d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1109110921093109410954478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,943.17
Jul 17 2022 03:57pm
Quote (chopstickz777 @ 17 Jul 2022 19:50)
Dude you are a brainwashed Polish guy, a country which has been totally brainwashed to the core to hate Russia and disregard all logic and all common sense. The posts you've made here are proof of this, as they have been totally disconnected from reality since day one.

You are cheap pawns doing the bidding of the elites in regards to your actions in support of Ukraine. Just like how these same elites have used the Ukrainian people as a sacrifice to do some minor harm to Russia. It's funny because the Ukrainians are pretty much dying for nothing(...)

You are either:
a) paid Russian troll or
b) a guy who read and watch false Russian propaganda.

Im 35+ years old, I was born in a Poland under Russian occupation. Trust me, it wasnt good. We used to earn like 20usd monthly. Thankfully the USSR and Russia-occupied Poland bankrupted and we get our freedom back.
Poland wanted to be friends with Russia in the 18th century. But it didnt work out, they ate our country instead.
Since then my country history is about fighting back Russia (with a minor episode fighting nazists). We only gained our freedom like 30 years ago.
We know what USSR was, in an empire like this humans arent important. And I know it not because I read an internet post about it, but because I lived in USSR occupied country as a small kid, have some own memories, and have a lot of little bit older family who remember it better than I do.
Only thing that matters is amount of weapons, tanks, artillery, ammunition, so they can attack and enslave more countries. USSR doesnt care about people wealth, luxury, health, environment. This is sick, evil empire seriously.
IMO Gorbatschov and early Jelcyn were decent people who wanted to change their country, I admit it, but failed and now Russia is once again like USSR, just half of it.

The Ukrainians arent fighting for nothing. They have already gained official EU candidate status due to their actions during war (gain 1).
One of the problems for Ukrainians is that they used USSR weaponry, and get pretty much out of artillery ammo, with very limited factory capabilities outside Russia.
Now they have trained and gained some of NATO weaponry. A weaponry they will not run out of ammo, because NATO has huge factories (gain 2).
I dont know what will happen after the war, for me its unlikely Ukraine will get full NATO membership, but I think there will be some kind of mini-NATO deal: Central Europe (including Poland and Ukraine), USA, UK (gain 3).
Ukrainians see what happened in Poland, our countries were on the same level in 1990, now we joined EU and things are better, while they dont change at all for people in Ukraine/Russia/Belarus.
This is a kind of soft power, magnet that western world have.

Quote (chopstickz777 @ 17 Jul 2022 19:50)

When you have one side - Russia - that is slowly taking territory and inflicting massive losses on the other side every week, while Ukraine can merely hang on here and there for a short time while inflicting significantly less losses on Russian forces than what they are taking, it means that they simply have no way to win. Russia will just keep chipping away and taking ground day by day, week by week and month by month, for literally years if they have to, all the way up until they reach the border with Poland and all of Ukraine becomes Russia..

I already told you that the casaulties are now pretty much equal, why you dont listen?
Russia takes 1% terrain in 3 months, which is small gains, but Russia loses their soldiers and equipment. Both sides bleed at this war, I dont know who will stand longer. I hope for Ukraine, but I cant be sure.

We will see how good will Russia do and how long they can keep the war effort. So far they have classified all informations about their country. So it looks like they arent doing good.
The west is still sending Russia coffins full of gold, as a payment for resources. Its understable: we cant make energy switch in one year. We cant even get gas from USA because there arent enough ships available this year to transfer it, and not enough gas-ports ready in USA.
But as we slowly get another sources of energy, either our own or from USA, the Russians income will decrease greatly.
So IMO the Russia will be fine for like a year of war, but will start having serious troubles after.
Gold: 13.37
Jul 17 2022 04:36pm
Poland wanted to be friends with Russia in the 18th century. But it didnt work out

Guess why.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Moscow_(1612)
Jul 17 2022 05:10pm
Quote (Norlander @ 18 Jul 2022 00:36)

Russians attacked Inflants 50 years before that.
Jul 17 2022 06:13pm
Quote (Ironfister @ 18 Jul 2022 02:10)
Russians attacked Inflants 50 years before that.

Livonia (Eesti). Great. Tartu. Former Yuriev. Founded by Yaroslav the Wise, prince of Kyev, grand ancestor of Ivan the Terrible who attacked Livonia 50 years before Poles burnt Moscow. For Russians and Ukrainians you, Poles, are no better than mongols or german nazis. Let's dig into stone age where everyone is friendly and smelling the flowers :)
Jul 18 2022 01:50am
Quote (Norlander @ 18 Jul 2022 02:13)
Livonia (Eesti). Great. Tartu. Former Yuriev. Founded by Yaroslav the Wise, prince of Kyev, grand ancestor of Ivan the Terrible who attacked Livonia 50 years before Poles burnt Moscow. For Russians and Ukrainians you, Poles, are no better than mongols or german nazis. Let's dig into stone age where everyone is friendly and smelling the flowers :)

Its true that the past was often complicated between nations, but now Polish and Ukrainian people like each other very much.
Nobody in Poland wants Ukraine lands anymore, just as nobody in Ukraine wants polish lands.
Borders between us are fixed since WW2, 80 years ago, this is like 3-4 generations passed already, nobody questions them.
About Russians, Putin is pure evil so I dont really care what he says.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 40%
Jul 18 2022 02:32am
Quote (Ironfister @ Jul 18 2022 09:57am)
You are either:
a) paid Russian troll or
b) a guy who read and watch false Russian propaganda.

Im 35+ years old, I was born in a Poland under Russian occupation. Trust me, it wasnt good. We used to earn like 20usd monthly. Thankfully the USSR and Russia-occupied Poland bankrupted and we get our freedom back.
Poland wanted to be friends with Russia in the 18th century. But it didnt work out, they ate our country instead.
Since then my country history is about fighting back Russia (with a minor episode fighting nazists). We only gained our freedom like 30 years ago.
We know what USSR was, in an empire like this humans arent important. And I know it not because I read an internet post about it, but because I lived in USSR occupied country as a small kid, have some own memories, and have a lot of little bit older family who remember it better than I do.
Only thing that matters is amount of weapons, tanks, artillery, ammunition, so they can attack and enslave more countries. USSR doesnt care about people wealth, luxury, health, environment. This is sick, evil empire seriously.
IMO Gorbatschov and early Jelcyn were decent people who wanted to change their country, I admit it, but failed and now Russia is once again like USSR, just half of it.

The Ukrainians arent fighting for nothing. They have already gained official EU candidate status due to their actions during war (gain 1).
One of the problems for Ukrainians is that they used USSR weaponry, and get pretty much out of artillery ammo, with very limited factory capabilities outside Russia.
Now they have trained and gained some of NATO weaponry. A weaponry they will not run out of ammo, because NATO has huge factories (gain 2).
I dont know what will happen after the war, for me its unlikely Ukraine will get full NATO membership, but I think there will be some kind of mini-NATO deal: Central Europe (including Poland and Ukraine), USA, UK (gain 3).
Ukrainians see what happened in Poland, our countries were on the same level in 1990, now we joined EU and things are better, while they dont change at all for people in Ukraine/Russia/Belarus.
This is a kind of soft power, magnet that western world have.

I already told you that the casaulties are now pretty much equal, why you dont listen?
Russia takes 1% terrain in 3 months, which is small gains, but Russia loses their soldiers and equipment. Both sides bleed at this war, I dont know who will stand longer. I hope for Ukraine, but I cant be sure.

We will see how good will Russia do and how long they can keep the war effort. So far they have classified all informations about their country. So it looks like they arent doing good.
The west is still sending Russia coffins full of gold, as a payment for resources. Its understable: we cant make energy switch in one year. We cant even get gas from USA because there arent enough ships available this year to transfer it, and not enough gas-ports ready in USA.
But as we slowly get another sources of energy, either our own or from USA, the Russians income will decrease greatly.
So IMO the Russia will be fine for like a year of war, but will start having serious troubles after.

Isn't Poland the most abused country in Europe? Pretty sure any major conflict that has existed since mankind Poland has been a door mat and a shit bucket?
Gold: 47,204.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 18 2022 03:03am
News being reported in Ireland:

(RTE)Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has sacked his chief prosecutor and the head of the country's security agency in the largest government shake-up since the start of Russia's invasion nearly five months ago. Mr Zelensky said he was firing Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova and security chief Ivan Bakanov amid a high number of cases of suspected treason by Ukrainian law enforcement officials. "Today, I made the decision of relieving of their duties the prosecutor general and the head of Ukraine's security service," Mr Zelensky said in his daily address to the nation. Mr Zelensky said over 650 cases of suspected treason and aiding and abetting Russia by Ukrainian security officials are currently being investigated, including 60 cases of officials who have remained in territories occupied by Russia and are working against Ukraine.

same story, worded slightly differently in England:

(BBC) President Volodymyr Zelensky has suspended the head of Ukraine's spy agency (SBU) and the prosecutor general, citing many cases of treason in the two powerful organisations. full blurb here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62202078 (more info then the irish site).

same story running with Al Jazeera "President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he fired the officials over many cases of collaboration with Russia among their agencies’ member."

probably true on the face of it. will have to see who they are replaced by.

This post was edited by ferdia on Jul 18 2022 03:09am
Jul 18 2022 03:40am
Quote (addone @ 18 Jul 2022 10:32)
Isn't Poland the most abused country in Europe? Pretty sure any major conflict that has existed since mankind Poland has been a door mat and a shit bucket?

Hi,
That could be true, lol
A medium sized country placed between bigger Russia and Germany didnt have an easy time in history :)
Also Poland was relatively liberal country in the medieval times, and liberal countries dont have huge armies, its an additional magnet to attack.
But I dont blame our neighbours, these were different times, different people. Nowadays Europeans are peaceful people.
Im just glad NATO accepted us and now our position is much better than in the past.
Now the only risk is Russia, and it aint that big because today Russia is half of once powerful USSR.
Jul 18 2022 03:55am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Jul 2022 11:03)

(BBC) President Volodymyr Zelensky has suspended the head of Ukraine's spy agency (SBU) and the prosecutor general, citing many cases of treason in the two powerful organisations. full blurb here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62202078 (more info then the irish site).

same story running with Al Jazeera "President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he fired the officials over many cases of collaboration with Russia among their agencies’ member."

Please note it doesnt mean that head of spy agency and general prosecutor were traitors, only that they failed to find and fire all traitors in their "company".
Russia has many spies and agents in Ukraine, also ussr was occupying Ukraine for a long time.
Chiefs were fired, but Im not sure that anyone else would do a better job.
Jul 18 2022 04:08am
Quote (ferdia @ 18 Jul 2022 12:03)

(RTE)Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has sacked his chief prosecutor and the head of the country's security agency in the largest government shake-up since the start of Russia's invasion nearly five months ago. Mr Zelensky said he was firing Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova and security chief Ivan Bakanov amid a high number of cases of suspected treason by Ukrainian law enforcement officials. "Today, I made the decision of relieving of their duties the prosecutor general and the head of Ukraine's security service," Mr Zelensky said in his daily address to the nation. Mr Zelensky said over 650 cases of suspected treason and aiding and abetting Russia by Ukrainian security officials are currently being investigated, including 60 cases of officials who have remained in territories occupied by Russia and are working against Ukraine.

same story, worded slightly differently in England:

That's good news for Ukraine. Zelensky finally started doing something important.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1109110921093109410954478Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll