d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony >
Poll > Need Help Choosing My Next Game
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 8 2018 11:33am
Quote (4killer7 @ May 8 2018 07:59am)
Fortnite

I fucking loathe that game.

Fortnight, overwatch, and LoL are all equal in how fucking terrible they are, and I will have absolutely fucking nothing to so with the latest worthless passing fad game.
Gold: 220.00
May 8 2018 05:02pm
i voted sotc
Gold: 121.00
May 8 2018 07:09pm
Quote (Doom0277 @ May 4 2018 05:15pm)
out of the three games i would pick wolfenstein2
i never played it but i enjoyed the first one
i hated sotc on the ps3
anf monster hunter not my type of game

wasn't sotc on ps2? I think your memory is going in your old age
Gold: 797.69
May 9 2018 07:49am
Quote (Chiefers @ 8 May 2018 21:09)
wasn't sotc on ps2? I think your memory is going in your old age

yes original is on ps2 but they released it on ps3 as ps2 classics thats the version i bought since i didnt have a ps2

This post was edited by hammered_guy on May 9 2018 07:50am
Gold: 28,771.41
May 9 2018 10:09am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 8 2018 12:33pm)

Fortnight, overwatch, and LoL are all equal in how fucking terrible they are, and I will have absolutely fucking nothing to so with the latest worthless passing fad game.

I can agree OW was a fad game but LoL is no where near a fad game and I don't beleve fortnite will be either.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 9 2018 10:42am
Wolfenstein 2
Gold: 8,355.04
May 9 2018 12:25pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 8 2018 01:33pm)

lol you can dislike the games but how are you about to call league a 'passing fad'

Quote (4killer7 @ May 9 2018 12:09pm)
I can agree OW was a fad game but LoL is no where near a fad game and I don't beleve fortnite will be either.

Overwatch came out well over a year ago and is still very active :bonk:

This post was edited by Flameyes on May 9 2018 12:25pm
May 9 2018 12:38pm
Trust me! I know how unpopular these opinions of mine are, but I call it like I see it.

Quote (4killer7 @ May 9 2018 09:09am)

Popular genre of game starts gaining heavy traction and multiple companies work on pushing something similar out on the front-line to get in on the hype/fad train. LoL+Fort are the exact same in that they pushed out a game that has simpler design, gameplay, and graphics that feel like it's made for kids/teens. This free, lighter and simpler version of a popular new genre picks up LOADS of attention and quickly becomes the most popular game in the world while from a pure gamepoint perspective, the most popular game has recently been the lesser of the games of that genre.

DOTA2 has remained superior to LoL in almost every single way, including having a more intense competitive scene, but LoL has a larger user base. It's great if you enjoy those games, and they're widely popular for a reason, but if I'm going to play an online game of a certain genre, I'm usually going to play the best one. That being said, neither the MOBA or BR genre is particularly appealing to me. Both are a bit too slow (especially MOBAs) and drawn-out for me to fully enjoy. With the exception of RTS games, I'd rather play an online game with matches that last 5-10 minutes. I believe fortnite is a quicker than PUBG, but both are boring, clunky and slow to me compared to FPS games. Just my personal opinion, and like I said, there's nothing wrong with liking any of the aforementioned titles, they're just not for me, and I think it's safe to call them fad games since they both have followed the exact same trend while being imo (and the opinion of a lot of other insane purist like myself), inferior to similar games that came before them or out around the same time.

Quote (Flameyes @ May 9 2018 11:25am)
lol you can dislike the games but how are you about to call league a 'passing fad'

Overwatch came out well over a year ago and is still very active :bonk:

Fads can and do sometimes last a long time. It's not a great game and the popularity and attention it's gotten for being a dumbed down, and kid-friendly version of DOTA is a bad joke. I still can't believe how many people I know that spent countless hours playing an inferior game just because the internet told them it was popular. Just one man's opinion I suppose, but I think time, the killer of all fads, will eventually agree with me. I could be wrong about fortnite, it's still too early to tell, but it's just too similar to LoL for me to not make the same comparisons and have similar feelings.

e: As far as OW goes, the other titles have sustained popularity, and while OW is still "active", it shot up as one of the most played games in the world in just a few months, but their numbers have since dropped a lot and their popularity is weaning, hence the label of a fad. That's how most fads go, they come in hot and burn-out hard after a few months to a year. Look at Pokemon Go for Gods sake, No Man's Sky lol. So many examples of hype trains, fads, that ended up being useless and they looked useless from the beginning but people still bought into net hype against all logic and reason. All you gotta do is build the hype and then it doesn't matter what you put out, you can be on top of the world for a few months to a year, and if you actually manage to put out a playable game, you can stay up near the top for a decade. People determine how good games are based on their popularity these days, and almost all of that is just bullshit. I preferred when games were popular because they're the best thing out there, or because they challenged the competitive scene and made them fucking work for it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 9 2018 12:54pm
Gold: 797.69
May 9 2018 02:36pm
fortnite, overwatch, lol,cod, are like mcu movies but for the gaming industries

nothing new/rip off but sucessfull/popular

May 9 2018 02:46pm
Quote (hammered_guy @ May 9 2018 01:36pm)
fortnite, overwatch, lol,cod, are like mcu movies but for the gaming industries

nothing new/rip off but sucessfull/popular

Wouldn't throw CoD in there since at one point they were making strides that changed the FPS genre forever (Been a longggggggg time since then), but ya, they've fallen off hard and they're just trash now, but at least at one point they were innovative and original unlike LoL/Fort.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 9 2018 02:46pm
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll