d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11291301311321334496Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 96,293.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2022 03:06pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 03:51pm)
for the justification to be valid there need to be motive to match.

That is a strawman argument, you can't say well fuck the people of Eastern Ukraine because the west does not care about the killings, and Russia does.

Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 03:51pm)

it would be helping NK if any of those resources helped the actual people, instead the Kims have used it to develop weapons, and give just enough to industry to maintain a delusion of grandeur in the capital whilst the main population experiences manmade famine. but hey at least the death camps have power when the grid isnt in a brownout.

Providing things like electricity to the public are not good things, farming in what little ands are arable are not a good thing?
Most of north Korea is still small villages, people living off the land much like china was 40-50 years ago.
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 8 2022 03:10pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 04:06pm)
That is a strawman argument, you can't say well fuck the people of Eastern Ukraine because the west does not care about the killings, and Russia does.

Providing things like electricity to the public are not good things, farming in what little ands are arable are not a good thing?
Most of north Korea is still small villages, people living off the land much like china was 40-50 years ago.

im strawmanning myself? im the one making that argument, that in order for his pretense for war to be valid he needs to actually care about the people being shelled in Eastern Ukraine.

electricity isn't "provided to the public", its staunchly held to govt buildings even in the capital. the rest of the nation gets almost none. most of North Korea is like that by design, not happenstance. oil and natual gas have allowed the Kims to maintain control and develop weapons to stave off invasion while preventing domestic uprisings. tbh im not sure you have a good view on what the North Korean situation truly is. the only reason North Korea lags behind it's neighbors is because the resources are hoarded by the same regime Putin and China prop up, for greed and to prevent refugees moving into their country and nothing more.

Quote (darkhead69 @ Mar 8 2022 04:02pm)
those poor eastern ukrainians speak russia, at one point they were part of russia, what are you talking about , some of them actually fled to Russia during all of this

the idea that Russian Oligarchs care about Russian people is laughable.
Mar 8 2022 03:13pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 04:10pm)
im strawmanning myself?

Yes , You misrepresented your opinion of motive, for the given justification.
Thats a strawman argument.

Gold: 105.00
Mar 8 2022 03:21pm
Quote (dro94 @ Mar 8 2022 09:53pm)
Ukraine don't have anywhere near enough jets to dogfight, I'd wager they'll be focusing on destroying fuel trucks as the planes they're getting are capable at precision munitions

No but they will get more and more and eventually the polish got involved man are they afraid, since most nazis fled to poland. Nato is really riding the
War wheel this time towards east. Lets hope we all will survive the nuclear fallout to witness Diablo 4.
Mar 8 2022 03:26pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 04:13pm)
Yes , You misrepresented your opinion of motive, for the given justification.
Thats a strawman argument.

My opinion = backed by hundreds of years of Russian history

your opinion = putin's word
Mar 8 2022 03:29pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 04:26pm)
My opinion = backed by hundreds of years of Russian history

More strawman argument, misrepresenting the facts I laid out as hearing it from Putin instead of being alive when it happened.
Surprised you haven't started name calling yet.
Mar 8 2022 03:31pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 04:29pm)
More strawman argument, misrepresenting the facts I laid out as hearing it from Putin instead of being alive when it happened.
Surprised you haven't started name calling yet.

perhaps you're confused, idk. do you think im suggesting ethnic russians havent been targeted in Eastern Ukraine?

you just started saying strawman as if it's an Uno reverse card. why would i bother to call someone so lazy names?
Mar 8 2022 03:40pm

Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 04:31pm)
perhaps you're confused, idk. do you think im suggesting ethnic russians havent been targeted in Eastern Ukraine?

you just started saying strawman as if it's an Uno reverse card. why would i bother to call someone so lazy names?

Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 8 2022 04:26pm)

Paraphrasing my expressed "opinion" as all hearsay from Putin's mouth is as good as calling me a Dirty Russian.
That's why
Mar 8 2022 03:49pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 04:40pm)
Paraphrasing my expressed "opinion" as all hearsay from Putin's mouth is as good as calling me a Dirty Russian.
That's why

Quote (PapaPsych @ Mar 8 2022 03:09pm)
Just a side not it appears, we got state deparment documents on the subject, china, russia have levied the accusation.
I think the Russian pretext for invasion of Ukraine is valid, Certainly more valid by many magnitudes than the U.S. invasions and bombings of civilian centers.

Pretext presented was the Ukrainian Governments ethnic cleansing of ethnic Russian citizens of Ukraine, for the last 8 years in large part by verified Neo-Nazi regiments of the Ukranian National guard.
UN reports concluded that political opponents of the new pro wester regime did not start the civil war in eastern Ukraine, and if you had paid attention at the time the new government began shelling and bombing civilian centers in the east immediately after the U.S. State Department Coup in 2014.
Western values of Ukraines government include regularly jails, and kills political opponents dissidents and journalists, with the same intimidates Political opponents, journalists, and dissidents.
Ukranian Nationalist have a history of ethnic cleansing some 100,000 Polish people in what was the pre war boundaries of Poland, their method of doing so was having armed forces surround the victims and having the Ukranian Peasants torture the polish in the most gruesome manners.
Most of the victims of this ethnic cleansing were polish Women and Children, even infants were cut up alive, bashed against trees, burned alive, disemboweled.

So I don't see how Russias pretext for invasion does not hold water, even if it was just a advantageous reaction to prodding by the Unites States of offering membership into Nato and all the things that come with it.
Subsidized Military, offernsive missiles placed on the boarder of Russia, Guarantees that they could continue ethnic cleansing without interference by Russia, or big daddy United States would send its forces.

I 100% guarantee our stupid political class will push this to a nuclear exchange, and their are many dumb Americans who believe the United States can intercept Nuclear Missiles.
Development of Missiles that could intercept ICBM's were developed in the 1980's and United States discontinued their development per Arms Control and Disarmament Treaties with the former Soviet Union.
These missiles got within range of an ICBM then detonated a neutron bomb burning up the fissile material of the Nuclear Weapons.
The Soviet Union and Russia were never bound to the treaties we followed and have developed these working defense systems, while the United States Disarmed itself for feel good lefty bullshit.
Don't expect much of a U.S. response to being nuked in the future.

You said it directly, Putin's pretext is the genocide in eastern Ukraine.

then said it holds water in the same post.

which i directly responded to.

then u started spouting sTrAwMaN
Gold: 0.70
Mar 8 2022 04:24pm
The Ukrainian nazi paramilitary groups started sprouting up as a reaction to the separatist groups only after russia annexed crimea. This is just another power grab so he could impose a second puppet government in the Ukraine. He's been eyeing the former soviet block states for ages because he wants to be the big hero who restored the former glory of russia or whatever.

Unfortunately for us he seems to give one less of a shit with each passing day and what i mean by that there will be more machiavellian tactics to come.

This post was edited by rawwwrr on Mar 8 2022 04:37pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11291301311321334496Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll