d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1113711381139114011414478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,190.00
Aug 3 2022 03:50am
Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 3 2022 04:33am)
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/EU-Gas-Dependence-On-Russia-Falls-By-50.html

Eu moving in the right direction to reduce dependency on the orcs

50% sounds way exaggerated. Probably half of that. EU just gets less, and did bits of diversification. And it’s the EU pillar countries that get hit by a cut off. Can’t be helped I guess xD
Gold: 107.77
Aug 3 2022 09:54am
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 3 2022 09:58am
Quote (duffman316 @ 3 Aug 2022 05:33)
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/EU-Gas-Dependence-On-Russia-Falls-By-50.html

Eu moving in the right direction to reduce dependency on the orcs

A supply gap of 20% (if Putin completely cuts off the gas in winter) would still be catastrophic though. Particularly since industrial heartlands of Europe (Germany, Northern Italy) are particularly dependent on Russian gas. Someone should tell the Poles and Spanish what's gonna happen to their currency and EU funding if the German economy collapses.

In reality, European leaders have catastrophically mishandled the whole issue of sanctions and energy dependency on Russia. It was completely fucking braindead to signal to Putin that we're gonna wane off his oil and gas in 1-2 years - made it really easy for him to close the gas tap because he had far less to lose. He would have thought twice about this step if it would have meant risking to lose decades of future revenue instead of just 1-2 years. Similarly, it's completely insane that the German government still wants to shut down existing nuclear power plants this winter. Or that they didn't immediately start ramping up coal plants again so that less natural gas is used for power generation. Or that various European countries still didn't start to prepare fracking on their own territory while begging other countries for more fracking gas.

If you think the EU is doing well on energy, you are horribly mistaken. If you ask me, the way it was handled by European/Western leaders is the biggest policy and leadership failure in living memory.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 3 2022 09:59am
Gold: 14,005.00
Aug 3 2022 12:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 3 2022 11:58am)
A supply gap of 20% (if Putin completely cuts off the gas in winter) would still be catastrophic though. Particularly since industrial heartlands of Europe (Germany, Northern Italy) are particularly dependent on Russian gas. Someone should tell the Poles and Spanish what's gonna happen to their currency and EU funding if the German economy collapses.

In reality, European leaders have catastrophically mishandled the whole issue of sanctions and energy dependency on Russia. It was completely fucking braindead to signal to Putin that we're gonna wane off his oil and gas in 1-2 years - made it really easy for him to close the gas tap because he had far less to lose. He would have thought twice about this step if it would have meant risking to lose decades of future revenue instead of just 1-2 years. Similarly, it's completely insane that the German government still wants to shut down existing nuclear power plants this winter. Or that they didn't immediately start ramping up coal plants again so that less natural gas is used for power generation. Or that various European countries still didn't start to prepare fracking on their own territory while begging other countries for more fracking gas.

If you think the EU is doing well on energy, you are horribly mistaken. If you ask me, the way it was handled by European/Western leaders is the biggest policy and leadership failure in living memory.

You collecting wood yet?
Gold: 751.50
Aug 3 2022 01:48pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 3 2022 05:58pm)

i think you mentioned this at some point, but we are way past the point of incompetence

the scumbag government is exploiting the current mess without any mercy whatsoever to force their agenda on everyone

Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 3 2022 08:54pm)
You collecting wood yet?

got 2,5 tonnes of lignite + a decent amount of wood, i will be warm ^_^
Aug 3 2022 02:05pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 3 Aug 2022 20:54)
You collecting wood yet?

Don't have a fireplace in my apartment, but already ordered a portable radiator. And I'm not the only one who had this idea. We'll see if our power grid can cope with millions of people plugging them in. ;)
My house has good isolation and I'm a young, healthy male with lots of good winter clothes, lol. I, personally, will be fine.

My bigger worry is about all the children and elderly who feel cold very easily, and about the economic impact of a gas shortage.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 3 2022 02:06pm
Gold: 14,005.00
Aug 3 2022 02:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 3 2022 04:05pm)
Don't have a fireplace in my apartment, but already ordered a portable radiator. We'll see if our power grid can cope with millions of people plugging them in, lol.
My house has good isolation and I'm a young, healthy male with lots of good winter clothes, lol. I, personally, will be fine.

My bigger worry is about all the children and elderly who feel cold very easily, and about the economic impact of a gas shortage.

Will be fine imo, government will prioritize people not freezing vs industrial use.

I don't think this is just a this winter problem though tbh. Germany, and tbh the rest of Europe will have to make up with Russia again at some point. Paying more for further away gas is not a good option, it will leave the Eurozone severely lacking economically.
Gold: 13.37
Aug 3 2022 02:34pm
Quote (MSX98 @ 3 Aug 2022 18:54)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/585066060722470937/1003778953238040727/SLAVA_UKRAINI_1.mp4

Got rickrolled :(
Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2022 09:32pm
whoops

Ukraine: military endangering civilians by locating forces in residential areas

Schools and hospitals used as military bases by Ukrainian forces

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/ukraine-military-endangering-civilians-locating-forces-residential-areas-new

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Aug 3 2022 09:33pm
Aug 3 2022 09:44pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ 4 Aug 2022 05:32)
whoops

Ukraine: military endangering civilians by locating forces in residential areas

Schools and hospitals used as military bases by Ukrainian forces

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/ukraine-military-endangering-civilians-locating-forces-residential-areas-new

Meanwhile, Russian troops are literally digging themselves in inside a nuclear power plant where Ukraine cannot attack them without risking to contaminate their own country...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62412429
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1113711381139114011414478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll