d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1109310941095109610974478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Jul 18 2022 07:14am
Why should you train Ukrainian pilots or get Ukrainian speaking pilots when you can use your own pilots since pilots usually don't survive? It worked like a charm in Vietnam for USSR and I have no doubts it's working now for US in Ukraine.
Gold: 12,943.17
Jul 18 2022 11:42am
Quote (Norlander @ 18 Jul 2022 15:14)
Why should you train Ukrainian pilots or get Ukrainian speaking pilots when you can use your own pilots since pilots usually don't survive? It worked like a charm in Vietnam for USSR and I have no doubts it's working now for US in Ukraine.

Sometimes they survive, they can eject themselves out of the burning plane.
Also can be potentially identified after death? Not sure if Russia is capable of that.
And that would be cheating american citizens. Dual citizenship is maximum possible bend of rules imo.
Gold: 13.37
Jul 18 2022 01:27pm
Quote (Ironfister @ 18 Jul 2022 20:42)
Sometimes they survive, they can eject themselves out of the burning plane.
Also can be potentially identified after death? Not sure if Russia is capable of that.
And that would be cheating american citizens. Dual citizenship is maximum possible bend of rules imo.

Won't be the first time of cheating
Gold: 14,158.00
Jul 18 2022 01:29pm
Russians are now in the process of taking Seversk. Another domino to fall. One of many, and there will be many more
Gold: 7,383.00
Jul 19 2022 04:01am
Another update from my neighbour for whoever might be interested. He says or better said his contact in Russia says their army is mostly facing conscripts from streets with no previous combat experience or hardly any training who are pushed by trained commanders from behind towards the frontlines. It means if they turn back they're shot by their own. Russian forces adapted for a change a minimal casualty strategy. Those conscripts aren't a threat so they kill 300-500 of them every day and slowly move forward. The reason is Ukraine is numerically superior with their meat shield tactics but they can't push back fortified Russian position or retake anything like the media says. So basically, 300-500 men die for no reason every single day to keep up the war facade. Selensky's team is falling apart. He fired his friends and other close collaborators.
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2022 04:26am
Quote (babun1024 @ Jul 19 2022 11:01am)
Another update from my neighbour for whoever might be interested. He says or better said his contact in Russia says their army is mostly facing conscripts from streets with no previous combat experience or hardly any training who are pushed by trained commanders from behind towards the frontlines. It means if they turn back they're shot by their own. Russian forces adapted for a change a minimal casualty strategy. Those conscripts aren't a threat so they kill 300-500 of them every day and slowly move forward. The reason is Ukraine is numerically superior with their meat shield tactics but they can't push back fortified Russian position or retake anything like the media says. So basically, 300-500 men die for no reason every single day to keep up the war facade. Selensky's team is falling apart. He fired his friends and other close collaborators.

i treat the above paragraph as propaganda. you should fact check and provide sources if making claims like this, or alternatively you should provide alternative accounts or contrasting accounts. finally the highlighted has alot of nuances to it and to my mind is not factually correct. Ukraine ever had close ties with Russia. either Zelensky is doing a power grab OR he has enough evidence to support a shake up of these institutions because for sure some institutions would have elements that are pro-russian.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 19 2022 04:29am
Jul 19 2022 04:50am
Quote (ferdia @ Jul 19 2022 12:26pm)
i treat the above paragraph as propaganda. you should fact check and provide sources if making claims like this, or alternatively you should provide alternative accounts or contrasting accounts. finally the highlighted has alot of nuances to it and to my mind is not factually correct. Ukraine ever had close ties with Russia. either Zelensky is doing a power grab OR he has enough evidence to support a shake up of these institutions because for sure some institutions would have elements that are pro-russian.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/17/europe/zelensky-fires-top-officials-intl/index.html
He also fired top investigator in the Butcha case. Call it whatever you want, a power grab or eberything falling apart but Ukrainian government as a whole is compromised as if now.
Gold: 12,943.17
Jul 19 2022 05:13am
Quote (babun1024 @ 19 Jul 2022 12:50)
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/17/europe/zelensky-fires-top-officials-intl/index.html
He also fired top investigator in the Butcha case. Call it whatever you want, a power grab or eberything falling apart but Ukrainian government as a whole is compromised as if now.

A manager has responsibility for his whole department.
If there were some wrong things going on in his department, then the manager usually has to go.
Even if it wasnt his fault.
Its not always fair for these managers, but its life, not always fair.
A high level manager is supposed to be a top of the top, if president Zelenski thinks the manager is not top of top anymore, he is dismissed.
Saying that the whole government is compromized because of that is simply wrong.
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2022 06:30am
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 19 2022 12:13pm)
If there were some wrong things going on in his department, then the manager usually has to go.
A high level manager is supposed to be a top of the top, if president Zelenski thinks the manager is not top of top anymore, he is dismissed.
Saying that the whole government is compromized because of that is simply wrong.

i disagree with alot of what you say here, but this i agree with. ultimately, if the top cant fix the bottom, then a new top should be pulled in. for now thats the view i am taking on these changes in position (re: sackings).
Jul 19 2022 06:49am
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 19 2022 01:13pm)

What you say makes perfect sense until we arrive at the prosecutor position. What does she have to do with the military fighting in Donetsk or secret services? Highly suspect if you ask me. Even if members of the prosecutor office remained in occupied territories they aren't special services. Let's not forget that Selensky silenced any opposition per decree. As of now, nothing about Ukrainian government is democratic. He is a defacto dictator:
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/23/hxae-j23.html
Quote (ferdia @ Jul 19 2022 02:30pm)
i disagree with alot of what you say here, but this i agree with. ultimately, if the top cant fix the bottom, then a new top should be pulled in. for now thats the view i am taking on these changes in position (re: sackings).

Another interesting news from my neighbour, some of Russia's progress at the front is attested to ........ bribing :lol: They're actively bribing officials in Ukrainian territory. I don't have a source to prove his claims but the claim is funny enough, most likely a lie though.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Jul 19 2022 06:59am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1109310941095109610974478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll