d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1107110721073107410754475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jun 28 2022 11:33am
...and before your eyes glaze over, I'll explain it nice and slow for you:

Step 1: right at the outset, hoping for a quick victory, Russian paratroopers assault the airport in Kyiv.
Step 2: with control of the airport, it's possible to bring in large numbers of troops and equipment directly into Kyiv.
Step 3: use those reinforcements to gain control of Kyiv and quickly lop off the head of government.
Step 4: declare victory.

That's why the assault on the airport was important.
Gold: 6,061.70
Jun 28 2022 11:42am
Quote (Santara @ 28 Jun 2022 10:24)
No, you fucking ninny. For the RUSSIANS to bring more troops into Kyiv.

IDGAF what the Russian's stated objectives are, because they've done nothing but spin lies from the outset. Lies suckers like you swallow hook, line, and sinker.

/e @ bold: you're projecting. Some of us here are not only veterans, but also astute students of history. Russia attempted their own version of Operation Market Garden - which for the uninformed amongst you was an attempt to bring a swift end to WWII by parachuting in divisions of airborne troops to seize vital bridges into Germany coupled with an armored spearhead up a narrow highway to bring those troops relief.

The Russians did not NEED the airport to ferry more troops in. They had an entire convoy parked less than an hour from Kiev, even at slow tank moving speed. They did not attempt to bring them in, they did not attack. They sat there. Exactly as one would do in a feint.

Once again, your grasp of military strategy is roughly that of a five year old. You've concocted an entire theory out of whole cloth, and are now defending it as though it's anything other than nonsensical trash. Let's go with "Actions speak louder than words" and assess the actions of the Russians based on their own stated objectives from day one. Based on both the stated objectives and their actions, I am 100% correct, and you are high.

Funny that the only source of information we have for Russia's so-called "intent" to take control of Kiev was the Ukrainian government. Are you usually in the habit of going to a nation's self-declared enemy to learn about that nation?

Feel free to roll out all the petty namecalling you wish, your posts and your point are trash. Tune back into Hannity for that nonsensical bullshit, Warmonger. :)
Jun 28 2022 12:00pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 12:42pm)
The Russians did not NEED the airport to ferry more troops in. They had an entire convoy parked less than an hour from Kiev, even at slow tank moving speed. They did not attempt to bring them in, they did not attack. They sat there. Exactly as one would do in a feint.

Once again, your grasp of military strategy is roughly that of a five year old. You've concocted an entire theory out of whole cloth, and are now defending it as though it's anything other than nonsensical trash. Let's go with "Actions speak louder than words" and assess the actions of the Russians based on their own stated objectives from day one. Based on both the stated objectives and their actions, I am 100% correct, and you are high.

Funny that the only source of information we have for Russia's so-called "intent" to take control of Kiev was the Ukrainian government. Are you usually in the habit of going to a nation's self-declared enemy to learn about that nation?

Feel free to roll out all the petty namecalling you wish, your posts and your point are trash. Tune back into Hannity for that nonsensical bullshit, Warmonger. :)

They DID need to, because that column was STOPPED. Not on purpose. Halted, due to a combination of factors including the extremely poor supply structure for the Russian army, self sabotage, weather/terrain, & enemy opposition. Going off road wasn't really an option, as late February/early March is Rasputitsa season, so they were bottlenecked and held up by breakdowns, empty fuel tanks, and hostile actions. Their stated objectives included "denazification," which at the time of use of the term, was a clear allusion to the government in Kyiv.

Don't want to be called names? Don't pretend like I'm a fucking child who doesn't know WTF I'm talking about when it comes to warfare.

Actions: invade directly at Kyiv. Words: feint. FOH.
Gold: 14,158.00
Jun 28 2022 12:03pm
Quote (Santara @ Jun 28 2022 12:00pm)
They DID need to, because that column was STOPPED. Not on purpose. Halted, due to a combination of factors including the extremely poor supply structure for the Russian army, self sabotage, weather/terrain, & enemy opposition. Going off road wasn't really an option, as late February/early March is Rasputitsa season, so they were bottlenecked and held up by breakdowns, empty fuel tanks, and hostile actions. Their stated objectives included "denazification," which at the time of use of the term, was a clear allusion to the government in Kyiv.

Don't want to be called names? Don't pretend like I'm a fucking child who doesn't know WTF I'm talking about when it comes to warfare.

Ukraine is losing. By this time next year they might actually be entering Kiev if this doesn't stop
Jun 28 2022 12:05pm
Quote (chopstickz777 @ Jun 28 2022 01:03pm)
Ukraine is losing. By this time next year they might actually be entering Kiev if this doesn't stop

Your boy doesn't have the manpower. Orcs keep lining up and getting planted for sunflower seeds.
Jun 28 2022 12:07pm
Quote (Santara @ 28 Jun 2022 11:00)

Your theory is that the Russians only brought enough fuel with them to get within 9 miles of Kiev, and couldn't manage to ferry more fuel through Belarus → Chernobyl region down to the convoy, when Russia has been constantly referred to as "The world's gas station"?

To be honest, your posts are going from laughable to outright nonsensical. Keep on keeping on with the Hannity talking points though. It's fun to see lefties on PaRD regurgitate his talking points.

I'll stop treating you as a child with absolutely zero grasp of military strategy who has completely lost himself in warmongering propaganda when you act like something else. As I said, feel free to call me all the names you like. Doesn't make your claims any less absurd. :)
Gold: 14,158.00
Jun 28 2022 12:13pm
Quote (Santara @ Jun 28 2022 12:05pm)
Your boy doesn't have the manpower. Orcs keep lining up and getting planted for sunflower seeds.

Lol. Delusions man. Everyday Russia takes 2-3 villages or towns, sometimes more. Everyday the frontline creeps slowly forward. Everyday Russian artillery sends 300+ Ukrainians to an early grave, with more wounded.

The Ukrainian army is fracturing repeatedly. Most of their good soldiers died already and now they are plugging the gaps with civilians hastily drafted and shipped to the front line.

Imagine how it will be if this continues another year. Russia will take every part of Ukraine that matters and leave the scraps to the Banderites
Jun 28 2022 12:43pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jun 28 2022 01:07pm)
Your theory is that the Russians only brought enough fuel with them to get within 9 miles of Kiev, and couldn't manage to ferry more fuel through Belarus → Chernobyl region down to the convoy, when Russia has been constantly referred to as "The world's gas station"?

To be honest, your posts are going from laughable to outright nonsensical. Keep on keeping on with the Hannity talking points though. It's fun to see lefties on PaRD regurgitate his talking points.

I'll stop treating you as a child with absolutely zero grasp of military strategy who has completely lost himself in warmongering propaganda when you act like something else. As I said, feel free to call me all the names you like. Doesn't make your claims any less absurd. :)

I didn't say that, you did. I'm saying that structurally, the Russian army is poorly equipped to resupply its units far from supply depots and rail heads. This is well known to western military analysts. It's an army that is made for a defensive posture.

https://warontherocks.com/2021/11/feeding-the-bear-a-closer-look-at-russian-army-logistics/

They don't have the trucks.

You're the one who's ignorant of the realities on the ground here. Tell me more about flying reinforcements from Kyiv to the Donbas. Derp.

This post was edited by Santara on Jun 28 2022 12:44pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Jun 28 2022 12:53pm
I don't think there's any evidence Russia intended to invest forces into an assault on Kiev proper and had it thwarted by logistics or obstacles. If that was the case, they would have committed forces and been repelled. Instead they took the airport and their convoy stopped and waited and turned around. They clearly had an order to hold, an order to retreat. They weren't hitting random areas and being fragmented and bogged down in street fighting, they were just sitting there. Theres a big difference between that and a botched attack. It was probably an attempt to fish for a total cakewalk and then pulling back when it didn't unfold, whether that was the original intent or changing their plan on the fly
Jun 28 2022 12:54pm
Quote (Santara @ 28 Jun 2022 11:43)
I didn't say that, you did. I'm saying that structurally, the Russian army is poorly equipped to resupply its units far from supply depots and rail heads. This is well known to western military analysts. It's an army that is made for a defensive posture.

https://warontherocks.com/2021/11/feeding-the-bear-a-closer-look-at-russian-army-logistics/

They don't have the trucks.

You're the one who's ignorant of the realities on the ground here. Tell me more about flying reinforcements from Kyiv to the Donbas. Derp.

I already did. You've concocted a ficticious story about Russia attempting to capture or control Kiev when they've done no such thing. You've come up with excuses to why that is. Simple questions like, "Why wouldn't the Russians target the government infrastructure, government officials, and military infrastructure of Kiev if they wanted to take control of it? Why would they only seek control of an Airport that Ukraine's government could use to ferry troops into Donbas? Why would they park artillary 9 miles away from a city they're trying to conquer?"

If your logic requires complete and absolute stupidity on every level, a level of ineptitude that beggars even our withdrawal from Afghanistan, there comes a point where you need to reassess your willful enthusiasm to buy into warmongering propaganda. Meanwhile, while you point at Kiev, the Russian advance in Donbas continues without pause, the governments of the two Independent Republics involved are reclaiming the outposts and bases of the Asov Nazis that've been torturing and killing their citizens for the last 8 years, and there isn't shit Ukraine can do about it. :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1107110721073107410754475Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll