d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11671681691701714491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 14 2022 07:06am
Yet again when someone is asked to clarify something in this thread they dodge.

In answer to your latest stream of nonsense - I dont subscribe to your logic that claims women dressing nicely makes rape "inevitable. thats disgusting, can you please take your analogies and failed logic elsewhere. If you dont understand the origins of this latest conflict there are helpful video's strewn about this thread, that if you have not watched yet, you I recommend you watch. I dont even know why I respond to you noting you will simply throw out mindless nonsensical analogies or cry strawman, which is not relevant or worth reading.

your entire point relating to association is complete rubbish.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 14 2022 07:11am
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 14 2022 07:09am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 14 2022 08:06am)

In answer to your latest stream of nonsense - I dont subscribe to your logic that claims women dressing nicely makes rape "inevitable. thats disgusting, can you please take your ideas and logic elsewhere. If you dont understand the origins of this latest conflict there are helpful video's strewn about this thread that if you have not watched you I recommend you watch. I dont even know why I respond to you noting you will simply threw out mindless nonsensical analogies that are not relevant or worth reading.

well said sir

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 14 2022 07:13am
Quote (ferdia @ 14 Mar 2022 14:06)

learn to read:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=92094408&f=119&p=607000705

Quote (ferdia @ 14 Mar 2022 14:06)
In answer to your latest stream of nonsense - I dont subscribe to your logic that claims women dressing nicely makes rape "inevitable. thats disgusting, can you please take your analogies and failed logic elsewhere. If you dont understand the origins of this latest conflict there are helpful video's strewn about this thread, that if you have not watched yet, you I recommend you watch. I dont even know why I respond to you noting you will simply throw out mindless nonsensical analogies or cry strawman, which is not relevant or worth reading.

your entire point relating to association is complete rubbish.

i understand the origins, but unlike you, i'm able to distinguish between actual motivations and the propaganda trying to justify them. that's why i reject your uncritical acceptance of the moronic "inevitability" narrative. it's the same idiotic logic as blaming rape victims. ukraine looking for protection is not only perfectly within their rights, but also a direct consequence of russian aggression. you pretending like it's an unnecessary provocation that makes russia's invasion "inevitable" is nothing but propaganda. context matters. history matters. again, you're putting the cart before the horse in order to rationalise russian war-mongering.

i see someone's still mad they got schooled on political philosophy, lol.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 14 2022 07:22am
Gold: 57.00
Mar 14 2022 07:34am
the little german/prussian/austrian whatever obsessed with race picking fights with everyone again. now where have we seen this before :wacko:
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 14 2022 07:43am
Quote (fender @ Mar 14 2022 01:48pm)
association is not the same as membership. the EU doing something does not mean i support it. let me know if you need other basic stuff explained. this one was quick and easy.

I never said they're already EU members.

Secondly you saying b-b-but I don't support it made my day. EU and NATO and their progressive woke agenda have caused this mess, now you gotta deal with it whether you like it or not.
Mar 14 2022 08:12am
Fender is close minded and is unable to comprehend that difference of opinion is not the same thing as an attack on him. Fender cant separate logic from irrational thought and is too busy being triggered by words to not understand the total meaning of the message. Hence this whole idea of (your unable) " to distinguish between actual motivations and the propaganda trying to justify them. " and "i see someone's still mad they got schooled on political philosophy, lol." I guess it was a strawman argument when I said Russia would invade, before they actually invaded.

Where one's argument is sound I can concede a point but your argument is not sound and you are unable to look at the situation from an unbiased viewpoint. come back after you watched the first 3-4 video's (AFAIK?) that were posted in this thread. I think it was Djunior that posted the most relevant one.

If you want a meaningful conversation why dont YOU tell us WHY YOU BELIEVE why Russia Invaded Ukraine, but I personally am more concerned as to how the conflict will be resolved else how it will escalate.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 14 2022 08:21am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 14 2022 08:48am
that ferdi npc still not understanding how opinion is something different from propaganda just shows how close-minded and brainwashed he is. ferdi can't separate narrative from facts. acknowledging that russia / pootin have been concerned with nato expansion is one thing, buying into the narrative that therefore an invasion is "inevitable" is a whole different thing, and it's dumb.

a reasonable difference of opinion could be had about the seriousness of russia's "concern", if you actually believe they genuinely think nato would ever invade them, or if they simply regard former soviet territory theirs and cite bogus concerns as justification to determine the destiny of those nations, even though they are sovereign nations with every right to apply for nato membership.
just brainlessly regurgitating kremlin rationales and lies and then clutch your pearls about different "oPiNiOnS!!1!" is laughable and deserves to be mocked.

i guess we will just have to accept ferdi cowardly posting his idiotic takes, including the half-assed backtracking when called out for the logical and factual inconsistencies they contain. i guess it's not an easy position when you want to appear at least borderline sane and human by "officially" condemning a military invasion, a full-blown war, thousands of murdered innocent people, unspeakable suffering, countless war crimes... and still try to find ways to blame the victims / other parties than the perpetrators at least partly for why that is happening.

Quote (Djunior @ 14 Mar 2022 14:43)

Secondly you saying b-b-but I don't support it made my day. EU and NATO and their progressive woke agenda have caused this mess, now you gotta deal with it whether you like it or not.

so you admit that your reply made no sense? thanks for playing. also, lol @ NATO being "woke". that's almost as stupid as thinking casus belli means beautiful cause.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 14 2022 08:52am
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 14 2022 09:05am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 14 2022 09:43am)

This sort of thinking reminds me of people who argued that America's presence in the Middle East was the reason for Islamic terrorism, as if the moral blame lied with the United States.

Sure, Russia would like it if countries close to it were simply vassal states, and when the West signals a willingness to forge a closer relationship with these countries, Russia can lash out.

But at the end of the day, the responsibility of 9/11, the war in Georgia, or the war in Ukraine lies with those who commit acts of aggression and violence. And even if I were to accept the premise, that Russia's acts of aggression are the result of the West's openness to accept Ukraine and Georgia into the EU/NATO, my response would be, so what? It doesn't necessarily follow that that means we shouldn't have taken those positions, just as the motivation of Bin Laden doesn't necessarily mean the US should've never had a presence in the Middle East.

Gold: 15,205.00
Mar 14 2022 09:19am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 14 2022 11:05am)
This sort of thinking reminds me of people who argued that America's presence in the Middle East was the reason for Islamic terrorism, as if the moral blame lied with the United States.

Sure, Russia would like it if countries close to it were simply vassal states, and when the West signals a willingness to forge a closer relationship with these countries, Russia can lash out.

But at the end of the day, the responsibility of 9/11, the war in Georgia, or the war in Ukraine lies with those who commit acts of aggression and violence. And even if I were to accept the premise, that Russia's acts of aggression are the result of the West's openness to accept Ukraine and Georgia into the EU/NATO, my response would be, so what? It doesn't necessarily follow that that means we shouldn't have taken those positions, just as the motivation of Bin Laden doesn't necessarily mean the US should've never had a presence in the Middle East.

That's an over simplified world view of reality. Actions have consequences, and only looking at the consequences will give you a limited understanding of why things are the way they are. It's like saying it doesn't matter that the Germans were treated harshly after WW1 during the Treaty of Versailles, and that has nothing to do with the German economic conditions that led to Hitler's rise, all it matters that in that specific moment Germans were bad.

You realize that much of ISIS is Baath party loyalists/forces that banded together after we toppled Saddam? So our intervention in Iraq directly led to the groundswell which was ISIS. Like these aren't conspiracy theories, they're historical realities.

The same with the Taliban in Afghanistan and many other places.

https://english.alarabiya.net/perspective/analysis/2015/08/21/Where-is-Iraq-s-Baath-party-today-

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 14 2022 09:20am
Mar 14 2022 09:21am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 14 2022 03:05pm)

That post is quite deep and I hesitate to respond to it noting it touches on several issues created by America or the International community over the last 80 years. i.e. Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran etc etc. Ultimately America has pursued its America First policy overseas (crude I know but some minds might understand my meaning) but that this has had at times side effects which have been or are troublesome. I accept that this will not change how America treats those countries that it does not get on well with. I mean, its not hard to see why 9/11 did not occur in, say, Canada, or Switzerland.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 14 2022 03:19pm)
That's an over simplified world view of reality. Actions have consequences, and only looking at the consequences will give you a limited understanding of why things are the way they are. It's like saying it doesn't matter that the Germans were treated harshly after WW1 during the Treaty of Versailles, and that has nothing to do with the German economic conditions that led to Hitler's rise, all it matters that in that specific moment Germans were bad.

agree with all of that but again I would not use WW2 as an example noting people get triggered when using that example (I accept its a valid point you made and I do agree with you though). I tend to abide by Godwins Law by not referring to that period. I also refrain from talking about Israel noting conversations blow up with regards to either of those topic's.

I dont know enough about ISIS which is why I cut the quote short.
=================================================
I cannot fathom how Ukraine and Russia can have positive talks right now. I just dont see how either side can agree with the other to enable a ceasefire scenario.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 14 2022 09:33am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11671681691701714491Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll