d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1107210731074107510764475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jun 28 2022 12:57pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 01:54pm)
I already did. You've concocted a ficticious story about Russia attempting to capture or control Kiev when they've done no such thing. You've come up with excuses to why that is. Simple questions like, "Why wouldn't the Russians target the government infrastructure, government officials, and military infrastructure of Kiev if they wanted to take control of it? Why would they only seek control of an Airport that Ukraine's government could use to ferry troops into Donbas? Why would they park artillary 9 miles away from a city they're trying to conquer?"

If your logic requires complete and absolute stupidity on every level, a level of ineptitude that beggars even our withdrawal from Afghanistan, there comes a point where you need to reassess your willful enthusiasm to buy into warmongering propaganda. Meanwhile, while you point at Kiev, the Russian advance in Donbas continues without pause, the governments of the two Independent Republics involved are reclaiming the outposts and bases of the Asov Nazis that've been torturing and killing their citizens for the last 8 years, and there isn't shit Ukraine can do about it. :)

You're only lying to yourself, Bob. They did target Kyiv, and the Ukrainian response, along with their own structural failures, held them in check. The airport was the jump off point to expand into the rest of the city. Are you fucking dense?

/e and stop with the fucking moronic notion that the Kyiv airport was a viable option for sending Ukrainian troops into Donbas in the face of massive Russian anti-air capability. The only thing the airport was going to be viable for militarily was bringing more Russians into Kyiv to consolidate control of the whole city.

This post was edited by Santara on Jun 28 2022 12:59pm
Jun 28 2022 01:05pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 28 2022 01:53pm)
I don't think there's any evidence Russia intended to invest forces into an assault on Kiev proper and had it thwarted by logistics or obstacles. If that was the case, they would have committed forces and been repelled. Instead they took the airport and their convoy stopped and waited and turned around. They clearly had an order to hold, an order to retreat. They weren't hitting random areas and being fragmented and bogged down in street fighting, they were just sitting there. Theres a big difference between that and a botched attack. It was probably an attempt to fish for a total cakewalk and then pulling back when it didn't unfold, whether that was the original intent or changing their plan on the fly

I don't have time for intellectual dishonesty.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 28 2022 01:24pm
Quote (Santara @ Jun 28 2022 02:05pm)
I don't have time for intellectual dishonesty.

Theres a huge difference between taking the airport and committing their major ground forces. They didn't. It would have been a bloodbath and mostly on the ukrainian side. They neither tried to assault Kiev proper nor siege it with a protracted blockade. The only sensible analysis is that they were staged in the hopes of a blitz to decapitate Ukraine inmediately, which was aborted. And that leaves us to wonder if it was a failed gambit or a miscalculation that got scuttled. Its a subtle but meaningful distinction.

If Putin had wanted it, Kiev would look like Mariupol right now. Russia clearly chose not to attempt it
Gold: 6,061.70
Jun 28 2022 01:25pm
Quote (Santara @ 28 Jun 2022 11:57)
You're only lying to yourself, Bob. They did target Kyiv, and the Ukrainian response, along with their own structural failures, held them in check. The airport was the jump off point to expand into the rest of the city. Are you fucking dense?

/e and stop with the fucking moronic notion that the Kyiv airport was a viable option for sending Ukrainian troops into Donbas in the face of massive Russian anti-air capability. The only thing the airport was going to be viable for militarily was bringing more Russians into Kyiv to consolidate control of the whole city.

Then why did the Russians never use the Kiev airport to ferry in troops and equipment to said airport? Why would no attempt ever be made? Why were there no sightings of Antonov An-124's heading toward Kiev? Part of the reason the airport is classed as military, as well as civilian, is it IS fully capable of supporting such massive levels of troop and equipment transport.

Once again, nothing you say makes sense. Russia has stated it's objectives. None of it's objectives include the capture or control of Kiev, or the collapse of the Ukrainian government. Nor is there any evidence they have tried. Outside of taking control of an airport, no assault has been made on Kiev, only a very obvious and visible threat was parked outside Kiev so they would not funnel their city's defenses into the Donbas. It's a very clear strategy, which the Russians have been using in offensive warfare for over a thousand years.

Once again, actions speak louder than words. The actions of Russia mirror their words. The actions of Russia do not in any way shape or form support the words of you, or Zelensky.

Funny how incredibly focused you are on this regional conflict though, when it in no way touches on the national security or economic stability of the US. Russia could turn Ukraine to glass, and we'd be fine. We've harmed our own economic stability via the sanctions we've placed against Russia. Care to tell us how that's been worth it? Kind of curious, since you seem so proficient in spaghetti-logic. :)
Jun 28 2022 01:26pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 28 2022 02:24pm)
Theres a huge difference between taking the airport and committing their major ground forces. They didn't. It would have been a bloodbath and mostly on the ukrainian side. They neither tried to assault Kiev proper nor siege it with a protracted blockade. The only sensible analysis is that they were staged in the hopes of a blitz to decapitate Ukraine inmediately, which was aborted. And that leaves us to wonder if it was a failed gambit or a miscalculation that got scuttled. Its a subtle but meaningful distinction.

If Putin had wanted it, Kiev would look like Mariupol right now. Russia clearly chose not to attempt it

They did, and the fighting around Kyiv was intense. They played out their very own very of Market Garden. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Market_Garden
Jun 28 2022 01:28pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 02:25pm)
Then why did the Russians never use the Kiev airport to ferry in troops and equipment to said airport? Why would no attempt ever be made? Why were there no sightings of Antonov An-124's heading toward Kiev? Part of the reason the airport is classed as military, as well as civilian, is it IS fully capable of supporting such massive levels of troop and equipment transport.

Once again, nothing you say makes sense. Russia has stated it's objectives. None of it's objectives include the capture or control of Kiev, or the collapse of the Ukrainian government. Nor is there any evidence they have tried. Outside of taking control of an airport, no assault has been made on Kiev, only a very obvious and visible threat was parked outside Kiev so they would not funnel their city's defenses into the Donbas. It's a very clear strategy, which the Russians have been using in offensive warfare for over a thousand years.

Once again, actions speak louder than words. The actions of Russia mirror their words. The actions of Russia do not in any way shape or form support the words of you, or Zelensky.

Funny how incredibly focused you are on this regional conflict though, when it in no way touches on the national security or economic stability of the US. Russia could turn Ukraine to glass, and we'd be fine. We've harmed our own economic stability via the sanctions we've placed against Russia. Care to tell us how that's been worth it? Kind of curious, since you seem so proficient in spaghetti-logic. :)

Because they were stopped from gaining control.

If I don't make sense to you, then that is your own shortcoming Bob. Any basic student of history can understand what I'm saying.
Gold: 6,061.70
Jun 28 2022 01:31pm
Quote (Santara @ 28 Jun 2022 12:28)
Because they were stopped from gaining control.

If I don't make sense to you, then that is your own shortcoming Bob. Any basic student of history can understand what I'm saying.

Need to get back to work, and your ignorance is so mind-blowing it's nothing but cheap entertainment. I shouldn't be spending my time laughing at you, so for now, I'll stop.

BTW, I would love to be your enemy. You're so blatantly ignorant of strategy and tactics, even those used over the course of thousands of years, you're perfectly willing to claim stupidity on the part of your enemy rather than believe for a moment that their intent simply isn't what you claim it is.

Once again, what was said about underestimating your enemy? :)
Jun 28 2022 01:39pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 02:31pm)
Need to get back to work, and your ignorance is so mind-blowing it's nothing but cheap entertainment. I shouldn't be spending my time laughing at you, so for now, I'll stop.

BTW, I would love to be your enemy. You're so blatantly ignorant of strategy and tactics, even those used over the course of thousands of years, you're perfectly willing to claim stupidity on the part of your enemy rather than believe for a moment that their intent simply isn't what you claim it is.

This is the internet. Want to compete? Let's play chess.
Gold: 13.37
Jun 28 2022 03:04pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 28 Jun 2022 18:53)
"Its pronounced Kyiv now" has already ascended to meme status

Now? Kyiv [Кыйив]. If you are Ukrainian native speaker then there never was a choice. Whether it's "Киев- мать городов русских" (Kyiv- masculine gender in both Russian and Ukrainian) or not. Spelling it Russian way just shows disrespect to the oldest Russian city.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 28 2022 04:05pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 10:31pm)

Oh look the PARD village idiot still here :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1107210731074107510764475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll