d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1117611771178117911804481Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 22 2022 03:53pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11134305/Putins-Rasputin-criticised-Vladimir-shortly-daughter-blown-up.html

FSB is extremely specific about their purported assassin, saying its a 43 year old woman named Natalia Vovk who entered the country on July 23rd with a 12 year old daughter, drove a gray mini cooper with license plate AH7771IP, rented an apartment next to Darya Dugina and attended the same event where she was assassinated, then fled across the border to Estonia

Russia’s counterintelligence agency on Monday claimed that the car bomb that killed the daughter of Vladimir Putin’s ally Alexander Dugin was planted by a female Ukrainian spy who then fled to Estonia.

Officials with FSB have identified Darya Dugina’s alleged assassin as 43-year-old Natalia Vovk, who they said was acting as part of a criminal plot “orchestrated and perpetrated by Ukrainian special services,” according to Russian state news agency TASS.

FSB published a video compilation allegedly that opens with Vovk entering Russia in her grey Mini Cooper, which sports plates issued by the Kremlin-backed separatist Donetsk People’s Republic. A second portion of the video appears to show Vovk entering the apartment building where Dugina lived in Moscow.

A doorbell camera offers a clear view of the woman’s face as she stands in front of the front door, then answers a call on her phone.

The final portion of the video shows Vovk’s Mini Cooper — now featuring Ukrainian plates — being subjected to an inspection on the Russian-Estonian border following Dugina’s killing.

So whether its true or not, they didn't go with some weak spin or deflection or vague statements, they went full blown extremely specific, refutable evidence.
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 22 2022 05:13pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 21 2022 06:32am)
I struggle to come up with a parallel for what this would be like in America. Like if an Antifa gunman tried to assassinate Alan Dershowitz?

Lol? That's the best comparison you could come up with?

We're talking about the geopolitical brain behind Putin's aggressiveness, a guy who has called for incredible deceitfulness and violence against the West and Ukraine, vs. a discredited media-whore lawyer who is writing books on how the liberals on his island don't like him anymore.

A better comparison would be Kissinger, or Wolfowitz, or somebody with some pull in the US foreign policy field. I'd at least have some measure of sympathy(or at least understanding the logic) if anti-Western zealots blew them up. Dershowitz is a nobody.

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 22 2022 05:18pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 22 2022 06:25pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 22 2022 02:53pm)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11134305/Putins-Rasputin-criticised-Vladimir-shortly-daughter-blown-up.html

FSB is extremely specific about their purported assassin, saying its a 43 year old woman named Natalia Vovk who entered the country on July 23rd with a 12 year old daughter, drove a gray mini cooper with license plate AH7771IP, rented an apartment next to Darya Dugina and attended the same event where she was assassinated, then fled across the border to Estonia

So whether its true or not, they didn't go with some weak spin or deflection or vague statements, they went full blown extremely specific, refutable evidence.

And when it's refuted, the people who believed it will say that the refuting evidence is fake/propaganda OR they'll just ignore the claim all together. Look no further than chopstickz for this type of behavior.
Gold: 7,348.00
Aug 23 2022 02:40am
Gold: 12,190.00
Aug 23 2022 02:43am
Who is Dugin?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2022 02:45am
Quote (Impy @ Aug 23 2022 11:43am)
Who is Dugin?

here he is

Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 23 2022 03:38am
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 22 2022 06:13pm)
Lol? That's the best comparison you could come up with?

We're talking about the geopolitical brain behind Putin's aggressiveness, a guy who has called for incredible deceitfulness and violence against the West and Ukraine, vs. a discredited media-whore lawyer who is writing books on how the liberals on his island don't like him anymore.

A better comparison would be Kissinger, or Wolfowitz, or somebody with some pull in the US foreign policy field. I'd at least have some measure of sympathy(or at least understanding the logic) if anti-Western zealots blew them up. Dershowitz is a nobody.

Kissinger was Secretary of State and the NSA. He is a politician and a diplomat. Wolfowitz was also a politician who held appointed offices. Notably, Dugin is not. He was never within the realm of (ruling) Russian leadership or politics. He had his own stints at unsuccessful parties, but never actually had power. That's the distinction I'm making here. He's someone who has solely influenced Russian foreign policy through his scholarship, his writing and advice, never holding any levers of government. People hate Kissinger for the foreign policies he controlled during his tenure, for Vietnam and Bangladesh and Chile and Argentina. If someone Chilean held a grudge for 50 years, maybe they'd have a reason to assassinate him. But Dugin did not make the decision to invade Ukraine, he advocated for it.
Its killing a philosopher because you hate his philosophy

I'm sure if I dug around I'd find a better parallel in American politics. I was also trying to avoid a comparison to any pundit or media personality, because Dugin really wasn't. So maybe there's some foreign policy wonk at a think tank who's name eludes me. But your examples weren't any better

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 23 2022 03:40am
Aug 23 2022 08:58am
Warn: 10%
Aug 23 2022 09:40am
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Aug 23 2022 05:58pm)

Interesting considering russia illegally invaded without any warning and declarations and was near Kiev in few days, I guess Ukrainian miitary had to teleport out of cities into the fields and be overwhelmed completely.

What does politico say about Russians using nuclear plants (both Chernobyl and Zp) as bases to stockpile explosives, missiles and ammo? As well as constantly positioning artillery around these plants and firing from there?

Or maybe Russians didn't use hospital/residential buildings/schools right away either?

But nope lets concentrate on Ukraine, after all Russian money in your pocket as good as any even if covered in blood of innocents.

This post was edited by Lvivz on Aug 23 2022 09:42am
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 24 2022 03:42pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 23 2022 05:38am)
Kissinger was Secretary of State and the NSA. He is a politician and a diplomat. Wolfowitz was also a politician who held appointed offices. Notably, Dugin is not. He was never within the realm of (ruling) Russian leadership or politics. He had his own stints at unsuccessful parties, but never actually had power. That's the distinction I'm making here. He's someone who has solely influenced Russian foreign policy through his scholarship, his writing and advice, never holding any levers of government. People hate Kissinger for the foreign policies he controlled during his tenure, for Vietnam and Bangladesh and Chile and Argentina. If someone Chilean held a grudge for 50 years, maybe they'd have a reason to assassinate him. But Dugin did not make the decision to invade Ukraine, he advocated for it.
Its killing a philosopher because you hate his philosophy

I'm sure if I dug around I'd find a better parallel in American politics. I was also trying to avoid a comparison to any pundit or media personality, because Dugin really wasn't. So maybe there's some foreign policy wonk at a think tank who's name eludes me. But your examples weren't any better

Yeah, I get it. But you're comparing apples and oranges. Dugin is not some pop-culture lawyer... he's a scholar in Russia whose teachings are completely consistent with Putin's aggressive moves against sovereign countries.

When someone writes the doctrine justifying a dictator wreaking havoc against a neighbor nation, it's not exactly unheard of for that intellectual to get blown up. And I don't know that it's wrong to do so.

This post was edited by IceMage on Aug 24 2022 03:46pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1117611771178117911804481Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll