d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony >
Poll > Need Help Choosing My Next Game
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9,181.50
May 11 2018 11:26am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 11 2018 11:40am)
This has been the conclusion I've reached. I started Wolfenstein II, and I have MHW sitting unopened by my PS, so I'll play it next, as long as something else that's better doesn't come out before I finish Wolfenstein.

Goodluck with Mein Leben
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 11 2018 11:47am
Quote (Property_Damage @ May 11 2018 10:26am)
Goodluck with Mein Leben

Just gotta beat the game once to unlock it? I'm playing on Terror Billy and it hasn't been too bad, just gotta be careful ofc. I'm guessing if you go up two difficulties, that you die in pretty much 1 shot every time.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 12 2018 10:09pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 11 2018 03:35am)
Would require me to actually put a large amount of time into the game, something I would never be willing to do for a game I find to be terrible.... I can usually get into the highest rank of any game I put time into, the one exception being SC (Maybe traditional fighting games too, haven't tried though). I'm simply not good enough to master such a complex game, and I've accepted that. I could memorize a couple cheesey builds and push my way into masters, but I'd know it's a bullshit rank that I don't deserve and what's the point of that?

I played a lot of DOTA back in the WC3 days and thought it was a lot of fun, but I usually would rather play something else as the slow place of MOBA games isn't something I enjoy all that much. LoL is a dumbed down version of DOTA2. Sure, both games have problems, but if you were capable of being truly objective, it wouldn't be hard for you to see all the issues it has in comparison to it's predecessor and the kiddy graphics and worst community in the history of bad communities makes it pointless to play when there's something better on the market. Saying you've played both and not being able to draw a conclusion means your opinion is purely being swayed by bias, as it's painfully obvious which is the more polished, skill-based and competitive game. The #1 argument I see made by fortnite players when challenged about their game being inferior to others already on the market, is the claim that PUBG is glitchy and unfinished. I'm just starting to think those people haven't actually played the game much... None of the glitches I've encountered have been game breaking, and with the exception of running into the occasional hacker, there's nothing about it that feels broken these days. As far as the camp heavy excuse goes, it's a BR game... They're all camp heavy to a certain degree, but it depends on how YOU play it. Spawn in to a more populated area if that's your excuse.

Throwing a fighting game into a discussion of two of the easiest genres in terms of overall skill cap is just laughable. I've played competitive smash. Smash may be one of the easier to master *fighting* games (a lot of hardcore fighter players hate it being even mentioned in the same genre), but it's still an insanely hard game to be good at, and no fighting game is easy. If you go online for ANY fighting game and you're a below average or average gamer, you're going to be in for a rough time. Same goes for RTS games. OW, Fort, LoL are different. You can be a bad gamer and do moderately well, hence the mass appeal. That doesn't mean there's no challenge at the highest possible level of the game, and I never said that there wasn't. I said they were easy, because overall, they're are. DOTA even though less popular has slaughtered LoL in the competitive scene.... why do you think that is? You think all the professional gamers are just biased and so they choose to play the lesser of the two games out of spite for LoL? Or maybe, just maybe, they see what's so obvious to me and to so many others. Fortnite looks to be heading in the same direction, it's still early on, so who knows where it'll go, but so far the comp marketability for PUBG has been leagues ahead of Fort... once again, why do you suppose that is? Things are the way they are for a reason and popularity/numbers of active users does not mean a game is good. I get that you disagree with me and that nothing I say is going to change your mind, and while it is just my opinion, I feel I'll be validated before too long as we watch what unfolds with Pub & fort on esports. LoL v Dota is just a fact as far as I'm concerned.

As far as OW goes, I just hate the game. I only played for a few hours, every match was horribly easy and boring and I was disgusted by how simple and cutsey the game was, just couldn't stand it. That's me being biased. It is a somewhat original game and with the exception of TF2, there hasn't been too much like it to compare it against. It just seemed to me like a lazy cash grab by Blizzard to combine LoL and CoD to try and cater to as wide of an audience as possible. Again, I understand that this one is me being biased and that I'm basing my opinions off nothing but my opinions, but that doesn't detract from the validity of my statements regarding the other two titles.

The fact you just referred to it as "memorize a couple cheesey builds to push into Masters" let's me know you're utterly clueless.
May 13 2018 06:49pm
Quote (Lvl_1_Cactuar @ May 12 2018 09:09pm)
The fact you just referred to it as "memorize a couple cheesey builds to push into Masters" let's me know you're utterly clueless.

I've seen it happen more times than I can count. People exploiting a certain meta by doing a roach all-in, DT drops, 2 base immortal A/I or so on and so fucking forth, where people literally do 1-3 builds in a game based on scouting and then through practice of perfectly executing one build that allows for little harass early on, people have pushed into high diamond/low masters... Usually they start getting shit on there, since no amount of cheese is going to best truly masterful mechanics, and since the pool of players goes down so far once you reach masters that you're playing the same people over and over, the same builds constantly won't work more than once or twice.

Or did you think I was talking about League when I clearly said SC? Because if that's the case, I don't know why I'm bothering having a discussion with someone who can't read.
Gold: 28,276.41
May 14 2018 08:44am
Jade what's a good multiplayer console game out right now in your opinion?
Gold: 977.69
May 14 2018 12:09pm
Quote (4killer7 @ 14 May 2018 10:44)

good mp console game imo bf1 is pretty solid if u like the ww1 theme, db fighterz solid fighter game db style, killing floor 2 for a zombie survival is pretty good

just a few off the top of my mind

May 14 2018 05:45pm
Quote (hammered_guy @ May 14 2018 01:09pm)
good mp console game imo bf1 is pretty solid if u like the ww1 theme, db fighterz solid fighter game db style, killing floor 2 for a zombie survival is pretty good

just a few off the top of my mind

Bf sucks and always had to me, not a fan of any fighting game so I'll stay out of that territory and haven't played killing floor so I won't pass judgment unlike 90% of jade's strong opinions

I do have KF 2 so maybe I'll give it a try though

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 14 2018 05:46pm
Gold: 2,267.63
May 14 2018 07:51pm
Quote (4killer7 @ May 14 2018 07:45pm)
Bf sucks and always had to me, not a fan of any fighting game so I'll stay out of that territory and haven't played killing floor so I won't pass judgment unlike 90% of jade's strong opinions

I do have KF 2 so maybe I'll give it a try though

KF2 is just mindless fun. There’s no teamwork or communication really required. Just play and kill shit. It’s a blast.
May 14 2018 07:53pm
Quote (4killer7 @ May 14 2018 07:44am)

For console? Nadda man. Halo 5 is the closest thing to a good shooter, but the limited population and long match-finder times in ranked make it not nearly as good as it was, or as it should be. Easily better than any of the FPS games on console by a wide margin for both casual and comp play. PC is destroying the multiplayer market, but console is surviving with amazing single player content atm.

E: DBF is fun and an amazing competitive game, but it's a fighting game, which is a very niche group of gamers, and like I said previously, I know I'll never be good enough to be top tier at them, so I don't put a lot of time I to them. I went so hard on RTS games and after the time I put in, realizing my only path ro masters was through cheesey tactics or years of every day practice (which I don't have the time for).

E#2 : This is why all this BR shit is killing me. Fort is bad on PC, but on console it's just a joke. Games like this blowing up are going to have everybody focusing on copying them and sooner then later the market will be flooded with shitty BR games, rather than people trying to make something actually good/original. Maybe a good one will eventually find its way to console, but I doubt it. I'm hoping Halo 6 saves matchmaking for me on console, but right now I'm bored out of my mind and seriously debating the switch over to PC for all multiplayer games. At least they've got one good comp FPS in CS.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 14 2018 08:04pm
May 14 2018 08:20pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 14 2018 08:53pm)
For console? Nadda man. Halo 5 is the closest thing to a good shooter, but the limited population and long match-finder times in ranked make it not nearly as good as it was, or as it should be. Easily better than any of the FPS games on console by a wide margin for both casual and comp play. PC is destroying the multiplayer market, but console is surviving with amazing single player content atm.

E: DBF is fun and an amazing competitive game, but it's a fighting game, which is a very niche group of gamers, and like I said previously, I know I'll never be good enough to be top tier at them, so I don't put a lot of time I to them. I went so hard on RTS games and after the time I put in, realizing my only path ro masters was through cheesey tactics or years of every day practice (which I don't have the time for).

E#2 : This is why all this BR shit is killing me. Fort is bad on PC, but on console it's just a joke. Games like this blowing up are going to have everybody focusing on copying them and sooner then later the market will be flooded with shitty BR games, rather than people trying to make something actually good/original. Maybe a good one will eventually find its way to console, but I doubt it. I'm hoping Halo 6 saves matchmaking for me on console, but right now I'm bored out of my mind and seriously debating the switch over to PC for all multiplayer games. At least they've got one good comp FPS in CS.

Halos been awful for a while anything after 3 was a complete joke, and I will admit I would say most console shooters have gone to shit. The only real shooters competitively console had were tactical shooters and that genre has long been lost. Rainbow six is a close game to it but the awful hit reg and server issues didn't give the game a chance

/e also as the man who claims to be the expert of all competitive shooters you failed to mention at least PS4s biggest problem yet. Easily what is ruining any shooter is that it's games support keyboard play which is setting major unfair advatanges

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 14 2018 08:38pm
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll