d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11771781791801814487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 15 2022 11:39am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ 15 Mar 2022 18:36)
As you've already been told in various forms of pushback on that thread, it doesn't make a difference. I can pinky swear whatever I want, all that matters is what I do.

There is no justification for eastward NATO expansion. Unless you've got one, then let's hear it.

i already told you that nato doesn't expand actively, but that countries apply for membership.

here's the reason: to protect themselves from russian aggression, like their invasion and occupation of ukraine in 2014 for example. try to keep up.
Gold: 1,978.00
Mar 15 2022 11:43am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 09:39am)
i already told you that nato doesn't expand actively, but that countries apply for membership.

here's the reason: to protect themselves from russian aggression, like their invasion and occupation of ukraine in 2014 for example. try to keep up.

Relax, kid. No one is having trouble "keeping up" with you. :rofl:

In regards to whether it expands active or countries apply for membership, it's the same end effect. Containment at best. I already explained that you can call it what ever you want. Technicalities do not lessen diplomatic tension and geopolitical pressure. All that matters is the end effect.

Hey, I've got a super sick burn ready for you. Are you sure you can handle this one? Here goes... Try to keep up. B)
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 15 2022 11:43am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ 15 Mar 2022 17:36)
As you've already been told in various forms of pushback on that thread, it doesn't make a difference. I can pinky swear whatever I want, all that matters is what I do.

There is no justification for eastward NATO expansion. Unless you've got one, then let's hear it.

FYI Putin is active leader since 2000 and worked during all this time in rebuilding ex-USSR army.
And it's not NATO expanding by itself but countries like Poland who asked for it and even a kid could understand why.
Mar 15 2022 11:44am
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Mar 2022 18:38)
poland doesnt share a border with Russia, and Baltic sea port access is less valuable than Black Sea apparently.

not that i disagree with your general points made.

yes it does, brush up on your geography.

regarding the "value" of sea ports you're just making my point for me. it is not "nato expansion" that is the problem, but what russia wants to conquer / have access to. they want ukrainian resources, infrastructure, locations. russia knows that the nato would never attack it, since nuclear annihilation for everyone would be the result.
Mar 15 2022 11:49am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 15 2022 09:43am)
FYI Putin is active leader since 2000 and worked during all this time in rebuilding ex-USSR army.
And it's not NATO expanding by itself but countries like Poland who asked for it and even a kid could understand why.

Right, I don't see anyone arguing that NATO membership isn't being asked for, at this point that's a strawman by you and Fredo over there (Fender)

What is being asked of you, and clearly isn't landing, is to take into account the big picture, looking beyond the technicalities. If I'm Putin, and clearly looking to reinforce my regional interests, I see more and more countries on my border continuing to cozy up to NATO. I am not, and I don't really see anyone else justifying Putin's ambitions, but it sure would be nice if anyone here, or anyone in the American State department, would take into account the end effect of this clear containment/encirclement strategy. It requires a modicum of empathy. Try to imagine a Chinese-lead military coalition that includes Canada and Mexico. Would America sit idly by while the wolves position themselves for a coordinated kill?
Mar 15 2022 11:50am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ 15 Mar 2022 18:43)
Relax, kid. No one is having trouble "keeping up" with you. :rofl:

In regards to whether it expands active or countries apply for membership, it's the same end effect. Containment at best. I already explained that you can call it what ever you want. Technicalities do not lessen diplomatic tension and geopolitical pressure. All that matters is the end effect.

Hey, I've got a super sick burn ready for you. Are you sure you can handle this one? Here goes... Try to keep up. B)

it's amazing how you managed to conveniently ignore the direct answer to your core question. you asked for the justification of eastern european countries wanting to join NATO, and i gave you the answer: protection from russian aggression. looks like you can't handle FACTS very well...
Mar 15 2022 11:51am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 09:50am)
it's amazing how you managed to conveniently ignore the direct answer to your core question. you asked for the justification of eastern european countries wanting to join NATO, and i gave you the answer: protection from russian aggression. looks like you can't handle FACTS very well...

hahahaha

whoa, look out, this kid has .... facts now. So extreme and edgy. B)
Mar 15 2022 11:52am
Quote (Nibthebarb @ 15 Mar 2022 18:51)
hahahaha

whoa, look out, this kid has .... facts now. So extreme and edgy. B)

another dodge, just insane rambling and ad homs. why are you always so mad?
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 15 2022 11:55am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 12:44pm)
yes it does, brush up on your geography.

regarding the "value" of sea ports you're just making my point for me. it is not "nato expansion" that is the problem, but what russia wants to conquer / have access to. they want ukrainian resources, infrastructure, locations. russia knows that the nato would never attack it, since nuclear annihilation for everyone would be the result.

you're correct, i forgot Russia left that turd on top of Poland behind.

but to the second point NATO expansion and access to seaports and trading partners aren't mutually exclusive. when a nation joins NATO, an organization essentially designed to counter everything Russian, Russia has a harder time doing business there, gaining access to sea ports, etc.

I'm firmly on the side of NATO both historically and here, because Russia is a bad dude.
Mar 15 2022 12:10pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 15 Mar 2022 18:55)
you're correct, i forgot Russia left that turd on top of Poland behind.

but to the second point NATO expansion and access to seaports and trading partners aren't mutually exclusive. when a nation joins NATO, an organization essentially designed to counter everything Russian, Russia has a harder time doing business there, gaining access to sea ports, etc.

I'm firmly on the side of NATO both historically and here, because Russia is a bad dude.

ummm... russia did great business with germany, and last time i checked we were a NATO member. again, NATO is a military alliance, not an economic one, and its members are free to trade with whomever they see fit.

regarding kaliningrad oblast: the whole point, and why it's relevant that poland also shares a border with russia, is that it's NOT just some irrelevant "turd", but a strategically important location, containing russia's only ice-free port on the baltic sea.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11771781791801814487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll