d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11691701711721734491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,205.00
Mar 14 2022 11:43am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 14 2022 01:25pm)
When someone says "the war in Ukraine was caused by EU/NATO", or "9/11 was caused by America's presence in the Middle East", you're totally ignoring the actual perpetrators of these events. That's a distorted view of reality. I have no problem with acknowledging how US/Western actions may have helped create the circumstances for some event.

Also, these sort of discussions always leave out the moral dimension. It matters what the values and intentions are for each actor.

The war in Ukraine was caused by NATO expansion AND Russian aggression. Both things can be simultaneously correct. I prefer to leave out the moral dimensions in wars because very often they are used to manipulate people and galvanize support when under normal circumstances most people wouldn't support some action. In the west I noticed we're particularly keen on injecting morality into everything so to present our cause as the righteous one. Like currently you're tying to evoke morality here when literally the same thing is happening in Yemen except there instead of white people being killed its brown sand people with US arms, intelligence support, weapon sales, naval logistical support, etc but I don't hear you criticizing or anyone else trying to apply the same moral argument against that war.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 14 2022 11:47am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2022 11:59am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 14 2022 07:43pm)
The war in Ukraine was caused by NATO expansion AND Russian aggression. Both things can be simultaneously correct. I prefer to leave out the moral dimensions in wars because very often they are used to manipulate people and galvanize support when under normal circumstances most people wouldn't support some action. In the west I noticed we're particularly keen on injecting morality into everything so to present our cause as the righteous one. Like currently you're tying to evoke morality here when literally the same thing is happening in Yemen except there instead of white people being killed its brown sand people with US arms, intelligence support, weapon sales, naval logistical support, etc but I don't hear you criticizing or anyone else trying to apply the same moral argument against that war.

What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely nothing compared to the brutality of the war that has been waged on Yeman for almost a decade now :)
That is all good once you consider the moral dimension of pro-Iran parties controlling the strategic Bab-el-Mandeb strait :)
Mar 14 2022 12:03pm
Quote (Lebanon961 @ Mar 14 2022 01:59pm)
What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely nothing compared to the brutality of the war that has been waged on Yeman for almost a decade now :)
That is all good once you consider the moral dimension of pro-Iran parties controlling the strategic Bab-el-Mandeb strait :)

Both wars are proxy wars with bigger partners with something to gain. To me neither Saudi Arabia nor Iran and the Houthi rebels they're backing morally 'right' in this war. Just like in Ukraine, I don't think neither NATO nor Russia is morally right.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 14 2022 12:11pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 14 2022 03:48pm)

so you admit that your reply made no sense? thanks for playing. also, lol @ NATO being "woke". that's almost as stupid as thinking casus belli means beautiful cause.

First you answer nuh-uh not true not so even when I post sources, NATO summit / EU - Ukraine agreement

And then you go like uhh well I don't support it...

LOL you lost the debate right there, not only that but you also showed everyone here how stupid you are, first denying and then b-b-but I don't support it...

Cya ;)
Gold: 751.50
Mar 14 2022 12:28pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 14 2022 02:34pm)
the little german/prussian/austrian whatever obsessed with race picking fights with everyone again. now where have we seen this before :wacko:

please dont mention that dipshit and glorious prussia in the same post
Gold: 3.33
Mar 14 2022 01:47pm
It is believed this woman works at the news station. Not only will she be sacked, but she will most likely be jailed too. The crime for referring to the 'special operation' as a war is punishable upto 15 years in prison

It takes incredible bravery and personal sacrifice to do this. We should actually be welcoming Russian refugees as well as Ukrainian ones instead of treating ordinary Russians like dirt abroad

This post was edited by dro94 on Mar 14 2022 01:50pm
Gold: 57.00
Mar 14 2022 02:21pm
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 15:47)
It is believed this woman works at the news station. Not only will she be sacked, but she will most likely be jailed too. The crime for referring to the 'special operation' as a war is punishable upto 15 years in prison

It takes incredible bravery and personal sacrifice to do this. We should actually be welcoming Russian refugees as well as Ukrainian ones instead of treating ordinary Russians like dirt abroad

https://imgur.com/7ebjH4r.jpg

agreed here, sadly we have xenophobic miscreants like fender who want to attack random russians because of what happened in 1945
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2022 02:27pm
wouldn't mind USA hyenas who peddled russiagate to be jailed for 15 years
Mar 14 2022 02:27pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 14 2022 03:47pm)

Many people are just generally shitty and times like these society pretty much gives them a pass to be that way. I had lunch a week ago at my cousins house. She's Moldovan, her husband Ukrainian. Their 14 year old daughter (who was born in the US) was telling us how kids at school are calling her Ms.Putin amongst other things. Even after telling them she's not Russian but Ukrainian...

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 14 2022 02:31pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 14 2022 02:30pm
Quote (dro94 @ 14 Mar 2022 19:47)

Translation

"Stop the war! No to war! Stop the war! No to war!" she shouted during her brief interruption of the broadcast.

The sign she carried bore the messages, "Don't believe the propaganda" and "They are lying to you here."

Quote (excellence @ 14 Mar 2022 20:21)
agreed here, sadly we have xenophobic miscreants like fender who want to attack random russians because of what happened in 1945

asperger much
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11691701711721734491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll