d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11401411421431444494Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 751.50
Mar 9 2022 09:24pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 10 2022 02:23am)
I'm sorry I meant 20k foreign soldiers fighting for Ukraine in Crimea. About 2k are American.

Dude I'm a veteran I'm pro gun I'm pro self-defense and I've never claimed to be a pacifist. Social justice is achieved by democracy, is a result of such.

I've been in dozens of fights in my life and am in physical conflicts pretty often. I got the shit beat out of me two weeks ago giving a guy a court ordered antipsychotic injection called Invega Sustenna, pulled my shoulder really bad, it hurts like hell, same shoulder a different patient (19F lol) mule kicked me in three or four years ago and now that I'm in my 40's I don't bounce back bro.

But I'm definitely the most violent dude on here but I'm a very peaceful person. You guys are thoroughly domesticated :) But I'm going to need a new job soon. I won't be able to get into physical conflicts in my 50s. Something is seriously going to blow out, for example my right foot sucks right now and I'm limping around lol.

Truth be told, anybody living peacefully in a democracy is doing so because someone blew someone else's brains out for democracy. Nothing happens because people decide to wake up and play nice. This and social justice come from the same place, as democracy is an expression of social justice.

alright, got you, those are the numbers i heard as well

some people have this special talent to always be where the trouble is :rofl: you are definitely one of them

my dad is a cop and has it as well

if only we had more actual democracy, because dumbass, corrupt politicians doing whatever they want for a few years and/or such people put in place by other powers does not qualify as democracy in my book

in a democracy the state serves the people and not the other way around
Gold: 14,945.00
Mar 9 2022 09:51pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 9 2022 06:39pm)
The economic carrot is mostly coming from EU membership, not NATO. Now, look at Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary, who all joined NATO long before the EU (99 vs 04). These countries happen to have a strong national indentity and suffered particularly under Soviet/Russian rule.

Regarding Finland and Sweden: they have geography on their side. If Russia were to divert military resources to these two countries, they couldn't possibly apply pressure toward Central and Western Europe at the same time, which is just a much bigger prize. Also, the Baltics, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Romania experienced first-hand what it's like to live under Russian rule. Apparently, they all agreed that it suuuucks and that they would rather lick American and German boots than to risk going back to Russia.

The pretext for the annexation of Crimea was easy, sure. But the pretext for inciting a civil war in Eastern Ukraine was far less trivial, yet the Russian propaganda was able to convince most people in the West that there was good reason for their actions and that both sides share some degree of blame. This is a big part of the reason why the Western reaction was so tepid back then. This time around, they didn't even try to lay out some rationale for their invasion. They could have been telling the world for months that "dangerous fascists" are in power in Kyiv who are planning to acquire WMDs or preparing genocide in Eastern Ukraine. Instead, they only started disseminating these narratives while their own tanks were already rolling...

Do you really think the Czech republic felt threatened by a shell remnant of what was the USSR which was Russia in 1999? They don't even share a border with them. At that time Russia, like most of eastern Europe was a complete dumpster fire. They were not a threat. Maybe Poland was threatened because of historical realities and how much they've suffered under the Bolsheviks but it's difficult for me to believe than in the late 90s Hungary and Czech republic joined because they were threated by Russia. What's more plausable is the level of investment they saw enticed them to join imo.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 9 2022 09:54pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 10 2022 12:06am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 10 Mar 2022 04:51)
Do you really think the Czech republic felt threatened by a shell remnant of what was the USSR which was Russia in 1999? They don't even share a border with them. At that time Russia, like most of eastern Europe was a complete dumpster fire. They were not a threat. Maybe Poland was threatened because of historical realities and how much they've suffered under the Bolsheviks but it's difficult for me to believe than in the late 90s Hungary and Czech republic joined because they were threated by Russia. What's more plausable is the level of investment they saw enticed them to join imo.

Since they joined NATO in 99, the process must have begun a couple of years earlier, say 96 or so. Also note that there was a failed coup d'etat in Moscow in 91 in which military hardliners who were against Gorbachov's reforms almost succeeded at ousting him.
The most plausible explanation for the desire of Czechia and Hungary to join NATO asap is that they saw this step as an insurance policy that made their alignment with the West irreversible. And these countries, unlike the Baltics, are big enough that the prospect of a couple of US military bases doesn't have a large impact on their overall economies.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 10 2022 12:07am
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2022 04:04am
Quote (Lvivz @ 9 Mar 2022 19:08)
Your mother must of sent you down the stairs quite a few times as a baby, you are just plain retarded.
Go drown in a toilet dumbass

keep laughing about them rubbish ussr tech( like u claim)but they killing ukraine ppl like with with theire russbish crappy ussr tech ... they taking your country with that crappy ussr weapons.
they did win the war over u with that tech . and yet it is still crappy and making fun out of russian soldier who just shot couple of ukraine is funny . really

. yeah keep talking nonsense and be a war handler a bad internet troll.
dude u are the offender

Quote (D_urRRR @ 9 Mar 2022 15:25)
The irony in everything you said, just wow.

well from a trump supporter i take this a comliment thx.

Quote (Lvivz @ 9 Mar 2022 19:06)
Quote (Frosch01 @ Mar 9 2022 12:14pm)
i just tracked down your IP . if u once more claim to be an ukraine i will make that ip public.

lol you are retarded russian idiot
go fuck yourself boris

read my username kid and comeback to e

This post was edited by Frosch01 on Mar 10 2022 04:07am
Gold: 88.00
Mar 10 2022 04:12am
All I gotta say is I don't give a fuck about Ukraine. I also don't give a fuck about any other country involved with NATO that hasn't paid their agreed GDP. Fuck Russia, Fuck Ukraine. Why the fuck should Americans care about this bullshit.

Half the crap coming from Ukraine is propaganda anyways, just like from Russia.

USA needs to leave NATO and become a hired gun. You want our protection, FINE. Pay us upfront or get fucked. /End

This post was edited by UmadLoL on Mar 10 2022 04:14am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 10 2022 04:22am
Quote (UmadLoL @ Mar 10 2022 12:12pm)
All I gotta say is I don't give a fuck about Ukraine. I also don't give a fuck about any other country involved with NATO that hasn't paid their agreed GDP. Fuck Russia, Fuck Ukraine. Why the fuck should Americans care about this bullshit.

USA needs to leave NATO and become a hired gun. You want our protection, FINE. Pay us upfront or get fucked. /End

You mad lol?
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 10 2022 04:38am
Quote (Frosch01 @ Mar 10 2022 04:04am)
keep laughing about them rubbish ussr tech( like u claim)but they killing ukraine ppl like with with theire russbish crappy ussr tech ... they taking your country with that crappy ussr weapons.
they did win the war over u with that tech . and yet it is still crappy and making fun out of russian soldier who just shot couple of ukraine is funny . really

. yeah keep talking nonsense and be a war handler a bad internet troll.
dude u are the offender

The Ukrainians are equipped with mostly the same tech, except it's more likely to have been maintained, and that it's augmented with NATO weapons.
Gold: 155.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 10 2022 05:02am
Gold: 88.00
Mar 10 2022 05:32am
Quote (Lvivz @ Mar 10 2022 02:22am)
You mad lol?

Yes.
Gold: 30,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 10 2022 06:12am
Quote (UmadLoL @ Mar 10 2022 10:12am)

A fine role model of American Capitalism : Dont care about anyone unless they pay you. btw if America adopted such a strategy they would become isolationist, enabling Russia and China etc to do w/e they wanted. While you might not care about that there are alot of places in the world, that do care and do welcome American aid.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 10 2022 06:23am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11401411421431444494Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll