d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1183818391840184118424474Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Dec 15 2022 01:18pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 15 2022 06:41pm)
Russia is low on precision missiles, and the sanctions will affect its replenishment/ supply lines.
Thats why we can see them using Iranian drones more akin to the v1 bombers.

Saying they are out of missiles, is obviously a step to far.

Russia was running out of missiles back in April ;)
Gold: 32,517.50
Dec 15 2022 01:23pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2022 06:55pm)
If you say someone is running low on something yet they continue to use it, month after month then it becomes meaningless to say. They are still using missiles to this day. They are still striking high value targets with these missiles to this day, Ukraine is a massive country, it would be near impossible to know and find all high value targets and hit them. I don't need to reference Russian news or whatever because I can just look at this reality and deduce.

When we invaded Iraq, we first pummeled them with Tomahawks then reduced their usage significantly, although there were still many targets I'm sure we'd still want to liquidate. The reduction of reliance on Tomahawks wasn't indicative that we were running out of them, it just meant that leaders thought other tactics are now more appropriate. Maybe because of cost, maybe because of other reasons.

But back to this scenario, using drones more than missiles =/= they are running low or out of them, that could be part of it but in reality they probably prefer to save money and deploy cheaper options that are comparably effective.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, although it doesn't disprove the suggestion Russia is low on precision weapons.
I'm also factoring in the sanctions that will affect Russia mobilizing their manufacturing of certain munitions, up to a point that could replenish what they have already used.

NATO countries are reporting having placed new orders of precision weapons like javelins or MLAW's, due to the stockpile of those weapons greatly decreasing. It would be reasonable to assume Russia is facing a similar shortage of such weapons, if not more severe when taking into consideration; the performance of the Russia army so far in Ukraine in comparison to the NATO invasion of Iraq for example, Russia's reliance on "dumb" artillery weapons, as opposed to "smart" precision weapons in its military doctrine, Russia's isolation due to sanctions.

I agree the over use of "Russia running out of missiles" has watered down the impact of making that statement. Russia definitely still has precision missiles. Is it reasonable to assume they have far less than at the beginning of the war, and that is affecting the current Russia capabilities and tactics? Yes, it is.

I believe we can see Russia attacking civilian infrastructure is an outcome of Russia being on the backfoot in the traditional military sense. Perhaps a shortage of precision missiles is a factor in that outcome.

Quote (Djunior @ Dec 15 2022 07:18pm)

In April, not in my opinion. Now is a different story.

I could say to you that the Russian constitution says Kherson region is part of the Russian federation.

Is Kherson under Russian control?

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 15 2022 01:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 15 2022 01:23pm
Quote (Djunior @ Dec 15 2022 08:18pm)

they believe in everythings from media. they believe UN is neutral, NATO is a peace army ect...

This post was edited by Pisior on Dec 15 2022 01:24pm
Dec 15 2022 01:29pm
Quote (Pisior @ Dec 15 2022 07:23pm)
they believe in everythings from media. they believe UN is neutral, NATO is a peace army ect...

Bit of a stretch to be fair. Especially from someone who thinks Gadhafi was a great philospher.

Quote (Pisior @ Dec 15 2022 12:42pm)
no. many many fake about gaddafi ... gaddafi was a great guy. 1rst who wanted a uniq money for africa( gold dinar),major investissment or a afriacan satellite (RASCOM)

+ look on this book so many good idea, he was a great philosopher.

Gold: 100,701.50
Dec 15 2022 01:35pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 15 2022 08:23pm)

I could say to you that the Russian constitution says Kherson region is part of the Russian federation.

Google "Russia is running out of missiles" and see for yourself how many times these claims were made.

And note that research has shown that Russia continues to fabricate cruise missiles. No doubt they also continue to produce all the other types of missiles they're using.

Dunno what Kherson has to do with this, is this meant to be a gotcha? Well it isn't. Kherson is now completely without electricity and Russian guns and missile crews can shell any part of the city whenever they feel like it.

Dec 15 2022 01:37pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 15 2022 08:29pm)
Bit of a stretch to be fair. Especially from someone who thinks Gadhafi was a great philospher.

yes he is. you should close your tv sometime.
Dec 15 2022 01:40pm

some old friend of khadafi , before his projects for africa became opposite of the occidental projects.

https://www.nouvelobs.com/galeries-photos/monde/20111021.OBS2970/photos-les-anciens-amis-de-kadhafi.html

khadafi deserve is own topic.

This post was edited by Pisior on Dec 15 2022 01:42pm
Dec 15 2022 01:59pm
Quote (Pisior @ Dec 15 2022 07:40pm)
^Prox1m1ty

some old friend of khadafi , before his projects for africa became opposite of the occidental projects.

https://www.nouvelobs.com/galeries-photos/monde/20111021.OBS2970/photos-les-anciens-amis-de-kadhafi.html

khadafi deserve is own topic.

He deserves in a hole in the ground, and he is lucky if he gets that. Tyrant.

Quote (Djunior @ Dec 15 2022 07:35pm)
Google "Russia is running out of missiles" and see for yourself how many times these claims were made.

And note that research has shown that Russia continues to fabricate cruise missiles. No doubt they also continue to produce all the other types of missiles they're using.

Dunno what Kherson has to do with this, is this meant to be a gotcha? Well it isn't. Kherson is now completely without electricity and Russian guns and missile crews can shell any part of the city whenever they feel like it.

I haven't been asleep for 10 months of this 10 day special operation.
I'm not disputing those claims haven't been made. I literally said they have been in my post.
Those claims are not my opinions, however you may continue building a strawman.

I mean its no more a gotcha than saying 100k Ukrainians have died and thats its all NATO's fault.

"Kherson is now completely without electricity and Russian guns and missile crews can shell any part of the city whenever they feel like it."

Is that what Russians do to parts of the Russian federation? Well, we know it is. Imagine Ukrainians wishing not to be part of that reality.
Gold: 12,095.00
Dec 15 2022 02:04pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Dec 15 2022 02:23pm)
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, although it doesn't disprove the suggestion Russia is low on precision weapons.
I'm also factoring in the sanctions that will affect Russia mobilizing their manufacturing of certain munitions, up to a point that could replenish what they have already used.

NATO countries are reporting having placed new orders of precision weapons like javelins or MLAW's, due to the stockpile of those weapons greatly decreasing. It would be reasonable to assume Russia is facing a similar shortage of such weapons, if not more severe when taking into consideration; the performance of the Russia army so far in Ukraine in comparison to the NATO invasion of Iraq for example, Russia's reliance on "dumb" artillery weapons, as opposed to "smart" precision weapons in its military doctrine, Russia's isolation due to sanctions.

I agree the over use of "Russia running out of missiles" has watered down the impact of making that statement. Russia definitely still has precision missiles. Is it reasonable to assume they have far less than at the beginning of the war, and that is affecting the current Russia capabilities and tactics? Yes, it is.

I believe we can see Russia attacking civilian infrastructure is an outcome of Russia being on the backfoot in the traditional military sense. Perhaps a shortage of precision missiles is a factor in that outcome.

The US took out civilian infrastructure in Iraq as well, does that also mean we were on the backfoot?

Dec 15 2022 02:16pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Dec 15 2022 08:04pm)
The US took out civilian infrastructure in Iraq as well, does that also mean we were on the backfoot?

No, the US didn't fail in its initial objective's to conquer Iraq by conventional means. Russia has.
The US and NATO were never really on the backfoot in the sense that Russia is in Ukraine.

We've seen this tactic before in Syria under this goon -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Surovikin

Loves targeting civilian infrastructure.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 15 2022 02:17pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1183818391840184118424474Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll