d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1109810991100110111024478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 22 2022 12:21pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 22 2022 09:58am)
I'm selfish and don't want want to risk my security by increasing the likelihood of nuclear war.

I think that's the wrong mentality. The risk is that we'd lose A LOT of troops and firepower in such an operation. Not only is losing Americans bad, but it could embolden China as well. The risk of nuclear war would be minimal whether or not we were in Ukraine.
Gold: 12,943.17
Jul 22 2022 02:18pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Jul 2022 19:41)
I wholly refute this statement. Russia is not acting, they are reacting.

in case im determined as a russian troll, go read and get educated.

They are reacting to what?
Russia has no right over Europe outside of their territory.
Central Europe has more people than whole Russia, yet for some reason people like you believe that Russia has some right over these democratic countries, maybe because soviets used to occupy and rape some of them in the past.
I fully refuse that kind of thinking. Its like saying white people have rights over black people because thats how it was in the past.
Im not saying you are Russian troll, but you really are cowardish.
Putin showed some tanks, and you get scared to death and want people to capitulate to them.
That kind of thinking led to Hitler taking nearly whole Europe. Forgot about it already?

This post was edited by Ironfister on Jul 22 2022 02:19pm
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 22 2022 02:51pm
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 22 2022 09:18pm)
They are reacting to what? - they are reacting to US aggression.
Russia has no right over Europe outside of their territory. - agree. yet in the real world the US uses their self appointed right every day over other countries. double standards ?
Central Europe has more people than whole Russia - yes and ?,
yet for some reason people like you believe that Russia has some right over these democratic countries - where did i say that ?
maybe because soviets used to occupy and rape some of them in the past - this is not my argument.
I fully refuse that kind of thinking. Its like saying white people have rights over black people because thats how it was in the past. - your missing my argument
Im not saying you are Russian troll, but you really are cowardish. - how ?
Putin showed some tanks, and you get scared to death and want people to capitulate to them. - this is your narrative not mine.
That kind of thinking led to Hitler taking nearly whole Europe. Forgot about it already? - well i see you forgot my comments re: godwins law, but to re-iterate them: any discussion that ends up using the hitler argument is just troll in my books

America has laws that prevent foreign powers from encroaching on them. Russia does not, it simply acts when foreign powers encroach on them. if you think that makes america right and russia wrong so be it. there is no point debating when you are not moving from your simplist position that russia invaded ergo all fault is russian. i can readily outline all the negatives of putin, the russian armed forces, the government, its inability as a nation to innovate, build, produce and step into the next century, the issues with its culture etc, yet i can still see how we got to today, and that was not via russian aggression alone. by all means carry on with your putin hitler commentary but i wont entertain you.

Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 22 2022 03:00pm
Quote (ferdia @ Jul 22 2022 10:51pm)
America has laws that prevent foreign powers from encroaching on them. Russia does not, it simply acts when foreign powers encroach on them. if you think that makes america right and russia wrong so be it. there is no point debating when you are not moving from your simplist position that russia invaded ergo all fault is russian. i can readily outline all the negatives of putin, the russian armed forces, the government, its inability as a nation to innovate, build, produce and step into the next century, the issues with its culture etc, yet i can still see how we got to today, and that was not via russian aggression alone. by all means carry on with your putin hitler commentary but i wont entertain you.

:thumbsup:
Jul 22 2022 03:23pm
Quote (ferdia @ 22 Jul 2022 22:51)

Ireland was neutral during ww2. You guys didnt consider it right to ally with the attacked nations, to stand against pure evil together. For you guys Hitler was a leader like others.
Now Im not surprised that you repeat this position with Putin.
But I ask you one question. If Europe falls to an evil dictator, either to Hitler or Putin or whoever, do you think such a guy would leave little neutral Ireland alone?
Of course not, he will attack your island too. And you will be 100% alone by then. Think about it.
Gold: 260.37
Jul 22 2022 03:38pm
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 22 2022 01:08pm)
If you do nothing, Russia grows in strength, while your europeans friends will faint, so it will in fact decrease your security and likelihood of nuclear war will actually grow.
You cannot just always run away from the bad guys, because you will run out of places to hide.

Have they grown in strength? If they attack the Baltics they'll get what's coming to them, but we haven't given Ukraine any guarantees, why is this the hill to die on?
Jul 22 2022 03:52pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 22 Jul 2022 23:38)
Have they grown in strength? If they attack the Baltics they'll get what's coming to them, but we haven't given Ukraine any guarantees, why is this the hill to die on?

Ukraine is a candidate to NATO, candidate to EU.
And this is the reason they were attacked.
While candidate is not a full membership yet, we should help them, if we want to be considered serious in the politics.

Also Im not sure what we will see in Baltics, if Russia attacks there. Do you think Germany will help there, given their position in current war and extensive connections with Russia? France? All French politics are friends with Russia. Turkey? I dont think so.
Remember there is always a secret diplomacy between countries. Officially Germany could be against Russian invasion in baltics, but unoficially via a secret channel send a message to Russia that they are fine with Russia actions.
About USA, current president is fine, but Trump wouldnt send Americans to help baltics, imo.
NATO could be pretty much over as a result. Putin might risk it. I dont know if he will, but that's on the table definitely.
Also it was part of deal with western countries that Ukraine have given out their nukes. When we made them give away their nukes, we should help them now. Else how do you expect other countries in the future to agree to give out their nukes, when they see it didnt go well for Ukraine?

Also if Russia eats Ukraine they get 40millions additional people. People that could be drafted to fight another war, as they currently do, trying to make Ukrainians fight other Ukrainians. People that could be heavily taxed also, and sent to Syberia and other unwelcoming areas of Russia.

This post was edited by Ironfister on Jul 22 2022 03:55pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 22 2022 04:24pm
A couple thousand orcs were surrounded in Vysokopillya. Russians are asking for a "green corridor" for active combatants to retreat. Ukraine has told them to piss off.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 22 2022 08:33pm
Quote (Santara @ Jul 22 2022 04:24pm)
A couple thousand orcs were surrounded in Vysokopillya. Russians are asking for a "green corridor" for active combatants to retreat. Ukraine has told them to piss off.

Look at you gobbling up more fairytales and propaganda. LOL.. it's hilarious. Keep it up bro, you literally live in fantasy land
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 22 2022 11:54pm
Russia is just going to kill more and more civilians until Ukraine acknowledges the truth of the situation. Unfortunately, there is only one end for this situation.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1109810991100110111024478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll