d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1183118321833183418354473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 13 2022 08:20am
We warn you, many time said Ukraine is red cross, you still did it.
Gold: 13.37
Dec 13 2022 08:21am
Wosim łet
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 13 2022 08:23am
Quote (ferdia @ 13 Dec 2022 15:14)
What i cant figure out is how some users may not post in this sub forum, yet new users (read: multi's) can. its ok for him call for genocide, its not breaking some jsp rule? seems pretty daft to me.

I think it's some "call for violence" report related :rofl:

Quote (Norlander @ 13 Dec 2022 15:11)
My bet is that Lvivz has chosen new tactics :D

the old tactic was pretty good, so i don't understand
Dec 13 2022 08:27am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 13 Dec 2022 17:23)
I think it's some "call for violence" report related :rofl:

the old tactic was pretty good, so i don't understand

Dunno, even I started to hate and preparing to dumb bombass or vice versa, haven't decide yet
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 13 2022 08:32am
Quote (Norlander @ 13 Dec 2022 15:27)
Dunno, even I started to hate and preparing to dumb bombass or vice versa, haven't decide yet

You can do that by posting the most grotesque propaganda statements in Russia. Could also be very informative.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 13 2022 08:34am
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 13 2022 04:14pm)
What i cant figure out is how some users may not post in this sub forum, yet new users (read: multi's) can. its ok for him call for genocide, its not breaking some jsp rule? seems pretty daft to me.

If you had read this topic properly, or used google, you would know that there are 300,000 americans stationed in europe. Russia would struggle with Finland. Yes alot of countries are inept from a military standpoint, but this applies to Russia as well, as we have seen.
If you understand the geopolitical positions you would realise that Russia is not going to invade, bomb or do anything to a county in Nato. Poland is in Nato.
If you had an ounce of decency you would not be calling on Russia (presumably where you are from) to commit genocide and murder.
Sure Ukraine has a Nazi problem. so does the US, so does Germany, alot of countries have problems, Russia has more then most.

russia has nazi???? You crazy we eliminate most nazi safe Europe 1945. Exactly what wrong with west here in your message.
Dec 13 2022 08:47am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 13 Dec 2022 17:32)
You can do that by posting the most grotesque propaganda statements in Russia. Could also be very informative.

Sometimes I feel I'm just drowning but they don't stop pulling it so you better find a source by your own.

Anyway here you go:

Perm city, Russia. A picket for preservation of the Russian language.

Went bad. A mistake in word "preservation"
Gold: 22,164.69
Dec 13 2022 08:57am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 13 2022 08:03am)
No biggie. :)

It just goes back to our disagreement about the nature of the 2014 revolution/coup. Your core argument is that the ousting of Yanukovych in 2014 was not just illegitimate in a legal sense (all revolutions are), but also in a moral sense; that the West orchestrated and forced a pro-Western government onto Ukraine while its people actually wanted to (continue to) align with Russia. And for this argument, it makes a lot of difference if Yanukovych came into office with a 49:46 or a (say) 63:35 margin.

well, it doesn't make a real difference in terms of the argument that a democracy must be governed by rules agreed upon by the voters and they must abide those rules
Its a similar argument to democrats who have long complained about the 'illegitimacy' of presidents elected through the electoral college instead of popular vote. And the Trump camp harped on that same line when it came to mail-in voting and covid restrictions. In the Ukrainian case, like many EU countries a plurality is what it took to form a lawful government and he clearly won a free and fair democratic election and the people had plenty of opportunity to vote against him in the future if their will changed. And its likewise clear that by overthrowing a democracy and replacing it with a pro-western government that outlawed the opposition, hunted them down and went to war with them for 8 years, they were disenfranchising that majority plurality of the country, mostly the populous eastern oblasts who had no representation in government from that point on.

Since the beginning, its clear we've been on the wrong side of democracy in this conflict as far as a moralizing lens and international law. But I also tend to disregard those kind of vain idealized foreign policy concepts. Being on the side of 'democracy' in Syria or Egypt or Yemen probably means getting millions of people killed and going to war with jews, having strongman dictators to crush the radicals was the right call. If it was actually in our national interests to overthrow a corrupt Ukrainian democracy beholden to Russia and replace it with our vichy regime, I'd be all for it. But even back in 2014 I was pointing out that Russia is far more invested in the outcome of Ukrainian and willing to act, than the US and EU who don't really give a tosh
Gold: 4,404.67
Dec 13 2022 09:23am
Quote (Goomshill @ 13 Dec 2022 15:57)
well, it doesn't make a real difference in terms of the argument that a democracy must be governed by rules agreed upon by the voters and they must abide those rules

Just like the rulers have to abide by those laws/rules, for example respecting freedom of speech and assembly and not have their secret police violently crack down on peaceful protesters.

Its a similar argument to democrats who have long complained about the 'illegitimacy' of presidents elected through the electoral college instead of popular vote. And the Trump camp harped on that same line when it came to mail-in voting and covid restrictions.

Note that I never claimed that Yanukovych was "illegitimate". And Trump is actually a good example: he never had majority support or a strong mandate from the voters, which is one of the major reasons why he got far less done than he should have.

In the Ukrainian case, like many EU countries a plurality is what it took to form a lawful government and he clearly won a free and fair democratic election and the people had plenty of opportunity to vote against him in the future if their will changed.

The Ukrainian parliament at the time was also elected in a free and fair election and produced a pro-EU majority. Also note that on the 2010 campaign trail, Yanukovych had promised to not stand in the way of a Ukrainian EU membership. When the EU-UA association agreement was being drafted, he didn't speak out against it either. It was only in the 11th hour that he "changed" his mind (read: got a phone call from his puppet masters in Moscow) and decided to veto the agreement. The Maidan protesters had every right to be incensed. From there, tensions built up until the whole situation exploded in one gigantic clusterfuck of violence and chaos.

And its likewise clear that by overthrowing a democracy and replacing it with a pro-western government that outlawed the opposition, hunted them down and went to war with them for 8 years, they were disenfranchising that majority plurality of the country, mostly the populous eastern oblasts who had no representation in government from that point on.

The only oblasts which had no representation in government were the ones which seceded out of their own volition. Pro-Yanukovych oblasts which remained in Ukraine, like Dnipropetrovsk or Kharkiv, retained their full democratic rights. Likewise, the new admin didn't outlaw all opposition, just those who were explicitly supporting the separatists.

But even back in 2014 I was pointing out that Russia is far more invested in the outcome of Ukrainian and willing to act, than the US and EU who don't really give a tosh

Russia is most definitely willing to invest more, comparatively speaking. Doesn't necessarily mean that they will win though. The US and the EU clearly do give a tosh, they're currently incurring substantial military and economic costs to help Ukraine defend itself from Russia's invasion. And due to the vast disparity in size and potency, the West at 20% commitment level might well prove stronger than Russia at 80% commitment. Or it won't, time will tell.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 13 2022 09:26am
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 13 2022 09:28am
Quote (Norlander @ 13 Dec 2022 22:01)
Never thought I would someday agree with the frenchie

Me too. A rare moment that I agree with Frenchie ....
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1183118321833183418354473Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll