d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11741751761771784488Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,220.00
Mar 15 2022 09:32am
WSJ reporting that Saudi Arabia and China in talks to transact oil in yuan.

Huge

Edit: sounds like this was in the works for years but it might actually be happening now with the great divide

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 15 2022 09:36am
Gold: 1,978.00
Mar 15 2022 09:35am
Quote (Bananii @ Mar 15 2022 06:14am)
are you defending the western (US) politics? 😂

It really is amazing how fast lefties on here switch to being ultra war hawks when their pants pooper is in the white house. They have no principles.
Gold: 26,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 15 2022 09:36am
In Western media: Russia has, without warning, invaded Ukraine. In Russian news, Russia is carrying out a military operation (not war) in Ukraine. Both of those stories are bullshit. In unaligned countries (i.e. India, China etc.) or by easily reading up on the issues (on AMERICAN WEBSITES) Russia invaded due to its concerns re: Nato expansion. I am more inclined to believe unaligned views / informed views, which are supported by 10 years of history, then the views of nations that are actively involved noting both sides are producing utter bullshit.

Russia IS systematically flattening parts of Ukraine. There IS a massive exodus from Ukraine and it IS a humanitarian crisis. The west is responding via humanitarian aid, sanctions, military aid (not officially) and warnings. The Sanctions and military aid and rhetoric in the media / political level all appear to be deeply flawed and to my mind only perpetuate and escalate the conflict. i DONT understand our western strategy here (from a geopolitical standpoint).

The west does not want to officially provide military aid as to do so invites escalation outside of the boarders of Ukraine. i.e. Nato vs Russia. I have NO CLUE where this will end. I expect it will only end once Putin feels that he has achieved what he set out to do. i.e. to prevent Ukraine in its boarder pre-war to join Nato / EU / relationship / deeper ties with EU. Therefore the whole idea of talks between Ukraine and Russia were both sides are "moving closer to each other" makes ZERO sense and is all complete crap to my mind.

That is not being an apologist of Russia or Putin, its stating an assessment of the situation and questioning the current "spin" "media" and the eventual outcome.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 15 2022 09:42am
Gold: 2,170.00
Mar 15 2022 09:41am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 15 2022 03:36pm)
In Western media: Russia has, without warning, invaded Ukraine. In Russian news, Russia is carrying out a military operation (not war) in Ukraine. Both of those stories are bullshit. In unaligned countries (i.e. India, China etc.) or by easily reading up on the issues (on AMERICAN WEBSITES) Russia invaded due to its concerns re: Nato expansion. I am more inclined to believe unaligned views / informed views, which are supported by 10 years of history, then the views of nations that are actively involved noting both sides are producing utter bullshit.

Russia IS systematically flattening parts of Ukraine. There IS a massive exodus from Ukraine and it IS a humanitarian crisis. The west is responding via humanitarian aid, sanctions, military aid (not officially) and warnings. The Sanctions and military aid and rhetoric in the media / political level all appear to be deeply flawed and i DONT understand our western strategy here (from a geopolitical standpoint).

The west does not want to officially provide military aid as to do so invites escalation outside of the boarders of Ukraine. i.e. Nato vs Russia. I have NO CLUE where this will end. I expect it will only end once Putin feels that he has achieved what he set out to do. i.e. to prevent Ukraine in its boarder pre-war to join Nato / EU / relationship with EU.

it will probably end when putin gets kiew. regarding nato and western countries, teh fault lies on biden (very weak leader, just as obama was in 2014 with crimeea) and germany (schultz is merkel 2.0, russian prostitutes).

regarding the russia motive to invade, quote all of them, they are denazifying the country, 14000 genocide committed by Ukraine and so on.

and again, biden could have stopped all of this if nato (basically USA is running nato) would have frozen or suspended or denied ukraine's application.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 15 2022 09:46am
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Mar 2022 16:36)

Russia IS systematically flattening parts of Ukraine. There IS a massive exodus from Ukraine and it IS a humanitarian crisis. The west is responding via humanitarian aid, sanctions, military aid (not officially) and warnings. The Sanctions and military aid and rhetoric in the media / political level all appear to be deeply flawed and to my mind only perpetuate and escalate the conflict. i DONT understand our western strategy here (from a geopolitical standpoint).

The west does not want to officially provide military aid as to do so invites escalation outside of the boarders of Ukraine. i.e. Nato vs Russia. I have NO CLUE where this will end. I expect it will only end once Putin feels that he has achieved what he set out to do. i.e. to prevent Ukraine in its boarder pre-war to join Nato / EU / relationship / deeper ties with EU. Therefore the whole idea of talks between Ukraine and Russia were both sides are "moving closer to each other" makes ZERO sense and is all complete crap to my mind.

That is not being an apologist of Russia or Putin, its stating an assessment of the situation and questioning the current "spin" "media" and the eventual outcome.

your reading comprehension sucks big time. you said russia "had no other option", that starting a war was "inevitable". that is just factually wrong. you're just mindlessly repeating your silly bothsidesisms and dodging my question:

what exactly made it impossible for russia to withdraw their troops and not start a war? why do you insist that was not an option?

This post was edited by fender on Mar 15 2022 09:47am
Gold: 2,170.00
Mar 15 2022 09:49am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 03:46pm)
your reading comprehension sucks big time. you said russia "had no other option", that starting a war was "inevitable". that is just factually wrong. you're just mindlessly repeating your silly bothsidesisms and dodging my question:

what exactly made it impossible for russia to withdraw their troops and not start a war? why do you insist that was not an option?

when they saw your prostitute leaders merkel, von der leyen and schultz grovelling at their feet for oil and gas prices.
Mar 15 2022 09:50am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 03:46pm)

I believe I already provided a view to this previously, perhaps you should read the topic from the start, and watch that video. If you are incapable of doing this, I will however repeat the rationale, on request.

In no order:

Quote (ferdia @ Jan 25 2022 09:32am)
Any Topic's about the Russia / Ukraine issue ?

In summary ~ the EU wants Ukraine as a trade partner and Ally
Russia sees this as a Red line similar to the US-Cuban Missile Crisis
In this instance however the EU and US are not backing down
Therefore invasion by Russia into Ukraine is inevitable
i.e. A perfect example of US-EU politicians complete failure at diplomacy
The only winner here is China which appears to be the only super power with a credible long term plan

here is another:

Quote (ferdia @ Jan 25 2022 12:16pm)
... I would argue that Ukraine is in Russia's sphere of influence and they do not want to lose this influence or reduce the "map" of influence. Putin's mindset is to protect what he has (he is not expansionist, unlike the EU). To be clear, I am EU, I understand the logic, we want another big trade partner, nato etc. but we (EU) should have taken the long view on this and been more friendly with Russia before simply diving into making Ukraine switch sides. Very few western bodies take the long view on alot of things (Why China will be long term successful if they continue to do what they do - taking the long view).

here is another:

Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 12:52pm)
...Russia is in no way liberating Ukraine. if you are reading that somewhere its just propaganda. Russia has invaded its neighbour due to its (security) concerns...

and another:

Quote (ferdia @ Jan 25 2022 03:53pm)
It's a failure because their policies led to this and they are not backing down. Look I get the view "but let Ukraine decide for themselves" but the reality is that a Trade Deal and Joining Nato for Ukraine would weaken Russia and expose Russia and Putin has spent his entire political life trying to reverse what had happened before him (i am not arguing whether this is right or wrong, i merely provide context). Why was America up in arms re: Cuban missile crises ? because if allowed to happen it would weaken America and expose America and they did not want that.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 15 2022 09:58am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 15 2022 09:51am
Quote (SanduLungu @ 15 Mar 2022 15:49)
when they saw your prostitute leaders merkel, von der leyen and schultz grovelling at their feet for oil and gas prices.

Only prostitutes here are Romanian Shitmultis' leaders.
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 15 2022 09:58am
Quote (fender @ Mar 15 2022 10:46am)

in sports teams always have the option to just lose, rather than playing dirty. when was the last time Russia didnt cheat in sports?
Mar 15 2022 10:00am
AFAIK (in the last 40~ years or so ok) russia always cheated in sports, and so did america, but america typically does not get caught, i.e. they cheat, or, play the game, better. There is probably an analogy there if someone cared to look for it. its generally accepted that every professional cyclist in the tour de france takes performance enhancing drugs.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 15 2022 10:01am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11741751761771784488Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll