d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11221231241251264497Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2022 06:26am
Quote (Lvivz @ Mar 8 2022 12:23pm)
Its a puppet state, that has no choice of its own. All it does is follow orders from Moscow so the map is quite relevant. However I am quite sure the map didnt take into account that Russkie fascists will still be stuck on Sumy 13 days in.

I agree with all of that with the 1 exclusion, no, not the claim to fasiscm, but rather I simply don't know re: Sumy. What I was trying to argue with Skinned was that there are ways to further escalate a situation but that his response is "its escalated", implying it can not get worse. I would disagree, I would say it can get worse, and can get escalated further.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 06:28am
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2022 06:26am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 07:20am)
? i admit to scrolling past several pages in this topic, noting alot of shit was dumped into the topic over the last few days. however, in case you missed it:

I provided 2 links, 1 Irish, 1 Chinese. I was suspended from this site for posting them.

staying on immediate point:

You are arguing with us re: escalation, and at the same time you are providing evidence that the war is being escalated. this makes no sense to me.

The map shows the invasion progressing past Ukraine into other nations. How is that escalatory?

Whatever. I'm going to go to work and get paid.
Mar 8 2022 06:29am
HOW IS IT NOT. holy moly.

to dumb it down for you: Escalation: An increase in the intensity or seriousness of something; an intensification.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 06:30am
Gold: 285.00
Mar 8 2022 06:33am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 07:29am)
HOW IS IT NOT. holy moly.

to dumb it down for you: Escalation: An increase in the intensity or seriousness of something; an intensification.

It was a moving of the troops for self-defense. It was a special military action to denazify a country adjacent to them. It is an invasion to annex a country next to them completely. It is a multi-nation invasion affecting multiple states.

We have different definitions of escalation then as I say things have been escalating from the beginning. I understand people are fearful from escalation, but appeasement in the face of an aggressive dictator attacking his neighbors has a poor track record in Europe.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 8 2022 06:34am
Mar 8 2022 06:38am
OK, noted re: definition. i won't argue the point further, accepting this is a multinational forum & the concept of lost in translation.
also, Yes, I understand re: appeasement in the face of an aggressive dictator attacking his neighbors has a poor track record in Europe. (while having my own views on the causes of this conflict)

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 06:41am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2022 06:45am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 02:26pm)
I agree with all of that with the 1 exclusion, no, not the claim to fasiscm, but rather I simply don't know re: Sumy. What I was trying to argue with Skinned was that there are ways to further escalate a situation but that his response is "its escalated", implying it can not get worse. I would disagree, I would say it can get worse, and can get escalated further.

Whats the difference between Hitlers occupation of Czech land on grounds of doing historical justice and current invasion of Ukraine by Russia with narrative of liberation of Ukraine from nazis and helping ethnic Russians here? Its almost identical situation, and methods being used by Russia and are the very same Hitler used. Except that Ukraine didnt fall and blitzkrieg failed.
Mar 8 2022 06:52am
Godwins Law in action. I will briefly provide a view/reponse while not directly rebuting the specific claim as I dont want to perpetuate such misguided comparisons or go down that conversation path.

Russia is in no way liberating Ukraine. if you are reading that somewhere its just propaganda. Russia has invaded its neighbour due to its (security) concerns. The methods being used are not total war and are not the same as those you have outlined. I am very sorry but if you reply again using this analogy I will not respond. someone else can.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2022 06:52am
Quote (Frosch01 @ Mar 8 2022 05:32am)
"russia ever had the most effective conventional military assets. thats not even a secret. thats why we the west did what . we fight them with high tech assets. which is expensive."

if they are attacking airports (infrastructure) they attack it for a reason .... you have to bind manpower to rebuild it. which u will miss on another side.
they may now be functional again but left with no plane . air defence systems. or a radar station. so that airfield is no longer a harming threat.
numbers of shot down aircrafts does not matter. alsong you have control over the air space. which the russians have. else ukraine wouldnt ask for no fly zones. which the russians already did build up with the s-400 which is known as best air defence system on the market.

dude u dont wanna fight the so called rubbish crappy tanks. because they are functional, for that purpose they was build

dude im so sry to see what that dictator is doing in your country.
we can just pray for ukraine and its brave ppl. we can just stand at ur side with soft power.

Watch out everyone here is the army with most effective conventional military assets :rofl:

Mar 8 2022 06:56am
I have no clue on the capabilities of the Russian war machine. AFAIK they are 3rd in the world behind USA and China, and therefore they would be #1 in this situation, noting America is not sending troops and China is an Ally of Russia.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 8 2022 07:02am
Quote (ferdia @ 8 Mar 2022 13:56)
I have no clue on the capabilities of the Russian war machine. AFAIK they are 3rd in the world behind USA and China, and therefore they would be #1 in this situation, noting America is not sending troops and China is an Ally of Russia.

Theoretically, the Russian army should be the 3rd strongest in the world. In reality, the UK and France might be superior in a conventional war. Perhaps also India. (Although they receive most of their arms from Russia itself, so that they couldn't actually win a war coz Russia would just cut off their supplies.)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11221231241251264497Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll