d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Belief In Science Vs God
Prev1111213141520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Feb 5 2016 07:44pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 5 2016 06:56pm)
Falsifiability in science isn't the paradigm or even a dominate value in science. Karl Popper argued for it, because the Nazi's were proving all sorts of things about the Jews being inferior and he wanted to attack their science (and had a lot on the line) through demarcation.

But as good of a philosopher as he was, scientists just don't go into experiments doubting...they rather have faith in whatever paradigm they're operating in.

Those scientists don't have long careers outside of extreme cases. The ones you are describing are not the rule. Anybody who came to the opposite conclusion probably didn't have a long career in Nazi Germany.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 5 2016 07:44pm
Gold: 7,252.72
Feb 5 2016 07:44pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:37pm)

There's no preachers to blame just me. Can you tell me what is wrong so you might change my belief.

...if I had that ability I would use it on everyone . If I were to suggest anything it would be to pray that God will lead you to Holy Spirit inspired teachers - it worked for me .

Gold: 578.20
Feb 5 2016 07:47pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 6 Feb 2016 02:44)
...if I had that ability I would use it on everyone . If I were to suggest anything it would be to pray that God will lead you to Holy Spirit inspired teachers - it worked for me .

I am young. I am easy manipulative (I guess). I change my opinion on a daily, to weekly, to monthly basis . This is just from today's research and it left me standing where I am questioning these things. Where did I go wrong with my interpretations of the way I see things?

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Feb 5 2016 07:47pm
Feb 5 2016 07:51pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:47pm)
I am young. I am easy manipulative (I guess). I change my opinions from daily, to weekly, to monthly etc. This is just from today's research and it left me standing where I am questioning these things. Where did I go wrong with my interpretations of the way I see things?

...allow me to introduce you a concept known as orthodoxy . When you find yourself far removed from accepted teachings that have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years you need to bury yourself in what the scholars write and not what you think .
Feb 5 2016 07:56pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 6 Feb 2016 02:51)
...allow me to introduce you a concept known as orthodoxy . When you find yourself far removed from accepted teachings that have been around for hundreds if not thousands of years you need to bury yourself in what the scholars write and not what you think .

But how come you don't see some of the events occurring currently as the tribulation events that is prophesied?
I know scriptures warns about putting a date to the end of times. But it just feels like there's so many things unfolding at the movement which I think people should be aware of.

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Feb 5 2016 07:58pm
Feb 5 2016 07:58pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:56pm)
But how come you don't see some of the events occurring currently as the tribulation events that is prophesied?

...because we are not in the Tribulation .
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 5 2016 08:09pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:56pm)
I know scriptures warns about putting a date to the end of times. But it just feels like there's so many things unfolding at the movement which I think people should be aware of.

You seem to be easily swayed on scripture. It really sounds like you've latched onto a specific teacher.
Feb 5 2016 08:15pm
Quote (IceMage @ 6 Feb 2016 03:09)
You seem to be easily swayed on scripture. It really sounds like you've latched onto a specific teacher.

I'm not attending any meetings or anything. I'm just sitting by myself watching these youtube video which might have to end up in the conspiracy category.
How would you recommend to face these 'problems' then? I'm in my early twenties and have pretty much lost all hope that our direction will turn good.
And yeah that affects me. I'm not really scared but frustrated that we're doing so little. I hear about The Venus Project and I'm thinking... Why does nobody support this system that could make us happy?
I'm told to be realistic. It's like people is just accepting the way it is. Which is sad.
Feb 5 2016 08:19pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 09:15pm)
I'm not attending any meetings or anything. I'm just sitting by myself watching these youtube video which might have to end up in the conspiracy category.
How would you recommend to face these 'problems' then? I'm in my early twenties and have pretty much lost all hope that our direction will turn good.
And yeah that affects me. I'm not really scared but frustrated that we're doing so little. I hear about The Venus Project and I'm thinking... Why does nobody support this system that could make us happy?
I'm told to be realistic. It's like people is just accepting the way it is. Which is sad.

...your concerns are worldly instead of spiritual(heavenly) . This is not what Christianity is about .
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 5 2016 08:26pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 09:15pm)

Widow said it... but why are you relating your spiritual situation so much with the political situation of our country? It's strange.

Honestly, by saying you support the Venus Project, you are easily swayed in more ways than just spirituality. It's time to lay off the youtube videos and start reading.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141520Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll