d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Just Another Day In America > Unarmed 22 Year Shot 20 Times By Police
Prev12345626Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 23 2018 01:16am

Gold: 90.58
Mar 23 2018 01:26am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 22 2018 11:05pm)

The cops didn't wake up that morning and say to themselves, hey, lets lynch some niggers. He woke up and decided it would be a ripe day to smash in some windows.
Creating the circumstances that lead to peoples deaths, even if its the cops that justifiably pulled the trigger, makes you responsible. Its how someone can be charged with vehicular homicide during a police chase if one cop hit another.

Yes, that's why manslaughter would be preferable here. It's not 1st degree, I agree with that.

Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 22 2018 11:05pm)
It does justify the shooting when his decision to flee from the police puts them into a situation where they can quite reasonably believe they're about to get shot by him, and shoot him first
And he doesn't become a victim in that scenario just because he was unarmed. He was the one committing multiple crimes and leading police on a chase in the dark.

As I said before, his "multiple crimes" running from the police doesn't justify the deadly force. That's where my opinion stands I guess and where we disagree

If the officer was right, then great! One less idiot off the streets. If the officer was wrong => "oh, well, I thought he had a gun!". However, Stephon did not have a gun, so he is inherently a victim.

Just because the officer thought wrong, does NOT nullify potential prosecution / justice, or gives the right to victim blame. The officers need to be held accountable for their actions.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 23 2018 01:26am
Mar 23 2018 01:26am

Don't click these videos if you get butt hurt easily
Warn: 40%
Mar 23 2018 01:30am
Quote (PurpleStuff @ Mar 22 2018 11:26pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXaJUgSamzg

Don't click these videos if you get butt hurt easily

The comments are hilarious, demanding government collapse
Gold: 200.83
Mar 23 2018 01:41am
he deserved it

to the europeans who talk about muh american gun laws 24/7 in pard
topics like this just prove the following picture true
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 23 2018 01:45am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Mar 23 2018 01:26am)
Yes, that's why manslaughter would be preferable here. It's not 1st degree, I agree with that.
As I said before, his "multiple crimes" running from the police doesn't justify the deadly force. That's where my opinion stands I guess and where we disagree
If the officer was right, then great! One less idiot off the streets. If the officer was wrong => "oh, well, I thought he had a gun!". However, Stephon did not have a gun, so he is inherently a victim.
Just because the officer thought wrong, does NOT nullify potential prosecution / justice, or gives the right to victim blame. The officers need to be held accountable for their actions.

The justification of deadly force is not a judgment of capital punishment for crimes. It is not a retroactive assessment we put upon the harms caused by the criminal and whether their actions deserve a sentence of death if they were captured. It is a call the officers have to make in the heat of the action. And under the circumstances of a hot pursuit on foot of a criminal fleeing police and refusing to show his hands, he already created the conditions to create a reasonable threat of escalating to deadly force. When they turned a corner and saw him turned to confront them with an object in his hands, that was the point at which they reasonably believed themselves to be about to get shot and opened fire. When it comes to making that call in a split second, it doesn't matter if it turns out the guy actually had a gun, or a squirt gun, or a cell phone, or a big black dildo in his hands. That doesn't retroactively change the circumstances, it doesn't make him a victim when he created those circumstances.

As far as nullifying prosecution / justice, I don't need to be nostradamus to say that shit aint gonna happen

This post was edited by Goomshill on Mar 23 2018 01:46am
Gold: 90.58
Mar 23 2018 02:00am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 22 2018 11:45pm)
The justification of deadly force is not a judgment of capital punishment for crimes. It is not a retroactive assessment we put upon the harms caused by the criminal and whether their actions deserve a sentence of death if they were captured. It is a call the officers have to make in the heat of the action. And under the circumstances of a hot pursuit on foot of a criminal fleeing police and refusing to show his hands, he already created the conditions to create a reasonable use of deadly force by officers. When they turned a corner and saw him turned to confront them with an object in his hands, that was the point at which they reasonably believed themselves to be about to get shot and opened fire. When it comes to making that call in a split second, it doesn't matter if it turns out the guy actually had a gun, or a squirt gun, or a cell phone, or a big black dildo in his hands. That doesn't retroactively change the circumstances, it doesn't make him a victim when he created those circumstances.

As far as nullifying prosecution / justice, I don't need to be nostradamus to say that shit aint gonna happen

Well, you'll continue to have BLM thrive, and you will continue to be the root cause of the creation of more fender's. Whatever floats your boat.

So, you think the officers in this case should be what, moved to a different department and allowed on the force again?

making that call in a split second, it doesn't matter if it turns out the guy actually had a gun, or a squirt gun, or a cell phone, or a big black dildo in his hands. That doesn't retroactively change the circumstances

Yes it does. It makes him the victim, and it also retroactively creates a huge weight of guilt on that officer's moral values, knowing he killed someone that was unarmed. As evident by his "fuckkkk" at 13:10 or so in the full bodycam footage.

And how about the Kansas City swatting incident? Officers had their spotlight on him while they thought he was "reaching". Those officers did nothing wrong right? Just another innocent unarmed man being shot by police. Cause they "thought he had a gun and was reaching".

If you think jsut because an officer "thought" they had a gun, means the officer can't think wrongly.. is not really right. You don't think every officer is a perfect little angel that can do no wrong, do you?

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 23 2018 02:19am
Warn: 40%
Mar 23 2018 02:04am
>blm riots in shitholes
>property values go down
>businesses bail out to white neighborhoods
>shitholes becomes shitholier
>this is white peoples fault
Gold: 1,276.69
Mar 23 2018 02:28am
lol @ them asking the guy to put his hands in the air after shooting him like 20 times

Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Mar 23 2018 06:00pm)
Yes it does. It makes him the victim, and it also retroactively creates a huge weight of guilt on that officer's moral values, knowing he killed someone that was unarmed. As evident by his "fuckkkk" at 13:10 or so in the full bodycam footage.

And how about the Kansas City swatting incident? Officers had their spotlight on him while they thought he was "reaching". Those officers did nothing wrong right? Just another innocent unarmed man being shot by police. Cause they "thought he had a gun and was reaching".

If you think jsut because an officer "thought" they had a gun, means the officer can't think wrongly.. is not really right. You don't think every officer is a perfect little angel that can do wrong, do you?

why is he a victim? being a victim implies lack of fault, and the way I see it is if you're a violent criminal resisting arrest after fleeing a crime and acting in a way that leads police to believe you have a gun, getting shot is your own fault

now I'm not saying he did act in a way that would lead them to believe he was going to shoot since you can't really see much in the cam footage, but not having a gun doesn't automatically vindicate him and make the officers guilty of manslaughter

Quote (tonerbond @ Mar 23 2018 06:04pm)
>blm riots in shitholes
>property values go down
>businesses bail out to white neighborhoods
>shitholes becomes shitholier
>this is white peoples fault

This post was edited by Condemn on Mar 23 2018 02:34am
Gold: 57.00
Mar 23 2018 07:19am
Quote (majorblood @ 23 Mar 2018 03:41)

to the europeans who talk about muh american gun laws 24/7 in pard
topics like this just prove the following picture true