d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1112311241125112611274478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 175,091.69
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2022 03:11am
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 31 2022 10:27am)
Commodities price was already quite high before the war, and price has gone up with war outbreak, even before somebody even mentioned word "sanctions".
The beast is starving, yet the sanctions are not in full effect yet, Europe bans Russian oil in december and gas in like 2 years.
Of course Russia had a lot of saved gold, that they can keep spending for a while, but we are certainly going in the right direction.
Inflation is in big part because of money printing since 2008, and printing money was even bigger during covid, where the governments had to print money. Now the war obviously doesnt help, but for gods sake if we let Russia rebuild their evil empire, we will be in much bigger problems as a humanrace.

Which marvel movie did u like the most?
Gold: 47,364.00
Jul 31 2022 03:18am
Quote (ownyaah @ Jul 31 2022 10:11am)
Which marvel movie did u like the most?

to be fair i liked 300 and the marvel series, suspend belief and just go with simplistic visions of right and wrong. goodies are handsome and baddies are, well, this:

yep, looks like an orc.

the idea is that when you leave the cinema you employ your brain. sadly this is not possible for some people.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 31 2022 03:28am
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 31 2022 03:15am)
This is the war where both sides suffer heavy damages.
The winner is the one that suffers less damage, who will be able to keep fighting for longer time.
One or several towns that or another way doesnt matter very much. You need to look at a bigger picture of the war.
Civilians can be evacuated.
Ukrainians are smart, they play defensive war and keep their damages relatively low.
I just hope they dont switch to attack, as that would give defenders advantage to the Russians and Ukrainians will lose soldiers when attacking.

So far the Ukrainians are doing a good job, except for Kherson defense where there must have been some traitors who sold the city.

Assymetric warfare is rarely decided by who suffers more damage. The viet cong and taliban won in three wars despite suffering heavily lopsided losses. Ukraine can plausibly do the same, albeit with loss of territory.
But the propaganda claiming Ukrainian victories so far is contradicted by every report of Russian gains and Ukrainian retreats.
Jul 31 2022 03:30am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 31 2022 10:28am)
Assymetric warfare is rarely decided by who suffers more damage. The viet cong and taliban won in three wars despite suffering heavily lopsided losses. Ukraine can plausibly do the same, albeit with loss of territory.
But the propaganda claiming Ukrainian victories so far is contradicted by every report of Russian gains and Ukrainian retreats.

i was going to say something here, but I will leave it at: good post.
Gold: 175,091.69
Jul 31 2022 03:36am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 31 2022 11:28am)

Good examples, but they don't align perfectly because vietnam and afghanistan were continents away from the (country of) the main army, and the proxy troops were not particularly motivated. DPR forces look extremely motivated and are willing to fight to death, and Russian troops have a far more vested interest.

Afghani army was widely despised by both mostly the rural but also city populations for example

This post was edited by ownyaah on Jul 31 2022 03:38am
Jul 31 2022 03:43am
Quote (ownyaah @ Jul 31 2022 10:36am)
Good examples, but they don't align perfectly because vietnam and afghanistan were continents away from the (country of) the main army, and the proxy troops were not particularly motivated. DPR forces look extremely motivated and are willing to fight to death, and Russian troops have a far more vested interest.

Afghani army was widely despised by both mostly the rural but also city populations for example

just trying to tease this out:

DPR forces, by this you mean those aligned with Russia? and more critically Russian troops have a far more vested interest ? I dont understand, or rather, I dont agree with this comment. The safest option for my response is to side step your comment and say :

I would argue (which i believe is Goomshill's point) that Ukraine is the side which is highly motivated and has the greatest vested interested in what happens, in or to, Ukraine. And ukrainian people wholly support their armed forces, thus all the more reason to support that even with heavy losses, ukraine can prevail.

keep me on track if i erred anywhere there.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 31 2022 03:44am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 31 2022 03:53am
Quote (Norlander @ Jul 31 2022 02:25am)
For the likes of you I left a link to Wikipedia. Also you may try to read before posting your brain farts. You already proved that you know nothing about your own history, now you proved that you had not been in the army for a single day. Screw yourself.
Don't forget that this guy was bragging about killing a Russian.

Again, how in this particular scenario did these mines in your zombie opinion got there? And whats the point for ZSU mining central Donetsk ?
You don't even have a history, donetskiy vatnik, you sold your hole to russians long time ago like a cheap dirty blyat you are.
Jul 31 2022 04:00am
Quote (ownyaah @ Jul 31 2022 02:55am)
remote mines that are deployed from long-range by plane, mortar etc has been widely used since the 70's if i recall. They were extremely common in Vietnam for example, kids would get body parts mimed all the time. These versions aren't powerful enough to do any damage to military equpiment, they don't even kill people who detonate them, but they can easily take a limb or two.

Nowadays there are even anti-tank mines that can be shot with artillery into position.. RAAMS .ADAMS, etc

It is fine though, the russians shot these mines into central-donbass ofcourse.

Just a random brainwashed person with extremist views.

Ukraine has no aviation though russia destroyed it 10 times already, same as no strategical point at mining random streets of Donetsk.

Imo some shitty air defense work there per usual.
Jul 31 2022 04:06am
As expected russian orc swine has not allowed red cross to visit Olenivka facility

Despite all the claims russians shit themselves yet again, guess not all evidence has been destroyed.

Jul 31 2022 04:15am
Before and after the strikes at Olenivka

Only damage done is right where Ukrainian POWS where held nowhere else, only casualties are Ukrainian POWS

Ukraine executing its own pows with surgical strikes per usual ofc
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1112311241125112611274478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll