d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11451461471481494493Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 88.00
Mar 11 2022 02:02am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 10 2022 04:12am)
A fine role model of American Capitalism : Dont care about anyone unless they pay you. btw if America adopted such a strategy they would become isolationist, enabling Russia and China etc to do w/e they wanted. While you might not care about that there are alot of places in the world, that do care and do welcome American aid.

Wow, now I care.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Mar 11 2022 03:12am
there it go. we have a real life problem and ppl start sharimg theire uneducated minds about the ww2 ignoring the reality lmao kids
its only disgusting what kind of ppl are posting in here.
war is such a nice thing

This post was edited by Frosch01 on Mar 11 2022 03:13am
Banned
Mar 11 2022 03:21am
Quote (fender @ 11 Mar 2022 00:08)
as a fellow student of history i'm sure you're aware that soviet leadership incompetence and disregard for life extended well beyond stalin's infamous order #270. i'm referring to internal plotting and intrigues within the generals, severe command structure and communication flaws, reckless and ultimately costly operations for marginal (symbolic) gain, literally throwing men into the meat grinder...

again, this is not to say that the red army was entirely ineffective and incompetent throughout the whole war, or anything along those lines. no, they had some fantastic military equipment at their disposal, generally brave troops, and some outright brilliant military minds (marshal zhukov for example, a true genius) - i'm just saying that their blood toll was significantly higher than it could have been with better leadership.

what a laugh u are claiming beeing what....
human history onky took place 1933-1945

while you are sharing classic infotainment crap from private tv stations.
so hillarious.
what a troll u are
Gold: 27,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 11 2022 03:40am
Its normal for people to go off topic. but the topic itself has changed from "Russia will invade" to "What is going to happen next". There are sub topic's re: Russia's capabilities and the usual flag waving, conspiracy theories and propaganda which is normal not least because you are conversing with a variety of maturity, on a computer gaming platform. ultimately nothing said here is relevant to change the situation, but the topic itself is relevant noting it will effect everyones lives in some way shape or form (whether they can comprehend that is irrelevant).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2022 03:46am
Warn: 30%
Mar 11 2022 04:18am
Quote (Frosch01 @ 11 Mar 2022 10:21)
what a laugh u are claiming beeing what....
human history onky took place 1933-1945

while you are sharing classic infotainment crap from private tv stations.
so hillarious.
what a troll u are

what are you even on about, you random weirdo? i'm not just puzzled by your broken english, but even more so by that pitiful attempt at reasoning. just because this (admittedly off topic) post concerns wwII, you conclude that i think it's the only history that ever happened (conveniently ignoring 99.9% of my posts, including those in this very thread)?! how does that even remotely make sense to you?

anyway, i'm intrigued, whose multi are you? you picked a german name, but your "english" looks more like that of a romance language native speaker, or someone trying to imitate that. are you that weird frenchy who spammed this sub with their absurd self-made 'info-graphics' containing random philosophy / moral theory / politics quotes out of context? if so, i applaud your choice of username - very funny.
Mar 11 2022 04:43am
Its normal for alot of people not to declare where they are from or who they are. Anonymity liberates users to discuss things openly where otherwise they may be reluctant to do so. This is both good and bad. Ultimately if someone refuses to answer questions or declare their details there is nothing you can do about it. The topic has been quite tame (thankfully), lets try to keep it that way.

staying on topic ~

Another headline: Reuters: Facebook allows Ukraine war posts urging violence against invading Russians. | The problem with such a move is that it is a slippery slope from allowing hate speech against certain Russians to allowing hate speech against all Russians. At this point pandora's box is well and truly open with escalation, in all shapes and forms, guaranteed now. i.e. after hate speech comes fear and action, across the globe against russians (both baddies and those that actually left Russia to get away from Putin but are now being punished / attacked just because of where they were born).

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2022 04:59am
Mar 11 2022 05:15am
Quote (ferdia @ 11 Mar 2022 11:43)
Its normal for alot of people not to declare where they are from or who they are. Anonymity liberates users to discuss things openly where otherwise they may be reluctant to do so. This is both good and bad. Ultimately if someone refuses to answer questions or declare their details there is nothing you can do about it. The topic has been quite tame (thankfully), lets try to keep it that way.

staying on topic ~

Another headline: Reuters: Facebook allows Ukraine war posts urging violence against invading Russians. | The problem with such a move is that it is a slippery slope from allowing hate speech against certain Russians to allowing hate speech against all Russians. At this point pandora's box is well and truly open with escalation, in all shapes and forms, guaranteed now. i.e. after hate speech comes fear and action, across the globe against russians (both baddies and those that actually left Russia to get away from Putin but are now being punished / attacked just because of where they were born).

from the actual article ( https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/exclusive-facebook-instagram-temporarily-allow-calls-violence-against-russians-2022-03-10/ ):

"We still won't allow credible calls for violence against Russian civilians"

it's also a regionally restricted (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and Ukraine) temporary policy.

now it's obviously perfectly legitimate to oppose this move, but don't give me that exaggerated alarmist slippery slope bs.
Mar 11 2022 05:29am
If you dont see attacks on russians outside of russia being inevitable, then thats on you, not me. supporting hate speech in any way IS a precursor to hate crimes. i will make a point of referencing such events as they WILL OCCUR around the world, over the next few months and is more likely to occur then Russia invading Ukraine. But wait, Russia DID INVADE.

=================
Here some examples, the "start" :

Washington Post - LONDON — Russian chef Alexei Zimin is donating part of his London restaurant’s revenue to support Red Cross work with Ukrainian refugees. He has been singing songs by a Russian dissident poet on Instagram, posting messages such as: “Stop the war. Withdraw troops. Bring our soldiers home.” He knows that in speaking out this way, he may never be able to return to Russia, where he has been credited with leading a gastronomic revolution and owns two more restaurants. And yet angry messages are filling his restaurant’s voice-mail inbox. “Russians are killers,” one declared. “You’re Putin’s Russians,” another accused.

Zimin, 50, is among those who have been hit by a sudden and rapidly rising tide of anti-Russian sentiment in Europe. While governments have moved to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin and sanction oligarchs, while societies have been calling for cultural figures — from hockey stars to opera singers — to denounce the war, Russian expats who have never had sympathy for Putin and who are horrified by what’s happening in Ukraine say they are facing a wave of generalized hostility.

“Across Europe, people who have no involvement with the war are being targeted and removed from positions,” said Aleksandra Lewicki, a sociologist at the University of Sussex. “There’s a sense of a clear enemy, it’s Russians, from all walks of life, who are being targeted by racist hate crimes and derogatory comments.”

Lumping all Russians together was a predictable “knee jerk reaction,” Lewicki said. In the Western European imagination, the East has long been inferior, she said. “Often these things are dormant, but then things happen like this crisis moment, and then people start instantly acting on these impulses.”

==========
it took me less then 5 minutes to find that.

here is another one:

Today, Prime Minister Petr Fiala (ODS) condemned the attacks on Russian citizens and especially children living in the Czech Republic on the show Terezie Tománková on CNN Prima News.

and another one

Toronto police are investigating a suspected hate crime after vehicles with Russian flags were damaged at a movie theatre parking lot in Etobicoke. Police said the incident happened Saturday evening in the parking lot of Cineplex in the area of The Queensway and Islington Avenue. Two males allegedly used sledgehammers to damage several parked vehicles that had Russian flags displayed in the windshields.

and another one

Police investigate reports of hate speech targeting the Russian-Calgarian community

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 11 2022 05:43am
Gold: 751.50
Mar 11 2022 05:39am
the exact same people who wonder how the hate campaign against jews could have worked are now spreading hate against completely innocent and regular russian people

time is a flat circle
Mar 11 2022 06:19am
Quote (ferdia @ 11 Mar 2022 12:29)
If you dont see attacks on russians outside of russia being inevitable, then thats on you, not me. supporting hate speech in any way IS a precursor to hate crimes. i will make a point of referencing such events as they WILL OCCUR around the world, over the next few months and is more likely to occur then Russia invading Ukraine. But wait, Russia DID INVADE.

=================
Here some examples, the "start" :

Washington Post - LONDON — Russian chef Alexei Zimin is donating part of his London restaurant’s revenue to support Red Cross work with Ukrainian refugees. He has been singing songs by a Russian dissident poet on Instagram, posting messages such as: “Stop the war. Withdraw troops. Bring our soldiers home.” He knows that in speaking out this way, he may never be able to return to Russia, where he has been credited with leading a gastronomic revolution and owns two more restaurants. And yet angry messages are filling his restaurant’s voice-mail inbox. “Russians are killers,” one declared. “You’re Putin’s Russians,” another accused.

Zimin, 50, is among those who have been hit by a sudden and rapidly rising tide of anti-Russian sentiment in Europe. While governments have moved to punish Russian President Vladimir Putin and sanction oligarchs, while societies have been calling for cultural figures — from hockey stars to opera singers — to denounce the war, Russian expats who have never had sympathy for Putin and who are horrified by what’s happening in Ukraine say they are facing a wave of generalized hostility.

“Across Europe, people who have no involvement with the war are being targeted and removed from positions,” said Aleksandra Lewicki, a sociologist at the University of Sussex. “There’s a sense of a clear enemy, it’s Russians, from all walks of life, who are being targeted by racist hate crimes and derogatory comments.”

Lumping all Russians together was a predictable “knee jerk reaction,” Lewicki said. In the Western European imagination, the East has long been inferior, she said. “Often these things are dormant, but then things happen like this crisis moment, and then people start instantly acting on these impulses.”

==========
it took me less then 5 minutes to find that.

here is another one:

Today, Prime Minister Petr Fiala (ODS) condemned the attacks on Russian citizens and especially children living in the Czech Republic on the show Terezie Tománková on CNN Prima News.

and another one

Toronto police are investigating a suspected hate crime after vehicles with Russian flags were damaged at a movie theatre parking lot in Etobicoke. Police said the incident happened Saturday evening in the parking lot of Cineplex in the area of The Queensway and Islington Avenue. Two males allegedly used sledgehammers to damage several parked vehicles that had Russian flags displayed in the windshields.

and another one

Police investigate reports of hate speech targeting the Russian-Calgarian community

you're strawmanning hard though. i never suggested those things wouldn't or didn't happen - actually, your own example illustrates my point: the already existing, misguided anger and hatred towards innocent russians, who actually oppose putin's invasion and war crimes, has literally nothing to do with that temporary and regionally restricted facebook policy change. those morons spamming random innocent russians with threats and insults aren't even remotely affected by it.

believe me, i really hate "defending" that shitty company. the world would undoubtedly be a better place without it, and i couldn't care less about their image or their products - but i simply don't buy into the moronic narrative that eastern europeans being able to temporarily voice their frustration with murderous dictators and war criminals online, is somehow CAUSING the inability of western morons and bigots to distinguish between putin supporters / oligarchs and random innocent russians. it's simply a dumb talking point. do you think japanese internment camps only happened because hawaiians weren't censored from wishing death upon admiral yamamoto and emperor hirohito?

just to re-iterate: i think it's perfectly valid to oppose the move, i'm personally open to arguments for either side - i just find your framing pretty asinine and alarmist - even more so after you tried to support it with examples that have literally nothing to do with the decision in question.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 11 2022 06:27am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11451461471481494493Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll