d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev11091101111121134498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 31,169.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 7 2022 07:49am
its only windy so far from a geopolitical standpoint. little good that does for Ukraine though.

To be quite frank Russia is not in the business of regime change, therefore they are not as skilled at it as other countries. Therefore they probably were not inclined to poison politicians in Ukraine en-mass (as is the MO when dealing with some individuals) but rather chose to invade.

To use an Analogy, they played a chess game with america, america opened and played "standard", winning pieces here and there. once the Black Queen was taken, Russia upended the table and the question now is, are they going to punch, pull out a knife, or pull out a gun, or continue with the game of chess and start from where they left off, or reset the game from a previous (or new) position.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 7 2022 07:56am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 7 2022 08:01am
Direct invasion (because proxy did not work well) like this is the first since last World War 70 years ago: a democratic free country, in euro area.

Some People would argue about Nato's anti-missile shields proximity with Russia but this is the sovereign choice of any country, and Russia is working on its own offensive weapons (hypersonic) since 20 years.

Russian people will eat galettes stuffed with dung soon, USSR is dead, which fucking piece of troll shit would want the Chinese model to apply in Europe ?
Gold: 63.70
Mar 7 2022 08:23am
Putin is more cancelled then the my pillow guy it seems
Gold: 107.77
Mar 7 2022 12:14pm
Gold: 63.70
Mar 7 2022 12:15pm
Listen to the first minute of this video, when Maria Bartiromo of Fox News Speaks, seems like Moderna is going to be in some huge trouble

https://rumble.com/vwlwsf-ep.-103-russiaukraine-canada-popcorn-acquittal-scotus-and-snooop-dogg-and-m.html
Mar 7 2022 12:21pm
I was suspended twice today from jsp for posting in this thread, specifically for providing a link to Irelands state broadcaster. I guess Fox News is allowed but different strokes different folkes. I wont provide any more links and will just say "google it". recommend that people open their mind before making their mind.

In other news I see that the EU is considering granting Nato membership to more states. That should go down great [ /sarcasm mode enabled ]

Quote (MSX98 @ Mar 7 2022 06:14pm)

there was a 2007 movie called charlie wilson's war. your image reminds me of that.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 7 2022 12:35pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 7 2022 12:32pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Mar 2022 10:24)
Never underestimate the western capacity for self-destructive incompetence. The migrant crisis in Syria that Putin exploited to fracture the EU only existed in the first place because there was an appetite to take in a flood of muslim migrants, leading the way for Eritreans and Ethiopians. A decade of crisis didn't temper western liberalism, it enflamed it and set it to the militant extremes we've seen in politics and geopolitics. I don't think western powers can ever be accused of acting in their self-interest in these conflicts. The same can't be said of Putin. But of Zelensky? He's an unknown element, he's never been a world power player or figure of international importance until a week ago. For all we know, he'd happily lead his people to their collective doom in the name of misguided idealism. Or maybe he's just one more cynical pragmatist willing to strike a deal with Russia like his predecessors. Right now, it seems like the former.

The European refugee crisis was driven by short-sighted idealism from the journalist and the activist classes, and by cynical opportunism among business leaders and industry-aligned politicians who thought they'd import a fresh batch of cheap labor. Take any of these groups out of the equation and the temporary pro-refugee-sentimentalism which prompted Merkel lose her fucking mind never materializes.

The current situaion is very different imho since the vast majority of corporations have nothing to gain from sanctions, soaring energy prices, the loss of a market and so on. Likewise, politicians have little to gain and a lot to lose if they lead their people into a winter (22/23) of freezing and hardship just to stick it to the Russians.

Regarding Zelensky: I might be wrong, but I think he's intentionally displaying unwavering resolve in his public appearances to keep morale of his troops and his people high. The way he constantly pleads for foreign help, however, shows that he's actually really desperate.

Side note: how the fuck could I butcher the word "wave" so badly I'm my previous post? Yikes.
Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 7 2022 12:43pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Mar 2022 10:33)
Another international angle is the Indian students who were in Ukraine studying abroad, which has obviously been a big deal for India. About 20,000 total. Many were evacuated through Poland already, about 16,000 and with many more flights en route. Some remain in Sumy. In the past few hours, Russia proposed opening yet another humanitarian corridor for civilians, this time exit routes leading east to Russia and Belarus from six major cities. Ukraine has rejected Russia's call for those humanitarian corridors and say they will not honor them, while demanding humanitarian corridors that lead to Lviv in the west.
Obviously Ukraine is not really in a position to dictate anything, Russia has them surrounded, and the move for these corridors is unilateral by Russia, but it also shows Ukraine's unwillingness to let any citizens escape to Russia or Belarus, and they may be attacked by Ukraine while trying to flee.

Also worth noting that Wang Yi, foreign minister, just gave a speech declaring that China's support and friendship with Russia is "rock solid", signaling a willingness to broker any ceasefire.

Sorry man, but that's a really disingenuous spin. Russia is has indeed attacked refugees trying to escape from besieged cities via humanitarian corridors in recent days, there's plenty of footage. Are there any reports of the Ukrainian side doing, or even having any plans to do, the same thing? You're trying to create a non-existing moral equivalence out of thin air to relativize Russian war crimes.

Quote (ferdia @ 7 Mar 2022 11:35)
meanwhile, China's news story - Economic Growth by the numbers: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202203/07/WS62253847a310cdd39bc8ab2e.html

AKA "carry on with your MAD schemes, we will just keep on doing our thing".

China just corrected its growth projections for this year downward:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/2022/03/04/china-sets-slowest-gdp-growth-target-in-more-than-30-years-as-challenges-mount/

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 7 2022 12:44pm
Mar 7 2022 01:03pm
probably because he is increasing their military spending.
Gold: 15,395.00
Mar 7 2022 01:12pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 7 2022 01:43pm)
Sorry man, but that's a really disingenuous spin. Russia is has indeed attacked refugees trying to escape from besieged cities via humanitarian corridors in recent days, there's plenty of footage. Are there any reports of the Ukrainian side doing, or even having any plans to do, the same thing? You're trying to create a non-existing moral equivalence out of thin air to relativize Russian war crimes.

China just corrected its growth projections for this year downward:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ywang/2022/03/04/china-sets-slowest-gdp-growth-target-in-more-than-30-years-as-challenges-mount/

When you encourage normal people to make Molotov's and pick up AK's what do you think the natural consequences are going to be? You think Russian soldiers or tanks are not going to fire on someone simply because they aren't wearing a uniform if they are resisting?

That was the problem some of us were pointing to. The longer this goes on, the higher the probability of this looking like a real war instead of surgical strikes to weaken key military targets it was in the beginning.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Mar 7 2022 01:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11091101111121134498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll