax suspension bill.

I can’t wait to bring similar accountability to Fauci and other Biden cronies who are doing such grave damage to our country.

Kevin Kiley
California Legislator
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11819202122Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll