d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1117411751176117711784480Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Aug 20 2022 03:26pm
If the theory is that Russia engaged in this war to prevent NATO expansion is true(nobody opposed to Putin believes this, even those who hide behind "realism"), it's been a complete failure. NATO is expanding, and it's more united than ever. Maybe the "realists" should start talking Putin out of his backward views.
Gold: 100,701.50
Aug 20 2022 03:41pm
Quote (Lvivz @ Aug 20 2022 11:24pm)
Thanks, but you are already the world champion of random shit-posts so you can keep your trophy.

I'll leave the posting of random shit-posts in weird languages up to you. This is an English speaking forum.

It's def your trophy
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 20 2022 03:46pm
Quote (Djunior @ Aug 21 2022 12:41am)
I'll leave the posting of random shit-posts in weird languages up to you. This is an English speaking forum.

It's def your trophy

Don't recall posting here in any languages other than English, must be your dementia causing these delusions my friend ;) , its time to take your pills and go to bed, tomorrow you have shock therapy in ward 301.

This post was edited by Lvivz on Aug 20 2022 03:46pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Aug 20 2022 04:25pm
Quote (Lvivz @ Aug 20 2022 11:46pm)
Don't recall posting here in any languages other than English, must be your dementia causing these delusions my friend ;) , its time to take your pills and go to bed, tomorrow you have shock therapy in ward 301.

You regularly post vids here in Russian or whatever language so you're the one who's demented, hate to break it to you ;)
Aug 20 2022 04:53pm
Quote (IceMage @ Aug 21 2022 12:26am)
If the theory is that Russia engaged in this war to prevent NATO expansion is true(nobody opposed to Putin believes this, even those who hide behind "realism"), it's been a complete failure. NATO is expanding, and it's more united than ever. Maybe the "realists" should start talking Putin out of his backward views.

Its not about NATO expansion at all, Putin will not give up power until he is dead, Medvedev who he once trusted and who was his right hand man prior to 2012, then Medvedev stepped out of line and tried to run for 2nd term as president against Putins wishes, it was made clear to Medvedev who actually controls the Silovik system and that things would turn out really bad for him if he didn't step down and follow Putins orders as agreed prior to 2008 election.

Putin has nobody to even temporarily transfer the presidential sit to so he had to amend the constitution, simply because he doesn't trust anyone, he saw it during Medvedevs presidency how some of the cogs in this system started to break down, switch sides or stop doing dirt they where supposed to. And that again was Medvedev someone who he trusted more than anyone else but grip was softened a lot. Paranoia crept in, he can't trust anyone to take over knowing full well how much dirt he has done, how much he and his friends stolen and nobody being able to give him assurances and promises he would believe that he and his family wouldn't be prosecuted, once he loses the control on all the control levers and someone new comes in, things can turn bad very very quickly with mafia clans that right now more or less function in equilibrium turning on one another knowing that theres no iron fist to keep order from above.

Nato/USA is just playing a scape-goat role in his rhetoric, just like Ukraine, he needs enemies and wars to stay in power to divert attention from blatant thievery thats going on in Russia and stagnation if not complete degradation in many parts of Russia. Its the only way, he is stuck in that office where all control levers over the clans controlling russia are located, and now he is also stuck in Ukraine unable to take any meaningful new territories and hold them to give russians "victory" and stabilize his grip on power for next 2-3 years as he expected by taking Kiev and installing puppet government in Ukraine.

This post was edited by Lvivz on Aug 20 2022 04:58pm
Aug 20 2022 04:55pm
Quote (Djunior @ Aug 21 2022 01:25am)
You regularly post vids here in Russian or whatever language so you're the one who's demented, hate to break it to you ;)

Posting videos where russian is spoken isn't posting in russian. In videos posted knowledge of language doesn't play an important role whatsoever, can turn volume off and get general idea of whats happening.
Gold: 2,170.00
Aug 20 2022 07:31pm
Oleksandr Usyk has beaten Anthony Joshua, yet again. From the Ukrainian front to taking out the trash, again. Nothing sweeter than joshua's bitch fit after.

Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 21 2022 01:23am
Hot shit this is a biggy. There was an attempted assasination of Dugin by a car bomb in Moscow. Purportedly Dugin survived but his daughter was killed. Dugin is probably the #1 geopolitical strategist behind Putin, the founder of the foundation of geopolitics after all
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 21 2022 03:14am
Quote (Goomshill @ 21 Aug 2022 09:23)
Hot shit this is a biggy. There was an attempted assasination of Dugin by a car bomb in Moscow. Purportedly Dugin survived but his daughter was killed. Dugin is probably the #1 geopolitical strategist behind Putin, the founder of the foundation of geopolitics after all

Reportedly, Dugin and his daughter were attending a political event and had planned to drive home together, in the same car, but Dugin took another ride and his daughter was alone in his car when the bomb detonated. So yes, this was clearly an attack aimed at Putin's chief ideologue.

I'm not 100.00% sure it were Ukrainian partisans or Russian opposionists, the attack might also have come from organized crime or rivals for his power. But yeah, more likely than not Ukrainians/oppositionists. Wouldn't surprise me if Russia launches retaliatory strikes In Ukraine in the coming days.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 21 2022 03:14am
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 21 2022 04:32am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 21 2022 04:14am)
Reportedly, Dugin and his daughter were attending a political event and had planned to drive home together, in the same car, but Dugin took another ride and his daughter was alone in his car when the bomb detonated. So yes, this was clearly an attack aimed at Putin's chief ideologue.

I'm not 100.00% sure it were Ukrainian partisans or Russian opposionists, the attack might also have come from organized crime or rivals for his power. But yeah, more likely than not Ukrainians/oppositionists. Wouldn't surprise me if Russia launches retaliatory strikes In Ukraine in the coming days.

I think its most likely pro-Ukraine Russian opposition and I'd really like to believe that to be the case, or else Ukrainian infiltrators. In the absence of any reason to believe a deeper conspiracy or state action, simplest reason is the most likely. They had plenty of reason to hate Dugin for political reasons. But god forbid this actually links back to western intelligence, be it EU or US. That would a real shit scenario, an act of war assassinating (the family of) a guy who's basically a political scholar and intellectual, not a politician and barely any media presence. Its still a bit of an open debate how much Putin followed Dugin's (literal) playbook, and how much was improvisation and his own streak. I mean, Dugin shared more in common with Robert Heinlein's grand idea of a totaliarian fascism divorced from racism and chauvinism, whereas Putin was dealing with political realities of a kleptocracy.
I struggle to come up with a parallel for what this would be like in America. Like if an Antifa gunman tried to assassinate Alan Dershowitz?

we'll have to wait and see what Putin does now I guess. He could blame it on the west even if it wasn't the west.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1117411751176117711784480Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll