d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1115911601161116211634479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 11 2022 09:59am
So russia shelling a nuclear facility due to UN meeting they called happening soon, this way they are fabricating evidence that Ukraine is randomly shelling nuclear facility. The very same was happening when they had Chernobyl occupied back in March.
Brain cancer is part of russian dna and sadly Napoleon/Hitler did a bad job cleansing it out properly.
Gold: 100,701.50
Aug 11 2022 10:44am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 11 2022 01:26am)
Turkey is currently suffering from an inflation rate of 80% and Erdogan is up for reelection next year - he's desperate as fuck. That's really all there is to it.

That's not all there is to it. Not only Turkey gains from this deal but Russia as well.

Also if Turkey acts as a middle man in trade between EU countries and Russia it means Russia has a way to get around the sanctions which might cause friction between an important NATO member and the EU. Remember there were already issues after Turkey purchased S400 instead of patriots.

Gold: 13.37
Aug 11 2022 11:20am
Quote (Lvivz @ 11 Aug 2022 18:56)
Your uncle called, said to let you know that you should stfu kazapskya blyad.

His words not mine.

Ah, so you are a Far Seer :) What wizarding powers are being unlocked within a basement. The Azov, the Zelensky Bitch and a Wardrobe.
Warn: 10%
Aug 11 2022 12:38pm
Quote (Norlander @ Aug 11 2022 08:20pm)
Ah, so you are a Far Seer :) What wizarding powers are being unlocked within a basement. The Azov, the Zelensky Bitch and a Wardrobe.

Nah I leave that to you, you already state who bombed who within 1 minute of it happening, then proven to be foolish half-madyar half- kazap pizda who ldrinks slug russian propaganda pumps at ya :lol:

Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 11 2022 12:38pm
Quote (Djunior @ 11 Aug 2022 18:44)
That's not all there is to it. Not only Turkey gains from this deal but Russia as well.

Also if Turkey acts as a middle man in trade between EU countries and Russia it means Russia has a way to get around the sanctions which might cause friction between an important NATO member and the EU. Remember there were already issues after Turkey purchased S400 instead of patriots.

Russia and Turkey have been frenemies for the past 250++ years, they have an extremely storied and complex history. I was just referring to Erdogan outright refusing to participate in the economic sanctions and now even intensifying the economic cooperation with Russia in some regards - I meant that there's no deeper geopolitical motivation behind this recent move, it's purely intended to save Turkey's economy and thus Erdogan's political career. ;)

I gotta give Turkey credit for facilitating the deal on grain exports though, their mediation was really helpful on this issue.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 11 2022 12:38pm
Gold: 100,701.50
Aug 11 2022 12:44pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 11 2022 08:38pm)
Russia and Turkey have been frenemies for the past 250++ years, they have an extremely storied and complex history. I was just referring to Erdogan outright refusing to participate in the economic sanctions and now even intensifying the economic cooperation with Russia in some regards - I meant that there's no deeper geopolitical motivation behind this recent move, it's purely intended to save Turkey's economy and thus Erdogan's political career. ;)

I gotta give Turkey credit for facilitating the deal on grain exports though, their mediation was really helpful on this issue.

And there's still more to it, Turkey was waiting in line to become EU member

I'm guessing this is going to have consequences ;)
Aug 11 2022 12:55pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 11 Aug 2022 07:06)
India, Brazil and the KSA and South Africa didn't go out and get in bed with China and Russia of their own accord. We forced them into that position. We drew up an "us or them" hard line and they chose "them". We divided the world and pretty much every world power landed in the same basket, aligned against us.

You're living in a fantasy world if you think that all these countries are "aligned against the West" just because they decided to continue to trade with Russia... and no, we didn't actually force them into choosing us or them. Are there any sanctions or other retaliations against these countries for not joining our economic war against Russia? Are we excluding them or punishing them for having "chosen to not be with us"? You're making it sound as if the world was recently plunged back into the depths of the Cold War, with most of the world being divided into two hostile blocks which have almost no interaction or trade with each other. This might well be the direction we're headed in, don't get me wrong, but we're at least 8-10 years away from that. Also, the "other side" would be lead by China this time around, not Russia.

How does any of this compare to the self-determination afforded the Ukrainian people as a united country prior to the Euromaidan coup?

But that's the thing: the self-determination afforded to the Ukrainian people as a united country was useless due to the tensions between the pro-Russia and the pro-EU side. That the government was pro-Russia while the parliament was pro-EU is exemplary of this disunity.

The people voted for their government and the lawful government and its leadership was opposed to the EU association agreement. Because they had the rational self interest and prescience to know that staying aligned with Russia and keeping their independence was preferable to trying to defect to a west and sparking a conflict with Russia like the one we're seeing right now.

Oh come on, you cannot possibly believe that. President Yanukovich was a Russian puppet, that's why he did what Russia wanted and refused to sign the EU-association agreement.

They knew Russia had a vested interest in Ukraine and a willingness to act, and the west did not. We said that back during Euromaidan, we said that during the Crimean annexation, Obama showed it, Biden is still showing it.

This is where things get interesting: the current war is a test if Russia can be stopped by a West who's half-assing it. We're not sending troops of our own, we're not imposing a no-fly zone, we're slow-rolling the delivery of heavy weapons to Ukraine, we're not going all-out in our economic sanctions and still (at least in principle) prioritize minimizing the damage to our own economies over maximizing the likelihood of winning the war, etc.

Ukrainians used to have a country, poor and backwards as it was, under Russia's yoke. Now they have a bombed out warzone, they are refugees, the best outcome they can hope for is to build a west berlin out of the ashes and pray for EU investment in the rebuilding, except that's timed so poorly with the west in a recession. How many people had to die for this 'improvement' of their lot?

The Ukrainians wanted it like that. THEY are the ones who chose to fight rather than resign themselves to living under the Russian yoke again. If a majority, or even a sizable minority, of the people in Ukraine had preferred the latter, then Ukraine would have collapsed and surrendered during the early days of the war. Also note that your scenario involves a Ukraine which has defended its sovereignty and inflicted so much damage on Russia that they won't be a military threat anymore for a long time. This would open up a window of opportunity for them to rebuild their country, perhaps get rid of some oligarchs, and set themselves on a path similar to that of Poland or Romania.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 11 2022 12:57pm
Aug 11 2022 12:56pm
Quote (Djunior @ 11 Aug 2022 20:44)
And there's still more to it, Turkey was waiting in line to become EU member

I'm guessing this is going to have consequences ;)

It's been unspoken, but crystal-clear for many years that there is zero chance of a Turkish EU membership as long as the country is ruled by Erdogan, and that it would be a long and difficult road even under a different, more democratic leadership.
Aug 11 2022 01:02pm
Hopefully it all stops
Gold: 13.37
Aug 11 2022 11:20pm
Quote (Lvivz @ 11 Aug 2022 21:38)
Nah I leave that to you, you already state who bombed who within 1 minute of it happening, then proven to be foolish half-madyar half- kazap pizda who ldrinks slug russian propaganda pumps at ya :lol:

Okay, so the Russians bombed themselves at the nuclear plant :D just to fit your reality
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1115911601161116211634479Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll