d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11781791801811824487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,704.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2022 12:23pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 05:52pm)
another dodge, just insane rambling and ad homs. why are you always so mad?

He is not dodging you he is simply frustrated (as am I) that you cannot see Putins' view point. We are not agreeing with Putin's world view or asking you to agree with Putin's world view, we are just asking you to comprehend it. All I am seeing from you is : Your all mindless sheep that have no clue what you are talking about, listen to me I am right and you are wrong, end of debate, i win again. In that case:

What Option did Russia have re: Ukraine, if not invasion, to maintain its strategic military position in the region.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 15 2022 12:25pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2022 12:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 15 2022 07:06pm)
i think yes, the US should use sanctions, trade levies, and many other non-violent policies to bring China into check. i'm less concerned with the US's position atop the world being usurped than i am that it's China. but china is only usurping us because they're doing China stuff. which is basically the way the US acted 100 years ago with regards to pollution, worker exploitation, propaganda, etc. So i dont blame china really, but that doesnt mean we should give them free reign to make the same mistakes we supposedly learned from.

Well it isn't... US wars in the Middle East can be seen from that perspective.
Regardless, why do you think dirty tactics are okay as long as they are none violent? Why should the US issue trade tariffs, and sanctions, instigate manufactured coups and "revolutions" (this is violent or not, gets kinda gray imo), instead of slowly going out of business the free-market way?
Are these your personal rules for the dividing line of sportsmanship international conduct and do you expect all to play by these rules?

The questions are rhetorical... centers of power big and small are only bound by rules as long as it serves their interest and this is the way it has always been.
When you maneuver yourself and rival great power into a position where it is in your rival's interest to break the established rules... that is either a failure of diplomacy or a very dirty move :)
Mar 15 2022 12:26pm
well said.
Gold: 3.33
Mar 15 2022 12:33pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 15 2022 01:35am)
Today, there were news that Armenia and Azerbaijan have agreed to peace talks. It seems as if their Russian overlords have directed the Armenian government to accept the losses in the Karabakh region in order to free up military resources for the war effort in Ukraine. Coupled with bringing in Syrians, Iranians and begging the Chinese for support, this doesn't paint a flattering picture of the Russian military. They are still clearly winning this war as long as the West doesn't intervene, don't get me wrong, but doing so seems to bring the Russian military to the brink of its capabilities.

If this is the best the Russians can do, they wouldn't even have the strength (in terms of conventional forces) to invade Poland (much more well-equipped and modern military than Ukraine), let alone the rest of Europe.

Russia seems like a schoolyard bully who always looked strong while picking on dudes one third his size and now struggles to subdue a guy who's "just" half his size and had been taking self-defense classes for 3 weeks.

If the leaked Lukashenko map is correct, Transnistria and areas of Eastern Moldova would be the next target. Makes sense to target the Russian speaking area of a non-NATO country that is also extremely poor with a poor military

No one in their right mind thinks Russia would attack a NATO country, they would be annihilated within a week. It's just a soundbite the pro-WW3 camp are repeating
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 15 2022 12:35pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 01:10pm)
ummm... russia did great business with germany, and last time i checked we were a NATO member. again, NATO is a military alliance, not an economic one, and its members are free to trade with whomever they see fit.

regarding kaliningrad oblast: the whole point, and why it's relevant that poland also shares a border with russia, is that it's NOT just some irrelevant "turd", but a strategically important location, containing russia's only ice-free port on the baltic sea.

if Germany left NATO would russia do more or less business with Germany?

if Ukraine joined NATO would russia do more or less business with Ukraine?
Gold: 1,978.00
Mar 15 2022 01:19pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 09:52am)
another dodge, just insane rambling and ad homs. why are you always so mad?

Don't flatter yourself. I know the festering Leftist PARD hive loves to thinking everyone is always mad all the time, your posts are way too ineffective and ignorable. They're basically Sean Hannity tier of thoughtfulness. As in, not worth engaging with.
Warn: 30%
Mar 15 2022 01:24pm
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Mar 2022 19:23)
He is not dodging you he is simply frustrated (as am I) that you cannot see Putins' view point. We are not agreeing with Putin's world view or asking you to agree with Putin's world view, we are just asking you to comprehend it. All I am seeing from you is : Your all mindless sheep that have no clue what you are talking about, listen to me I am right and you are wrong, end of debate, i win again. In that case:

What Option did Russia have re: Ukraine, if not invasion, to maintain its strategic military position in the region.

the same option russia had before poland joined and the baltic states: NOT to invade them. can you not read?!

how often do i have to explain it to you? i DO see where pootin is coming from, but i reject YOUR framing that his discontent with ukraine looking for protection from HIM "inevitably" had to result in an invasion. it's a stupid talking point trying to bothsides a war.

you might not outright "agree" with it, but you sure do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to blame everyone but the guy who actually started the war. ukraine seeking protection from russia is perfectly reasonable when you look at recent history. NATO considering their request also is. the west refusing to be blackmailed by russia, not to outright "sacrifice" a whole country, tens of millions of people who want to be free, just to appease an aggressive expansionist dictator for a while, also makes a lot of sense - so what is your obsession with trying to portray the situation like pootin had no choice but start a war, like it is "the west's" fault that he is murdering women and children in ukraine now?

pootin being mad because "the west" refused to give in to his demands is a fair statement to make. claiming that he had no other option but start a war, and that therefore "the west" is to blame for it is moronic.

Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Mar 2022 19:35)
if Germany left NATO would russia do more or less business with Germany?

if Ukraine joined NATO would russia do more or less business with Ukraine?

if russia invades ukraine, bombs their infrastructure to pieces, kills tens of thousands of ukrainians, including women and children... do you think they would do more or less business with them?

oh wait, we already know what russia's "business" intentions are, they showed us in 2014.

again, NATO does not regulate trade between nations. i genuinely can't think of a simpler way to explain that.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 15 2022 01:28pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 15 2022 01:28pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 02:24pm)
the same option russia had before poland joined and the baltic states: NOT to invade them. can you not read?!

how often do i have to explain it to you? i DO see where pootin is coming from, but i reject YOUR framing that his discontent with ukraine looking for protection from HIM "inevitably" had to result in war. it's a stupid talking point trying to bothsides a war.

you might not outright "agree" with the war, but you sure do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to blame everyone but the guy who actually started the war. ukraine seeking protection from russia is perfectly reasonable when you look at recent history. NATO considering their request also is. the west refusing to be blackmailed by russia, not to outright "sacrifice" a whole country, tens of millions of people who want to be free, just to appease an aggressive expansionist dictator for a while, also makes a lot of sense - so what is your obsession with trying to portray the situation like pootin had no choice but start a war, like it is "the west's" fault that he is murdering women and children in ukraine now?

pootin being mad because "the west" refused to give in to his demands is fair. claiming that he had no other option but start a war, and that therefore "the west" is to blame for it is moronic.

if russia invades ukraine, bombs their infrastructure to pieces, kills tens of thousands of ukrainians, including women and children... do you think they would do more or less business with them?

oh wait, we already know what russia's "business" intentions are, they showed us in 2014.

again, NATO does not regulate trade between nations. i genuinely can't think of a simpler way to explain that.

all of that would be really relevant, but im making the point that Russia does less business as the NATO sphere of influence grows.

i'm not saying that this justifies the invasion of Ukraine, nor that we're in a binary. Russia wants Ukraine for its own, as a puppet, rather than a pro-western country. I've been calling it a land grab all along. but the sphere of influence for the west growing, and the sphere of influence for russia shrinking, is inarguably bad for russian business. war or not. they just happened to make it even worse from an international business perspective by invading, a strange misstep for Putin.
Warn: 30%
Mar 15 2022 01:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Mar 2022 20:28)
all of that would be really relevant, but im making the point that Russia does less business as the NATO sphere of influence grows.

i'm not saying that this justifies the invasion of Ukraine, nor that we're in a binary. Russia wants Ukraine for its own, as a puppet, rather than a pro-western country. I've been calling it a land grab all along. but the sphere of influence for the west growing, and the sphere of influence for russia shrinking, is inarguably bad for russian business. war or not. they just happened to make it even worse from an international business perspective by invading, a strange misstep for Putin.

doesn't ring true at all tbh. post cold war decrease of tensions between russia and the west was extremely profitable for russian business, especially trade with european NATO members, so quite the opposite of your claim.
Mar 15 2022 01:46pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 07:24pm)

how often do i have to explain it to you? i DO see where pootin is coming from, but i reject YOUR framing that his discontent with ukraine looking for protection from HIM "inevitably" had to result in an invasion. it's a stupid talking point trying to bothsides a war.

you might not outright "agree" with it, but you sure do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to blame everyone but the guy who actually started the war. ukraine seeking protection from russia is perfectly reasonable when you look at recent history. NATO considering their request also is. the west refusing to be blackmailed by russia, not to outright "sacrifice" a whole country, tens of millions of people who want to be free, just to appease an aggressive expansionist dictator for a while, also makes a lot of sense - so what is your obsession with trying to portray the situation like pootin had no choice but start a war, like it is "the west's" fault that he is murdering women and children in ukraine now?

pootin being mad because "the west" refused to give in to his demands is a fair statement to make. claiming that he had no other option but start a war, and that therefore "the west" is to blame for it is moronic.

i will reiterate: What other option did russia have, in your opinion, to maintain its security concerns.

note that i had asked this of you already here ->

Quote (ferdia @ Mar 15 2022 06:23pm)

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 15 2022 01:48pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11781791801811824487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll