d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1109410951096109710984478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2022 07:18am
Quote (babun1024 @ Jul 19 2022 01:49pm)
What you say makes perfect sense until we arrive at the prosecutor position. What does she have to do with the military fighting in Donetsk or secret services? Highly suspect if you ask me. Even if members of the prosecutor office remained in occupied territories they aren't special services. Let's not forget that Selensky silenced any opposition per decree. As of now, nothing about Ukrainian government is democratic. He is a defacto dictator:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/23/hxae-j23.html

Another interesting news from my neighbour, some of Russia's progress at the front is attested to ........ bribing :lol: They're actively bribing officials in Ukrainian territory. I don't have a source to prove his claims but the claim is funny enough, most likely a lie though.

ehmmm to be honest it would not be hard for me to believe the claim re: bribing. i personally believe that bribing is rampant at all levels throughout this conflict, in ukraine, in a variety of forms and social structures. (i.e. also between russian and ukraine).

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 19 2022 07:19am
Gold: 12,943.17
Jul 19 2022 08:30am
Quote (babun1024 @ 19 Jul 2022 14:49)
What you say makes perfect sense until we arrive at the prosecutor position. What does she have to do with the military fighting in Donetsk or secret services? Highly suspect if you ask me. Even if members of the prosecutor office remained in occupied territories they aren't special services. Let's not forget that Selensky silenced any opposition per decree. As of now, nothing about Ukrainian government is democratic. He is a defacto dictator:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/23/hxae-j23.html

Nothing suspicious, just a manager fired for sins of some of her workers.
Zelensky wants all government officials, including prosecutors, to be loyal to the Ukraine.
This is manager responsibility to find traitors in their office, if she fails then she needs to be replaced with a new manager, hopefully better.
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2022 08:47am
Look, I am a skeptic of Zelensky as well, he was elected based on his promise to mend ties with Russia except from day 1 he instead prepared for war. Your right, removing authorities and people with different views/opinions/outlooks/disagree with, is another step towards a totalitarian state. however the fact of the matter is ukraine is literally fighting for its survival as an independant nation state against one of the largest "superpowers" on the planet, and therefore a degree of latitude should be awarded to zelensky. i am in the camp of the above, namely that if a leader fails in a task then he/she needs to be replaced by new management that will hopefully do the job better. Its zelensky's job to make hard decisions, unpopular decisions, but decisions that will support the goal of protecting his nation.

understand as well that democracy is a idealistic view but it is not the only way to govern a country. companies and institutions are not democracies yet for the most part they still manage to make money. i dont have a hang up if ukraine turns into a dictatorship during the war, in war time you need a united front. the question will be after the war what will become of ukraine. thats still far off in a timeline of events, with alot of other things to happen beforehand.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 19 2022 08:52am
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 19 2022 08:48am
Quote (Ironfister @ 19 Jul 2022 16:30)
Nothing suspicious, just a manager fired for sins of some of her workers.
Zelensky wants all government officials, including prosecutors, to be loyal to the Ukraine.
This is manager responsibility to find traitors in their office, if she fails then she needs to be replaced with a new manager, hopefully better.

But do we actually know that all Ukrainian government officials in Russian territory cooperate with the occupiers because of corruption or treasonous sympathies? Imho, it's perfectly plausible that some, if not most, of them are fearing for their life. Zelensky trying to go ham and launch some sort of purging on behaviour which might well be a sheer necessity for survival seems counterproductive and yet again sheds a bad light on Zelensky's authoritarian predisposition.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 19 2022 08:51am
the whole Zelensky victim blaming narrative is pretty gross tbh, if he made mistakes he made mistakes, but the invasion purges them from importance. Russia could have chose to take their case to the UN, instead they invaded and are killing many people.

no one thinks that the afghan war's casualties are OK because 9-11 happened, we fucked up.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 19 2022 09:23am
Quote (thesnipa @ 19 Jul 2022 16:51)
the whole Zelensky victim blaming narrative is pretty gross tbh, if he made mistakes he made mistakes, but the invasion purges them from importance. Russia could have chose to take their case to the UN, instead they invaded and are killing many people.

no one thinks that the afghan war's casualties are OK because 9-11 happened, we fucked up.

Sure, the narrative that Zelensky is a corrupt warmonger and that it is actually his stubbornness which is to blame for this war - that's bullcrap and nothing but Russian propaganda. This does not, however, absolve him from the responsibility for various very authoritarian actions and messaging he put out. Even a couple of months ago, there was a report that Zelensky was labelling various generals who had been defeated on the battlefield as "traitors". Now, he's doing the same with officials whose underlings in Russia-occupied territory, far away from their control or authority, are cooperating with the Russian occupiers who are now in charge of their cities.

Look, I get that Zelensky is under immense pressure, he's literally fighting for the survival of his country, so I'm willing to cut him a LOT of slack. But it still rings my alarm bells when a wartime leader starts calling everyone who fails him a "traitor". Something similar has happened on countless occasions throughout history - and it always ended badly.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 19 2022 09:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 19 2022 09:23am)
Sure, the narrative that Zelensky is a corrupt warmonger and that it is actually his stubbornness which is to blame for this war - that's bullcrap and nothing but Russian propaganda. This does not, however, absolve him from the responsibility for various very authoritarian actions and messaging he put out. Even a couple of months ago, there was a report that Zelensky was labelling various generals who had been defeated on the battlefield as "traitors". Now, he's doing the same with officials whose underlings in Russia-occupied territory, far away from their control or authority, are cooperating with the Russian occupiers who are now in charge of their cities.

Look, I get that Zelensky is under immense pressure, he's literally fighting for the survival of his country, so I'm willing to cut him a LOT of slack. But it still rings my alarm bells when a wartime leader starts calling everyone who fails him a "traitor". Something similar has happened on countless occasions throughout history - and it always ended badly.

You are bullcrap and Russian propaganda tbh

Still haven't addressed a single one of my points, because you can't, all you can do is drone on infinitely with your think tank-guzzled trash opinions
Jul 19 2022 09:33am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 19 2022 10:23am)

this still all reeks of a woman who's wearing barely any clothes getting raped and people discussing how much cleavage she was showing.

this is likely due to everyone other than chopsdiks agreeing russia = bad so the topic has gone stale.

in any case im reading he fired the 2 "traitor" generals, one of which fled the other of which was defeated and offered little resistance. this being in the first theater of war where russia was still wearing kiddie gloves. when he starts hanging people on live TV because they brought him the wrong soup let me know.

Naumov is believed to have fled Ukraine right before Russia’s invasion began Feb. 24, while Kryvoruchko’s Kherson region was among the first areas to fall to Russian forces, offering little resistance, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 19 2022 09:58am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 19 2022 09:33am)
this still all reeks of a woman who's wearing barely any clothes getting raped and people discussing how much cleavage she was showing.

this is likely due to everyone other than chopsdiks agreeing russia = bad so the topic has gone stale.

in any case im reading he fired the 2 "traitor" generals, one of which fled the other of which was defeated and offered little resistance. this being in the first theater of war where russia was still wearing kiddie gloves. when he starts hanging people on live TV because they brought him the wrong soup let me know.

Well because the vast majority of people are brainless sheep who long ago lost the ability to think for themselves, of course the idiots think russia = bad and don't question the fact that they are siding with degenerate NeoNazi filth guilty of killing 14,000 of their own nation's citizens before Russia even stepped into the conflict lol

But don't let little things like that get in the way of supporting Eastern European fascists & Bandera worshippers!
Jul 19 2022 10:04am
Quote (chopstickz777 @ Jul 19 2022 10:58am)
Well because the vast majority of people are brainless sheep who long ago lost the ability to think for themselves, of course the idiots think russia = bad and don't question the fact that they are siding with degenerate NeoNazi filth guilty of killing 14,000 of their own nation's citizens before Russia even stepped into the conflict lol

But don't let little things like that get in the way of supporting Eastern European fascists & Bandera worshippers!

The high end of the estimates puts Ukrainian civilian casualties at 28k, twice what you claim Ukraine killed. and that's just civilians, and thats just so far.

human rights issues go to the UN, you dont waltz in and kill 2x what you claim have already been killed to "fix it".

honest question, if say 100k ukrainian civilians die in order to remove Zelensky will you still support the invasion? is there any number that will cause you to change your mind? 1 million?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1109410951096109710984478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll