d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1113311341135113611374478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Aug 1 2022 02:31pm
Quote (Santara @ Aug 1 2022 10:25pm)
All the artillery pieces in the world aren't going to matter if you can't supply them with ammunition. If HIMARs are strategically obliterating the ammo depots, then Russia has nothing but giant metal straws.

This is last time i discuss retarded statements

1: If 10 himars systems could defeat Russia, then this would change the world in the same way nuclear weapons did.

2: What makes you think russia doesn't have the same capability to hit ukranian supply-depots? What if i told you russia has been doing this since feb 24? Has ukraine ran out of ammo?

3: Air defenses can shoot down himars easily, the only reason they have been going through the massive-layered defense russia has is because they launch massive barrages and overwhelm. This is not free, and it makes their position vulnerable.

4: The more himars that are active, the easier it is to hunt them down, with drones/planes/etc

5: Russia has 3 systems that are equivalent to the HIMARs.

6: it is not hard to disperse ammunition depots, and decentralize it. The ukranians have been doing it a lot since the war started.

There is many more things you could say. But i am done. The reason for the fires is like i told you, you are looking at extremely limited data and forcing yourself to draw conclusions. In war there is many rotations and cycles, you have to compare them over-time in the correct manner which is impossible because you lack 99% of the information required to know when and where a cycle starts/goes on and ends and everything else about the battle field.

And please dont start talking about bridges, there is so many ways you can ferry stuff over, or pontoon it and fill damaged pontoons, or repair the antonovsky bridge HIMAR's can't destroy that bridge. You need massive rockets to destroy such infrastructure, the only thing HIMAR's damages is the runway which isn't vital, and easily replaced/repaired.

This is all just propaganda, i dont see how people dont notice it instantly? Did people aleady forget about Saint Javalin or switchblade god? A singular weapon will never win a modern war (unless you are talking about nukes)

This post was edited by ownyaah on Aug 1 2022 02:38pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 1 2022 03:01pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Aug 1 2022 03:31pm)
This is last time i discuss retarded statements

1: If 10 himars systems could defeat Russia, then this would change the world in the same way nuclear weapons did.

2: What makes you think russia doesn't have the same capability to hit ukranian supply-depots? What if i told you russia has been doing this since feb 24? Has ukraine ran out of ammo?

3: Air defenses can shoot down himars easily, the only reason they have been going through the massive-layered defense russia has is because they launch massive barrages and overwhelm. This is not free, and it makes their position vulnerable.

4: The more himars that are active, the easier it is to hunt them down, with drones/planes/etc

5: Russia has 3 systems that are equivalent to the HIMARs.

6: it is not hard to disperse ammunition depots, and decentralize it. The ukranians have been doing it a lot since the war started.

There is many more things you could say. But i am done. The reason for the fires is like i told you, you are looking at extremely limited data and forcing yourself to draw conclusions. In war there is many rotations and cycles, you have to compare them over-time in the correct manner which is impossible because you lack 99% of the information required to know when and where a cycle starts/goes on and ends and everything else about the battle field.

And please dont start talking about bridges, there is so many ways you can ferry stuff over, or pontoon it and fill damaged pontoons, or repair the antonovsky bridge HIMAR's can't destroy that bridge. You need massive rockets to destroy such infrastructure, the only thing HIMAR's damages is the runway which isn't vital, and easily replaced/repaired.

This is all just propaganda, i dont see how people dont notice it instantly? Did people aleady forget about Saint Javalin or switchblade god? A singular weapon will never win a modern war (unless you are talking about nukes)

1. Not saying it will win the war.

2. The fact that a great percentage of their precision munitions have been expended and are not easily replaceable due to chip shortages.

3. They can, and their ammo depots are still being lit up. What does that tell you? That's it's not that important to protect the depots, or that it's harder than it seems?

4. Yup. Ukraine still lacks air superiority, but Russia is still limited in its own power projection over Ukraine.

5. Russia has zero systems equivalent to HIMARs. They have systems that operate similarly, with shorter range and worse accuracy.

6. True, but up until HIMARs, it wasn't necessary until you get close to the front lines. Given the well known supply chain issues afflicting the Russian Army, this means important resources being diverted from elsewhere.
Aug 1 2022 03:10pm
2. The fact that a great percentage of their precision munitions have been expended and are not easily replaceable due to chip shortages.

Based on what? CNN? The Russians running out of artillery is something we heard since first week of war. I can promise you if someone like Assad could go on 10+ years without running out of ammo then Russia has enough ammo, and can create enough to destroy Ukraine 5 times over.

Arestovich and bellingcat are not real.

3. They can, and their ammo depots are still being lit up. What does that tell you? That's it's not that important to protect the depots, or that it's harder than it seems?

Brain damge, you need to read better. They will disperse their ammo depots, and concentrated overwhelming of air-defense systems will become less and less valuable.

4. Yup. Ukraine still lacks air superiority, but Russia is still limited in its own power projection over Ukraine.

What? They just need to spot them and follow them and shoot anything at them. Plane is just 1 example.

5. Russia has zero systems equivalent to HIMARs. They have systems that operate similarly, with shorter range and worse accuracy.

Everything you said here is false. Tornado has a range of 200km and are more accurate than HIMAR's. Even the smerch is comparable to the himars, it is cheaper, has 120km range and is accurate enough. Besides russia has also a fuckton of long range missiles that are extremely accurate with ranges going into 2-3000km+

6. True, but up until HIMARs, it wasn't necessary until you get close to the front lines. Given the well known supply chain issues afflicting the Russian Army, this means important resources being diverted from elsewhere.

what the fuck even is this statement?

im done, your correct. Arestovich is a god. The only chance ukraine has at winning against russia is if putin doesn't address man-shortage(some degree of mobilization 200k vs 500k+ is not resonable), or he is satisfied with just taking donbass +crimea+kherson and having a settlement. Everything else anyone tells you is a straight up lie.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Aug 1 2022 03:14pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 1 2022 03:14pm
Quote (ownyaah @ 1 Aug 2022 22:03)
etc War is a massive combined effort. Artillery is one of the most crucial pieces, and russian artillery advantage is probably 20x the ukrs, even if they got 200 himras the russians would still have a massive artillery advantage.

Numbers advantage is not the same as range advantage or recon advantage. Russia clearly has a massive edge on numbers, but HIMARS give Ukraine the higher range (which Russia previously had, which was a key factor contributing to their capture of Sieverodonetsk and Lyssichansk). Likewise, the modern Western artillery at Ukraine's disposal has far higher precision than the Russian soviet-era tech.

You are of course right that 10 or 20 rocket launchers are not gonna turn the tide of the entire war - for instance, there's far too few of these system to fuel a Ukrainian counteroffensive on their own - their main purpose is to poke holes in Russia's logistics and thus slow down their advance in Donbass.
Aug 1 2022 03:16pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 1 2022 11:14pm)
Numbers advantage is not the same as range advantage or recon advantage. Russia clearly has a massive edge on numbers, but HIMARS give Ukraine the higher range (which Russia previously had, which was a key factor contributing to their capture of Sieverodonetsk and Lyssichansk). Likewise, the modern Western artillery at Ukraine's disposal has far higher precision than the Russian soviet-era tech.

You are of course right that 10 or 20 rocket launchers are not gonna turn the tide of the entire war - for instance, there's far too few of these system to fuel a Ukrainian counteroffensive on their own - their main purpose is to poke holes in Russia's logistics and thus slow down their advance in Donbass.

For every himars that the americans can give to ukraine, russia has a tornado which is more accurate and has longer range and they can hold 15/8/6 barrells.

The main issue of the russian army is man-shortage, which can be adressed if putin wants to. Everything else is fantasy. No matter how much Arestovich tells you, he is wrong about everything.

"tornado No. built More than 173 units in service", do you think america will give 40% of their inventory to ukraine? Even if they did, russia has enough to 1:1 it. This is without considering they can produce a fuckton more. And we aren't even talking about the fuckton of long-range missiles or even their stock of smerch..

There is no world where ukraine can win a war if russia solves their man-shortage.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Aug 1 2022 03:25pm
Aug 1 2022 03:30pm
I was being generous, it was 173 in service at 2018.

We know they built 25+ at 19. 20, 22. So I would estimate they have a minimum of 250, probably closer to 300. For comparsion the entire US army has 500 himars.

Even if the US gave 100% of their inventory, the russians would have far more systems because they have a lot of smerch as well. 100 smerch confirmed, but probably 200-300.

Wanna know something funny? Ukraine has 80 smerch launchers.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Aug 1 2022 03:33pm
Gold: 12,040.00
Aug 1 2022 03:34pm
Lol at people thinking a few HIMARS will change much. A few systems do nothing lol. You need batteries of MLRS systems to really do damage. On top of that, the front is very large so you would need dozens of such batteries defending key towns and cities. I think if that number was in the hundreds then it would be something noteworthy.
Aug 1 2022 03:35pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 1 2022 11:34pm)
Lol at people thinking a few HIMARS will change much. A few systems do nothing lol. You need batteries of MLRS systems to really do damage. On top of that, the front is very large so you would need dozens of such batteries defending key towns and cities. I think if that number was in the hundreds then it would be something noteworthy.

Exactly it would be noteworth if it was 250-300 of them, but it wouldn't be superior to the 250-300 tornado-s the russians have. It would just be equivalent if not less.

People really understimate how much weaponry and systems the russians have. They have used a very small portion of everything they have.

But arestovich tells them X or Y, then suddenly X or Y is god.

This post was edited by ownyaah on Aug 1 2022 03:37pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 1 2022 04:12pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Aug 1 2022 04:10pm)
Based on what? CNN? The Russians running out of artillery is something we heard since first week of war. I can promise you if someone like Assad could go on 10+ years without running out of ammo then Russia has enough ammo, and can create enough to destroy Ukraine 5 times over.

Arestovich and bellingcat are not real.

Brain damge, you need to read better. They will disperse their ammo depots, and concentrated overwhelming of air-defense systems will become less and less valuable.

What? They just need to spot them and follow them and shoot anything at them. Plane is just 1 example.

Everything you said here is false. Tornado has a range of 200km and are more accurate than HIMAR's. Besides russia has also a fuckton of long range missiles that are extremely accurate with ranges going into 2-3000km+

what the fuck even is this statement?

im done, your correct. Arestovich is a god. The only chance ukraine has at winning against russia is if putin doesn't address man-shortage(some degree of mobilization 200k vs 500k+ is not resonable), or he is satisfied with just taking donbass +crimea+kherson and having a settlement. Everything else anyone tells you is a straight up lie.

Precision munitions are generally missiles, not rockets. I didn't even come close to implying Russia was running out of artillery ammo. I'm clearly talking about missiles, like the Iskandr & Kh101, and older missiles originally thought to be retired from service like the Tochka-U.

Did I imply Russia wouldn't adapt? Or did I accurately assess that HIMARs put a big fucking kink in their logistics?

Sounds so simple, doesn't it?

Tornado's range is 2/3 of HIMARs, and there's nothing to indicate greater accuracy by Tornado. Fuckton of missiles? So why are the barrages abating?

What the fuck is it? Western analysts have long known that the ratio of supply vehicles to support independent brigades is too low for long supply lines. Each brigade is allotted a supply motor pool which has to provide all the food, ammo, clothing, fuel, gear, replacement parts, replacement troops, etc, and they've been set up to operate within maybe 20km of depots to provide this. This is because the force structure of the Russian army is predicated on fighting a defensive fight against NATO, so it doesn't anticipate outrunning its supply.

Awful mad over there.

/e ...and what has this war produced ample evidence of? Extremely poorly supplied Russians.

This post was edited by Santara on Aug 1 2022 04:15pm
Gold: 13.37
Aug 1 2022 10:50pm
If HIMARS is so precise then why you deny that it can hit a single barrack with Azovians without damaging others?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1113311341135113611374478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll