d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1110911101111111211134478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 27 2022 08:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 27 2022 09:08am)
i know ur pain, i made the joe biden thread and would get like 30 notifications a day.

You do know how to stop all those notifications, right?
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 27 2022 08:25am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 27 2022 09:15am)
You do know how to stop all those notifications, right?

YUP been turned off for some time now. but it was a rough few days lol
Gold: 47,354.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 27 2022 08:39am
i missed this previously as well (i understand it was posted here a month ago?) but someone helpfully posted it in another thread recently, so i will dump it here (again, apparently).

To put this into context, this video is from 2020.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 27 2022 08:40am
Jul 27 2022 10:07am
also, as most of us know, Russia's goals appear to be shifting in a specific direction. on that note i see this:

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia’s top diplomat said Moscow’s overarching goal in Ukraine is to free its people from its “unacceptable regime,” expressing the Kremlin’s war aims in some of the bluntest terms yet as its forces pummel the country with artillery barrages and airstrikes. The remark from Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov comes amid Ukraine’s efforts to resume grain exports from its Black Sea ports —something that would help ease global food shortages — under a new deal tested by a Russian strike on Odesa over the weekend. “We are determined to help the people of eastern Ukraine to liberate themselves from the burden of this absolutely unacceptable regime,” Lavrov said at an Arab League summit in Cairo late Sunday, referring to Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy’s government. Apparently suggesting that Moscow’s war aims extend beyond Ukraine’s industrial Donbas region in the east, Lavrov said: “We will certainly help the Ukrainian people to get rid of the regime, which is absolutely anti-people and anti-historical.”

Lavrov’s comments followed his warning last week that Russia plans to retain control over broader areas beyond eastern Ukraine, including the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions in the south, and will make more gains elsewhere.

full article here: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-kyiv-black-sea-arab-league-b5c583e8d057897cfdef6b407e113339

so in summary it looks like Russia wants to get rid of zelensky (in case anyone missed that). A quick google is telling me : Term length Five years, renewable once consecutively. elected 2019, now 2022. it really looks like he will still be in office in 2024 when his term expires (but subject to renew if win). my view is I do not see a cessation of war while zelensky is in office (this is not a chastisement but rather a stated view based on the positions as presented).

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 27 2022 10:20am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 27 2022 11:02am
Quote (ferdia @ 27 Jul 2022 18:07)
also, as most of us know, Russia's goals appear to be shifting in a specific direction. on that note i see this:

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia’s top diplomat said Moscow’s overarching goal in Ukraine is to free its people from its “unacceptable regime,” expressing the Kremlin’s war aims in some of the bluntest terms yet as its forces pummel the country with artillery barrages and airstrikes. The remark from Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov comes amid Ukraine’s efforts to resume grain exports from its Black Sea ports —something that would help ease global food shortages — under a new deal tested by a Russian strike on Odesa over the weekend. “We are determined to help the people of eastern Ukraine to liberate themselves from the burden of this absolutely unacceptable regime,” Lavrov said at an Arab League summit in Cairo late Sunday, referring to Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskyy’s government. Apparently suggesting that Moscow’s war aims extend beyond Ukraine’s industrial Donbas region in the east, Lavrov said: “We will certainly help the Ukrainian people to get rid of the regime, which is absolutely anti-people and anti-historical.”

Lavrov’s comments followed his warning last week that Russia plans to retain control over broader areas beyond eastern Ukraine, including the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions in the south, and will make more gains elsewhere.

full article here: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-kyiv-black-sea-arab-league-b5c583e8d057897cfdef6b407e113339

so in summary it looks like Russia wants to get rid of zelensky (in case anyone missed that). A quick google is telling me : Term length Five years, renewable once consecutively. elected 2019, now 2022. it really looks like he will still be in office in 2024 when his term expires (but subject to renew if win). my view is I do not see a cessation of war while zelensky is in office (this is not a chastisement but rather a stated view based on the positions as presented).

What Russia is imho signalling with statements like these is that they will not be satisfied until Ukraine is once again controlled by a Kremlin-aligned puppet government which turns Ukraine into a Russian satellite state.

Alternatively, this might be an early opening gambit for the negotiations over an eventual peace treaty. Upping the ante now, so that they can later argue that "abandoning our goal of regime change in Kyiv is a major concession", which allows them to demand a major concession from Ukraine in return (e.g. Ukraine relinquishing all claims over Crimea and the Donbass).

Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 27 2022 11:03am
Zelensky is no longer relevant, as soon as he sold his people out to his American masters and refused a peace settlement it was over for him. He will go down in history as a war criminal, a fraud, a coward who couldn't stand up to the US or his Nazi elements, and a traitor. Have fun with that Zelensky!
Jul 27 2022 11:39am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 27 2022 06:02pm)
What Russia is imho signalling with statements like these is that they will not be satisfied until Ukraine is once again controlled by a Kremlin-aligned puppet government which turns Ukraine into a Russian satellite state.

Alternatively, this might be an early opening gambit for the negotiations over an eventual peace treaty. Upping the ante now, so that they can later argue that "abandoning our goal of regime change in Kyiv is a major concession", which allows them to demand a major concession from Ukraine in return (e.g. Ukraine relinquishing all claims over Crimea and the Donbass).

im not sure on the bolded, but from a purely tactical standpoint that should be the russian goal.
i think crimea is off the table entirely and i dont see russia moving on the donbass position (i.e. they are going to try to keep it).

in my opinion.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 27 2022 12:08pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jul 27 2022 11:39am)
im not sure on the bolded, but from a purely tactical standpoint that should be the russian goal.
i think crimea is off the table entirely and i dont see russia moving on the donbass position (i.e. they are going to try to keep it).

in my opinion.

First of all, Russia will keep all the territory they have in Ukraine right now. Ukraine can't take it back anyway since their military is dead in the water, and secondly, Russia has come to understand that if they return *any* populated territories to Kiev, that these territories will suffer at the hands of Kiev's thugs, who will plunder, murder, torture, rape, and execute random civilians in those territories, who will be labeled traitors and Russian sympathizers. Meaning that politically for Putin, it is political suicide to return anything he's conquered thus far because the optics would be terrible, and it would mean dead civilians at the hands of Azov & friends.

Anyway, since Zelensky went full crackhead retard moron and sided with the US over his own people, they no longer have a reason to bother with negotiations. Russia can take as much territory as it wants, there are many more towns & villages left that are awaiting for Russia to liberate them and praying to God everyday Russia gets to them soon, to save them from the evils of the monsters in the Kiev regime/military, who have long ago abandoned any sense of humanity, and have embraced the path of being stonecold killers, rapists, and general barbaric scum that act like they were imported out of the dark ages. I hope Russia kills every single one of those pieces of shit. Let them pay for what they did to so many innocent people!
Gold: 13.37
Jul 27 2022 12:10pm
Quote (chopstickz777 @ 27 Jul 2022 21:08)
First of all, Russia will keep all the territory they have in Ukraine right now. Ukraine can't take it back anyway since their military is dead in the water, and secondly, Russia has come to understand that if they return *any* populated territories to Kiev, that these territories will suffer at the hands of Kiev's thugs, who will plunder, murder, torture, rape, and execute random civilians in those territories, who will be labeled traitors and Russian sympathizers. Meaning that politically for Putin, it is political suicide to return anything he's conquered thus far because the optics would be terrible, and it would mean dead civilians at the hands of Azov & friends.

Anyway, since Zelensky went full crackhead retard moron and sided with the US over his own people, they no longer have a reason to bother with negotiations. Russia can take as much territory as it wants, there are many more towns & villages left that are awaiting for Russia to liberate them and praying to God everyday Russia gets to them soon, to save them from the evils of the monsters in the Kiev regime/military, who have long ago abandoned any sense of humanity, and have embraced the path of being stonecold killers, rapists, and general barbaric scum that act like they were imported out of the dark ages. I hope Russia kills every single one of those pieces of shit. Let them pay for what they did to so many innocent people!

Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 27 2022 12:39pm
Quote (chopstickz777 @ Jul 27 2022 01:08pm)

What a steaming pile of shit.

Murder apologist huylo.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1110911101111111211134478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll