d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11191201211221234497Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2022 03:17am
Quote (ferdia @ 8 Mar 2022 09:55)
what happens to all these people and Ukraine after the war ?

like kosovo, serbia. jugoslavia. the country will fall apart . between east and west.
ukraine is destabilized for the decades. ppl lifes and health are destroyed along with theire citys.
and this will be the reason they will not have any chance to join the EU
Gold: 30,669.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 8 2022 03:23am
I thought Russia wants Ukraine either to be part of Russia, or Neutral? I'm not convinced the aftermath = EU wont let Ukraine join the EU, its a bit hypocritical surely ?

i.e. I dont see this happening :

EU: "join the EU"
Ukraine: "yes please"
Russia: "oh no you dont"
Aftermath = Rubble
Ukraine: "can we still join"
EU: "no your worth less now"
Ukraine: "???"

I dont ever see the EU saying No to an application to join, unless they acknowledged Russia's concerns (which they dont). i.e. the state of Ukraine after the war should not be the deciding factor on whether Ukraine can join the EU or not, when considering the EU is not blameless in what happened to the Ukraine and is refusing to help militarily. And no, im not a commie whore.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 03:30am
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 8 2022 03:45am
Quote (ferdia @ 8 Mar 2022 09:55)
what happens to all these people and Ukraine after the war ?

Depends on the outcome of the war, doesn't it?

But like I've been saying for several days now, Ukraine being split into a pro-EU western half and a pro-Russia eastern half is a realistic possibility. This way, Russia would achieve almost all of its strategic goals: create a buffer state that prevents a new NATO-Russia border, bring all the ethnic Russians in Ukraine home, secure the power and water supplies for Crimea, secure control of most or all of the Black Sea coast in the region.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 8 2022 03:51am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 10:23am)
I thought Russia wants Ukraine either to be part of Russia, or Neutral? I'm not convinced the aftermath = EU wont let them join the EU, its a bit hypocritical surely ?

Aftermath = Rubble

Can you explain why EU wanted Ukraine in the first place? Rampant corruption, oligarchs throwing their weight around, far right groups parading in the streets, poverty, etc? Imagine the cost involved to prop this country up to acceptable Western standards.

I still remember the 2008 crisis and that EU countries like Greece and a couple others were in danger of default which was only prevented by throwing shit tons of money at them and EU central bank intervention.

Take into account that countries like Greece had many years to prepare themselves to meet the EU standards set for them and EU had already invested heavily in infrastructure for example to help them meet said standards.

Ukraine doesn't meet any of those standards, on top of that deals with rampant corruption which alone would be a reason to reject them.

I think the only reason EU wants Ukraine is because it means Western sphere of influence is expanded East at the cost of Russia which is crystal clear at this point.

LMK
Mar 8 2022 03:58am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 8 2022 09:51am)
Can you explain why EU wanted Ukraine in the first place?

A chess piece ?

Mar 8 2022 04:07am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 10:58am)
A chess piece ?

That's another way of saying it. However it would turn out to be a disaster for EU if this country would become a member don't you think

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 8 2022 04:07am
Mar 8 2022 04:14am
I feel its safer for me to lead/nudge the conversation then to TLDR which would get me suspended (noting i have been repeatedly suspended by moderators for posting in this topic). Therefore:

in what way ? the EU will simply say "DO A B and C and we will let you in". The EU as an entity is fairly new so they are stumbling around. anything they do can be a disaster or great, its like rolling dice.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 04:15am
Mar 8 2022 04:23am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 8 2022 11:14am)
I feel its safer for me to lead/nudge the conversation then to TLDR which would get me suspended (noting i have been repeatedly suspended by moderators for posting in this topic). Therefore:

in what way ? the EU will simply say "DO A B and C and we will let you in". The EU as an entity is fairly new so they are stumbling around. anything they do can be a disaster or great, its like rolling dice.

Why were you suspended, which posts?

This is clearly political discussion and I've never seen you post anything that warranted a suspension,
Mar 8 2022 04:25am
suspended twice yesterday, i think one was for posting a link to my country's state broadcaster (ireland) and the other was posting a link re: Chinese GDP.

its fine, its an american site, i get it.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 8 2022 04:52am
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2022 04:33am
Quote (ferdia @ 8 Mar 2022 10:23)
I thought Russia wants Ukraine either to be part of Russia, or Neutral? I'm not convinced the aftermath = EU wont let Ukraine join the EU, its a bit hypocritical surely ?

i.e. I dont see this happening :

Aftermath = Rubble

I dont ever see the EU saying No to an application to join, unless they acknowledged Russia's concerns (which they dont). i.e. the state of Ukraine after the war should not be the deciding factor on whether Ukraine can join the EU or not, when considering the EU is not blameless in what happened to the Ukraine and is refusing to help militarily. And no, im not a commie whore.

to join the Euope union you have to fulfill certain requirements and these are destroying russia in the long run.. to join the EU is about 10xtimes harder as joining the nato

have to edit this

Aftermath = Rubble
EU: "still no peace and rule of law?"
Ukraine: "well...

why is turkey not a member of the EU . same husstle

This post was edited by Frosch01 on Mar 8 2022 04:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11191201211221234497Next