d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1991001011021034498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Mar 6 2022 07:40am
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 6 2022 08:19am)
where can i read about this ?

Russians are all over social media saying they had their phones taken, they didn't know where they were going, were sent with a day or two of rations and three magazines of ammo. Ukrainians on Reddit are posting tons of Russian conscripts calling their moms saying they don't know what is happening. Ukrainians are being told this by the Russians who are deserting and surrendering.

The pictures they're posting of the rations they are being sent in with and they are leftovers from their conflict with Afghanistan, food from the 1980s.

The forty mile long armor column keeps stalling because of flat tires, apparently they are made very shitty, cheapest china can make.

Meanwhile Ukraine has used opened their dams and flooded the country to make Rasputitsa worse.

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-troops-grapple-shortages-food-fuel-morale-ukraine-1683793

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/04/russian-soldiers-ukraine-anger-duped-into-war

https://inews.co.uk/news/ukraine-russian-troops-low-morale-military-weakness-hinder-putin-invasion-1494160

Some of the funniest stories I've seen:

Russian soldiers run out of gas, go to police station to ask for some, are arrested.

Seen a video of five Ukrainian guys from a "local defense force" joy riding on a russian tank while eating pizza on the turret and they looked like they were having a good time.

Ton of videos of Russian tanks being nk'd by shoulder missiles.

Seen a farmer steal a BMP or some other type of personal carrier with a large tractor.

Seeing a lot of Ukrainians giving Russian children food and drink and letting them use phones to call their family in Russia to tell them they're ok. I say children because these kids are 15, 16, 17, 18.

Reddit you will see a lot of people there posting. Russians aren't really posting because they're not allowed to have phones lol. They were just taken at the beginning of the invasion.

Russia fucked up big time. They thought it would be like Crimea, where they would move in, the people would be cool with it, and the world wouldn't react. Putin thought Ukraine and Crimea would be alike. They are not the same lol. Russian Tsars never ruled Ukraine well, it has always been jokingly referred to as a Constitutional Anarchy by the people who've lived there, and people who say it's always been dominated by Russia just don't understand sociology at all because the surveillance just wasn't there to be dominated by far removed monarchs back in the day, people were way freer than they are now by virtue of nobody knew what anybody was actually doing.

I feel a lot of personal guilt for not going there as an veteran with tools that would be helpful. Maybe if I was still in my 30's I could do it. Or if I wasn't married. It is a weird feeling. A few of my buddies that are out of the marines are describing the same feeling.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 6 2022 07:43am
Gold: 751.50
Mar 6 2022 07:42am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 6 2022 06:16am)
Sparing as many innocent lives as possible would require Zelensky to surrender unconditionally. It would be the ultimate form of trading away liberty to gain a little bit of safety. That's not really an option. On the other hand, using droves of civilians as cannon-fodder in a hopeless war is not an acceptable course of action either, so where do we draw the line? Letting volunteers fight and risk their lives to protect their homeland is probably the healthy middle ground. Zelensky outright encouraging his people to become combatants is reckless though and imho crosses a line. But he's in an absolutely desperate situation, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

at this point zelensky is trying to produce ugly pictures for the rest of the world on purpose

he has every right to panic and be upset, but calling for what would basically the next great war and sending civilians into the fight is just too much

yesterday he made another statement saying that every additional death would be the fault of the west

thats a weird way to talk to the people who provide massive assistance

Quote (Skinned @ Mar 6 2022 02:16pm)
I don't think that would spare lives to be honest. It would just give the Russian's more motivation to steal food and rape women with nobody defending them.

They have been sent to conquer a country and they've been sent with no food, meaning their express orders are to pillage their way through.

I vehemently disagree. They should not surrender, go to ghettos and wait to be purged.

What do you think would happen is Russia wins? The Complete Raping of Ukraine. I wouldn't surrender knowing that an enemy soldier was going to murder me, rape my wife and daughter, and life in my house. That isn't the way to spare innocent lives.

The only way to spare innocent lives is for Putin to withdraw. That is it. Ukrainian lives in a Russian Ukraine aren't saved, they are slaves.

Russia is not going to win this. Putin signed his own death warrant. Russia has no ability to feed an army and an army fights on its stomach.

Your devotion to these authoritarian dickheads clouds your judgement. Your ideas that countries cannot become free contradicts the actual society that produced you.

Putin is so desperate he is talking about nuclear options that will never come to be. He is not grounded in any sort of reality now. I'm actually thinking HE REALLY BELIEVED there were NAZIS in ukraine committing genocide. Putin employs actual Nazi paramilitaries though in the form of the Wagner Group, who you have to have some sort of SS tattoo to be a part of. He sent in this guys to kill Zelensky. This is a guy who sent assassins to kill another head of state. He has survived three attempts against these guys.

Putin is a war criminal, relations with him will never be normalized while he is in power, the Russian economy is the worse it has been since the fucking Tsars, his army is falling apart. His plan has ruined Russia and cursed his people for many years after he is dead.

You're cheering on rapists and executioners of civilians. I should honestly come over to your house, beat the shit out of you, take your things, and watch you defend my actions.

The idea that a guy can win one election and sign over his country to someone is absurd like you are claiming Yanukovych should have been able to do lol. That is actual treason. If he was someone they wanted he wouldn't have had to actually flee the country as a criminal. He is kind of like Trump tbh so I can see why you like him.

more hyperbole please? what the fuck

this is not a war of extermination like WW2 buddy, bombings have been rather tame in context and the russian ground troops are not even stopping protests in the streets so chill the fuck out

wanna see how raping a country looks like? look at afghanistan, iraq, syria, libya, yemen

oh shit, that was the good guys

This post was edited by JohnnyMcCoy on Mar 6 2022 07:43am
Mar 6 2022 07:44am
Quote (JohnnyMcCoy @ Mar 6 2022 08:42am)
at this point zelensky is trying to produce ugly pictures for the rest of the world on purpose

he has every right to panic and be upset, but calling for what would basically the next great war and sending civilians into the fight is just too much

yesterday he made another statement saying that every additional death would be the fault of the west

thats a weird way to talk to the people who provide massive assistance

more hyperbole please? what the fuck

this is not a war of extermination like WW2 buddy, bombings have been rather tame in context and the russian ground troops are not even stopping protests in the streets so chill the fuck out

wanna see how raping a country looks like? look at afghanistan, iraq, syria, libya, yemen

oh shit, that was the good guys

Ukrainian women are saying that Russian soldiers are raping them. You are calling them liars. Noted.

America has never invaded a Democracy. No free society is under threat of the United States.

You forgot to mention Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, Communist Korea and Vietnam, Philippines, Spanish occupied Cuba.

Some of those countries benefitted greatly and are now free societies. Cuba went its own way. North and South Korea the same, one went with Russia/China, one with us. Which one would you rather be born a member of?

Our soldiers are better than theirs because they are free volunteers and given elite nutrition, training, and equipment. There are other elite military orders, French Foreign Legion, Sikh warriors, etc, but they are men who want to be a part of an order and not forced to do something against their will like these poor Russian slaves in Ukraine made to fight for Putin. And to be clear, a conscript is a slave.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 6 2022 07:53am
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 6 2022 08:02am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 6 2022 07:44am)
Ukrainian women are saying that Russian soldiers are raping them. You are calling them liars. Noted.

America has never invaded a Democracy. No free society is under threat of the United States.

You forgot to mention Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, Communist Korea and Vietnam, Philippines, Spanish occupied Cuba.

Some of those countries benefitted greatly and are now free societies. Cuba went its own way. North and South Korea the same, one went with Russia/China, one with us. Which one would you rather be born a member of?

Our soldiers are better than theirs because they are free volunteers and given elite nutrition, training, and equipment. There are other elite military orders, French Foreign Legion, Sikh warriors, etc, but they are men who want to be a part of an order and not forced to do something against their will like these poor Russian slaves in Ukraine made to fight for Putin. And to be clear, a conscript is a slave.

Stares in contract lowest bidder.

/e I guess I'm just taking a shot at "elite," as opposed to "proper."

This post was edited by Santara on Mar 6 2022 08:03am
Gold: 5.00
Mar 6 2022 08:05am
Hard to go back to slavery/indentured-servitude when you've tasted freedom. Easy for outsiders looking in to choose defenders over aggressors regardless of mass amounts of propaganda BS. Fact is Russia violated a sovereign. Free peoples understand the violation. Awaiting 4D chess mental gymnastics response.
Mar 6 2022 08:07am
Quote (Santara @ Mar 6 2022 09:02am)
Stares in contract lowest bidder.

/e I guess I'm just taking a shot at "elite," as opposed to "proper."

Hot breakfast with coffee in the middle of the woods somewhere is impressive to me, even if they are trays of the t rations or whatever with the powdered eggs and grey sausage. I bet some of those russian guys would literally kill for some of that.

We would just stuff so much food with us. Each tank was like a commissary.

Its lowest bidder in a corrupt system, we spend a lot of cash for a lot of cool stuff. I hate the ARs though.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 6 2022 08:10am
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 6 2022 08:15am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 6 2022 02:44pm)

French foreign legion used to accept anyone fit for duty with no questions asked. Reportedly it's where German war criminals went after WW2 to evade capture. Mercenaries, murderers and all kind of shady individuals that were running from the law ended up in the foreign legion.

Time for you to do your homework buddy

edit: Talking about US' meddling in sovereign countries' foreign affairs. We're the worst of the worst lol

This post was edited by Djunior on Mar 6 2022 08:19am
Mar 6 2022 08:22am
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 6 2022 02:44pm)

i dont know if thats true or not and neither do you

those are the facts in a propaganda war where its hard to believe anything that is out there

america does not give a shit about democracy, they will kill millions to protect geopolitical interests and the petrodollar without losing a second of sleep over it

they didnt give a shit about imperial japan or nazi germany until they declared war on the states and of course they couldnt afford to have their closest allies losing the war

no soldier is better or worse just because their government spends extra tax money on them

i feel sorry for russian conscripts being sacrificed for this madness, just like i feel sorry for brainwashed americans signing up to be used in stupid wars that only benefit banks, rich people, politicians and the military industrial complex

you are signing up guys, who are hopeless idealists, guys with nowhere else to go or attract them with benefits like the "gi bill" to maybe not pile up six figures in debt for a degree

"hey, you can circumvent the student loan scam, just gotta blow up some brown people overseas for freedom! oh and you may or may not get blown up yourself or suffer serious mental damage"

and when their country is done with them they will be tossed into the streets like a dog they dont want anymore

these attempts to glorify a meatgrinding system are not working on me

Mar 6 2022 08:25am
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 6 2022 03:15pm)
French foreign legion used to accept anyone fit for duty with no questions asked. Reportedly it's where German war criminals went after WW2 to evade capture. Mercenaries, murderers and all kind of shady individuals that were running from the law ended up in the foreign legion.

Time for you to do your homework buddy

edit: Talking about US' meddling in sovereign countries' foreign affairs. We're the worst of the worst lol

this was true in the past, but nowadays the foreign legion is pretty strict when it comes to accepting people

but its still a system to attract guys from poor countries who are looking for a way to get employment and a western citizenship
Gold: 3.33
Mar 6 2022 08:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 6 2022 05:16am)
Sparing as many innocent lives as possible would require Zelensky to surrender unconditionally. It would be the ultimate form of trading away liberty to gain a little bit of safety. That's not really an option. On the other hand, using droves of civilians as cannon-fodder in a hopeless war is not an acceptable course of action either, so where do we draw the line? Letting volunteers fight and risk their lives to protect their homeland is probably the healthy middle ground. Zelensky outright encouraging his people to become combatants is reckless though and imho crosses a line. But he's in an absolutely desperate situation, so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

He's agreed ceasefires in besieged cities twice and the Russians started shelling during the evacuations

I don't know what Zelenskyy has offered to end the war, maybe he did offer to recognise Crimea and the People's Republics and Russia refused. Russia want regime change, that should be a red line for Ukraine and justifies them continuing the war, unfortunately at the expense of civilians. The blame ultimately lies with Russia in any case
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1991001011021034498Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll