d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11301311321331344495Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2022 04:27pm
I think Putin has cancer or something similar. He has been making incremental and tactical gains in a calculated way for twenty years as a sovereign and is doing something so out of his character I think he was given a terminal diagnosis, which is why he looks so bad. He looks so inflamed in any of his pics lately, and that is even under a small animal's worth of makeup.

He doesn't look like a healthy person right now.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 8 2022 04:27pm
Gold: 1,978.00
Mar 8 2022 05:02pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Mar 8 2022 10:59am)
Well don't come from a shithole country you wont get weird looks.
If they don't like it they can leave.

You're serious, aren't you? People that, to you, were perfectly acceptable immigrants a week ago... now you want them to leave?

I would ask you to realize you are literally programmed to change your mind at a whim based on what the cathedral wants you to think, but that would be asking for a modicum of self-awareness, bit of a catch 22.

This post was edited by Nibthebarb on Mar 8 2022 05:02pm
Gold: 14,945.00
Mar 8 2022 05:40pm
Relevant, especially in the context of oil prices.

>But the president has no impact on oil price hurr durr

The White House unsuccessfully tried to arrange calls between President Biden and the de facto leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as the U.S. was working to build international support for Ukraine and contain a surge in oil prices, said Middle East and U.S. officials.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the U.A.E.’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan both declined U.S. requests to speak to Mr. Biden in recent weeks, the officials said, as Saudi and Emirati officials have become more vocal in recent weeks in their criticism of American policy in the Gulf.

“There was some expectation of a phone call, but it didn’t happen,“ said a U.S. official of the planned discussion between the Saudi Prince Mohammed and Mr. Biden. ”It was part of turning on the spigot [of Saudi oil].”

Mr. Biden did speak with Prince Mohammed’s 86-year-old father, King Salman, on Feb. 9, when the two men reiterated their countries’ longstanding partnership. The U.A.E.’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the call between Mr. Biden and Sheikh Mohammed would be rescheduled.

The Saudis have signaled that their relationship with Washington has deteriorated under the Biden administration, and they want more support for their intervention in Yemen’s civil war, help with their own civilian nuclear program as Iran’s moves ahead, and legal immunity for Prince Mohammed in the U.S., Saudi officials said. The crown prince faces multiple lawsuits in the U.S., including over the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-emirati-leaders-decline-calls-with-biden-during-ukraine-crisis-11646779430

Also explains why the Russians are threatening the Iran Nuclear deal. Geopolitical alignment is very fluid in the ME right now.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-says-wont-back-iran-nuke-deal-without-us-guarantees-over-ukraine-sanctions/

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 8 2022 05:41pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 8 2022 06:03pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 9 Mar 2022 00:40)
Relevant, especially in the context of oil prices.

>But the president has no impact on oil price hurr durr

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-emirati-leaders-decline-calls-with-biden-during-ukraine-crisis-11646779430

Also explains why the Russians are threatening the Iran Nuclear deal. Geopolitical alignment is very fluid in the ME right now.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-says-wont-back-iran-nuke-deal-without-us-guarantees-over-ukraine-sanctions/

Really didn't take long for Biden to squander the remarkable geostrategic progress Trump had made in the Middle East. As Obama once said: "never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up".

Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 8 2022 06:22pm
Quote (Skinned @ 8 Mar 2022 23:27)
I think Putin has cancer or something similar. He has been making incremental and tactical gains in a calculated way for twenty years as a sovereign and is doing something so out of his character I think he was given a terminal diagnosis, which is why he looks so bad. He looks so inflamed in any of his pics lately, and that is even under a small animal's worth of makeup.

He doesn't look like a healthy person right now.

Believe me or not, I've been having similar thoughts over the past two weeks. Putin's reputation was built on the fact that he always seemed to think one step ahead, always have an ace up his sleeve, constantly take meticulously calculated risks and be successful with it.

This recent episode, however, is so uncharacteristic. There is no concrete action or recent event that justifies this invasion. When he annexed Crimea and created a frozen conflict in Eastern Ukraine, he had already achieved the vast majority of his geostrategic goals in Ukraine. Both operations were carefully planned and executed flawlessly. There was a clear rationale behind his actions - even if they violated international law and couldn't be condoned by the West, every savvy realpolitician understood why he did that.

Fast forward to two weeks ago: Putin either badly miscalculated and thought that the threats of economic sanctions were just a bluff, or he thought they were coming and just didn't care. Either way, it's a bad blunder. Then we have this weird situation where the Russian army seems to have thought that they could just waltz into every Ukrainian city without resistance, or that the resistance would be so weak they could easily blitzkrieg their way to victory within a few days. Once this didn't pan out (blunder #2), it became clear that the logistics of war were not working (blunder #3). And to add insult to injury, the Russians were preparing for Western sanctions for years by having the Russian central bank amass huge reserves of foreign currency with which they could shield their economy from sanctions - only to leave the big majority of these foreign currency reserves lying around at Western banks who froze them as soon as the sanctions went into effect. (Blunder #4, and a HUUUUUGE one.)

And now they're openly threatening to go nuclear, both literally and economically (by musing about cutting off gas shipment), a card they can only play once and that will forever doom their economy. Hell, even just insinuating that they might break the contracts and cut off the gas is already undermining Western trust in its ability to rely on Russian gas.

Russia's/Putin's action of the past few weeks are full of strategic miscalculations, bad planning and botched execution. It's very uncharacteristic; which is also why I didn't believe in this invasion until the moment it actually happened. It just doesn't make sense. The only explanations I can come up with are that Putin either started losing his grip on reality... or that he's seriously ill and is willing to leave scorched earth in a desperate bid to secure his legacy as the person who reversed the, in his own words, "catastrophe of the dissolution of the Soviet Union". And yes, he does indeed look bloated and visibly aged. Russian-speaking reports also say that his recent public speeches were a lot less coherent, eloquent and sharp than the ones he used to give up until two years ago.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 8 2022 06:27pm
Gold: 96,293.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2022 06:49pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 8 2022 07:22pm)
Believe me or not, I've been having similar thoughts over the past two weeks. Putin's reputation was built on the fact that he always seemed to think one step ahead, always have an ace up his sleeve, constantly take meticulously calculated risks and be successful with it.

This recent episode, however, is so uncharacteristic. There is no concrete action or recent event that justifies this invasion. When he annexed Crimea and created a frozen conflict in Eastern Ukraine, he had already achieved the vast majority of his geostrategic goals in Ukraine. Both operations were carefully planned and executed flawlessly. There was a clear rationale behind his actions - even if they violated international law and couldn't be condoned by the West, every savvy realpolitician understood why he did that.

Fast forward to two weeks ago: Putin either badly miscalculated and thought that the threats of economic sanctions were just a bluff, or he thought they were coming and just didn't care. Either way, it's a bad blunder. Then we have this weird situation where the Russian army seems to have thought that they could just waltz into every Ukrainian city without resistance, or that the resistance would be so weak they could easily blitzkrieg their way to victory within a few days. Once this didn't pan out (blunder #2), it became clear that the logistics of war were not working (blunder #3). And to add insult to injury, the Russians were preparing for Western sanctions for years by having the Russian central bank amass huge reserves of foreign currency with which they could shield their economy from sanctions - only to leave the big majority of these foreign currency reserves lying around at Western banks who froze them as soon as the sanctions went into effect. (Blunder #4, and a HUUUUUGE one.)

And now they're openly threatening to go nuclear, both literally and economically (by musing about cutting off gas shipment), a card they can only play once and that will forever doom their economy. Hell, even just insinuating that they might break the contracts and cut off the gas is already undermining Western trust in its ability to rely on Russian gas.

Russia's/Putin's action of the past few weeks are full of strategic miscalculations, bad planning and botched execution. It's very uncharacteristic; which is also why I didn't believe in this invasion until the moment it actually happened. It just doesn't make sense. The only explanations I can come up with are that Putin either started losing his grip on reality... or that he's seriously ill and is willing to leave scorched earth in a desperate bid to secure his legacy as the person who reversed the, in his own words, "catastrophe of the dissolution of the Soviet Union". And yes, he does indeed look bloated and visibly aged. Russian-speaking reports also say that his recent public speeches were a lot less coherent, eloquent and sharp than the ones he used to give up until two years ago.

The United States will 100% take this to a nuclear war which they will lose completely, the writing is on the wall here.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 8 2022 06:54pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 06:49pm)
The United States will 100% take this to a nuclear war which they will lose completely, the writing is on the wall here.

and other delusions being peddled by paid shills
Gold: 1,453.85
Mar 8 2022 07:00pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ Mar 8 2022 04:54pm)
and other delusions being peddled by paid shills

Do you concede that I have shut you up completely?
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2022 07:44pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 8 2022 08:00pm)
Do you concede that I have shut you up completely?

No nobody gives a fuck about a multi
Gold: 1,453.85
Mar 8 2022 07:44pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 8 2022 05:44pm)
No nobody gives a fuck about a multi

Lol I cannot believe your outburst.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11301311321331344495Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll