d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11701711721731744491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Mar 14 2022 02:32pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 14 2022 08:21pm)
agreed here, sadly we have xenophobic miscreants like fender who want to attack random russians because of what happened in 1945

Can't blame him, they got his grandad in the siege of Leningrad after all. His great uncle was also neutralised by the RAF in the Battle of Britain so explains his burning hatred of the United Kingdom too
Gold: 57.00
Mar 14 2022 02:38pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 14 Mar 2022 16:27)
Many people are just generally shitty and times like these society pretty much gives them a pass to be that way. I had lunch a week ago at my cousins house. She's Moldovan, her husband Ukrainian. Their 14 year old daughter (who was born in the US) was telling us how kids at school are calling her Ms.Putin amongst other things. Even after telling them she's not Russian but Ukrainian...

typical american children raised by left-wing extremist privileged pale people. most couldnt point out russia on a map much less moldova or ukraine. nothing new sadly
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 16:32)
Can't blame him, they got his grandad in the siege of Leningrad after all. His great uncle was also neutralised by the RAF in the Battle of Britain so explains his burning hatred of the United Kingdom too

well stated my friend! also his not so distant descendants fell in dresden and berlin in 1945 as well
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 14 2022 02:39pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 14 Mar 2022 18:43)
The war in Ukraine was caused by NATO expansion AND Russian aggression. Both things can be simultaneously correct. I prefer to leave out the moral dimensions in wars because very often they are used to manipulate people and galvanize support when under normal circumstances most people wouldn't support some action. In the west I noticed we're particularly keen on injecting morality into everything so to present our cause as the righteous one. Like currently you're tying to evoke morality here when literally the same thing is happening in Yemen except there instead of white people being killed its brown sand people with US arms, intelligence support, weapon sales, naval logistical support, etc but I don't hear you criticizing or anyone else trying to apply the same moral argument against that war.

I agree with your point about weaponizing morality, but it should still be mentioned that the war in Yemen is primarily caused by the rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran, with the US only tacitly supporting the SA military operations and constantly urging them to hold back.
And this SA/Iran conflict has not only present-day geostrategic roots (who's the hegemonial power in the Gulf region?), but also religious ones. Essentially, this is a proxy war between Sunnis and Shiites, a religious conflict which has been going on for 1400 years.

Also, pretty much all of us agree that the war in Yemen is horrible and must be condemned. The moral case against this war is made, it's just that you don't hear about it all the time because nobody in the West gives a fuck about Yemen.
Gold: 13.37
Mar 14 2022 02:47pm
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 22:47)
It is believed this woman works at the news station. Not only will she be sacked, but she will most likely be jailed too. The crime for referring to the 'special operation' as a war is punishable upto 15 years in prison

It takes incredible bravery and personal sacrifice to do this. We should actually be welcoming Russian refugees as well as Ukrainian ones instead of treating ordinary Russians like dirt abroad

She is their editor

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 14 2022 02:54pm
Btw i was definitely right regarding Iraq war 2 : 1 million deads easy (crushing majority being civilians).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

List of west countries who participed in this massacre:

Main actors:

United States
United Kingdom

---
Australia
Poland
Italy
Netherlands
Spain

Gold: 15,205.00
Mar 14 2022 02:56pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 14 2022 04:39pm)
I agree with your point about weaponizing morality, but it should still be mentioned that the war in Yemen is primarily caused by the rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran, with the US only tacitly supporting the SA military operations and constantly urging them to hold back.
And this SA/Iran conflict has not only present-day geostrategic roots (who's the hegemonial power in the Gulf region?), but also religious ones.Essentially, this is a proxy war between Sunnis and Shiites, a religious conflict which has been going on for 1400 years.

Also, pretty much all of us agree that the war in Yemen is horrible and must be condemned. The moral case against this war is made, it's just that you don't hear about it all the time because nobody in the West gives a fuck about Yemen.

That's a huge part, but Iran is and has been diametrically opposed to US interests since we tried to rule them with a puppet regime. Between Syria, Iraq, Arabian peninsula, we've pretty much been against them geopolitically for awhile now. The power struggle in Iraq as well as the Syrian civil war really showed that. Throw in the fact that they are the arch nemesis of both Israel and SA and couple that with the fact that SA is literally the number 1 US arms buyer in the world, and to me, we're not just reluctant supporters. A weaker Iran proxy in the region is 'good' for our geopolitical goals and that's why no one really talks or cares about it in the media.

It is what it is though, I get the geopolitics of it, and it's a necessary evil, especially now that we want the Arabs to save the day and pump as much oil as they can, but the double standards get hard to swallow sometimes.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 14 2022 03:01pm
Gold: 3.33
Mar 14 2022 03:01pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 14 2022 08:54pm)
Btw i was definitely right regarding Iraq war 2 : 1 million deads easy (crushing majority being civilians).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

List of west countries who participed in this massacre:

Main actors:

United States
United Kingdom

---
Australia
Poland
Italy
Netherlands
Spain

We'd have invited you along but rumour has it you surrendered to the Iraqis beforehand

Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 14 2022 03:07pm
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 21:01)
We'd have invited you along but rumour has it you surrendered to the Iraqis beforehand

US and their little dog :lol:
Gold: 260.11
Mar 14 2022 03:13pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 14 2022 03:39pm)

By which you mean doing nothing to prevent it and actively supplying the weapons that allow it to happen.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 14 2022 03:15pm
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 17:01)

odd he claims “he was right” on the iraq war but unquestionably supports the American political forces who voted for the war and profited off it
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11701711721731744491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll