d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Corporatism The New Face Of Evil?
Prev1111213141518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 16 2017 09:16am
Quote (Knaapie @ Jun 16 2017 10:09am)
I'd generally say that welfare is strict enough when a wealth-gap overall is increasing and un-employment below (a debatable) ~10%

Oh hi.

Yeah alright cool bring on the extreme examples of the $10m/year+ earners. The wealth gap is such a stupid argument. It grows because the uber-rich keep getting more uber-rich. Why the fuck do you care? It's not like because they're super rich, you aren't able to become kinda rich. If Bezos's net worth goes from $30 billion to $60 billion it doesn't mean $30 billion was stripped from the lower/middle class and put into his pocket. That's not how economics work.

The stats look insane because of huge businesses which in today's society are able to grow faster because of the internet and a global marketplace, plain and simple. If you had the best clothing in the world 50 years ago you probably weren't going to sell a lot to China, India, Brazil, or even Europe because international trade was that difficult. Now it takes 2 seconds. That's why the rich can get rich so much faster.

The most basic thing about the wealth gap is that it's total bullshit and a liberal tactic to say the rich attack the poor. Nothing is keeping you from getting a job that pays you a nice $100-150k to put you in the upper middle class.

What an annoying argument.
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 16 2017 09:28am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 16 Jun 2017 16:16)
Oh hi.

Yeah alright cool bring on the extreme examples of the $10m/year+ earners. The wealth gap is such a stupid argument. It grows because the uber-rich keep getting more uber-rich. Why the fuck do you care? It's not like because they're super rich, you aren't able to become kinda rich. If Bezos's net worth goes from $30 billion to $60 billion it doesn't mean $30 billion was stripped from the lower/middle class and put into his pocket. That's not how economics work.

The stats look insane because of huge businesses which in today's society are able to grow faster because of the internet and a global marketplace, plain and simple. If you had the best clothing in the world 50 years ago you probably weren't going to sell a lot to China, India, Brazil, or even Europe because international trade was that difficult. Now it takes 2 seconds. That's why the rich can get rich so much faster.

The most basic thing about the wealth gap is that it's total bullshit and a liberal tactic to say the rich attack the poor. Nothing is keeping you from getting a job that pays you a nice $100-150k to put you in the upper middle class.

It's not against you.. I'm just saying as a system the difference is increasing, for as you've stated mostly the top 1%. Not that much in my country though, perhaps due to another approach. Perhaps they leave our tax system ^

I've been on wellfare, few years ago, and I can tell you it's not easy to get ^^ We're getting a bit more than ppl in the US and it's also not easy to live from.
Ofc we should improve on the success rate of going back to the work force. But I'm actually under the impression that it's already being done.

In the most extreme form, it'd say ppl will work if you hold a gun to their heads.. But that's a bit to far. ^^

This post was edited by Knaapie on Jun 16 2017 09:32am
Gold: 83.30
Jun 16 2017 09:31am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 16 2017 03:16pm)
Oh hi.

That 30 billion could have been used to pay his employees a fairer wage. Why is he so much more responsible for increases in productivity/profit than those who actually do the labour?
Retired Moderator
Jun 16 2017 09:42am
Quote (Knaapie @ Jun 16 2017 10:28am)
It's not against you.. I'm just saying as a system the difference is increasing, for as you've stated mostly the top 1%. Not that much in my country though, perhaps due to another approach. Perhaps they leave our tax system ^

I've been on wellfare, few years ago, and I can tell you it's not easy to get ^^ We're getting a bit more than ppl in the US and it's also not easy to live from.
Ofc we should improve on the success rate of going back to the work force. But I'm actually under the impression that it's already being done.

In the most extreme form, it'd say ppl will work if you hold a gun to their heads.. But that's a bit to far. ^^

I mean yeah welfare shouldn't make it easy for you to live on. It should provide the absolute bare minimum so you don't die and nothing more. If you want anything other than to not die, get a job. Imo of course. Your impression that the success rate of people going back to the work force is mostly wrong. Since 2009 obviously it looks like the workforce is booming, but it's really just an effort to get back to pre-recession levels. Once you're long term welfare, you don't count in unemployed numbers anyways so keep that in mind.

Like I've said before, which few leftists truly believe, if you tax the 1% higher, they will just find more complex ways or simple ways to ensure you don't get their money. People think it's the 1%'s greed that leads them to move their money overseas. It's really not. It's the greed of the 99% to suck the 1% dry that makes the 1% go, haha okay fuck you, then move their money where you can't touch it, but nahhh the 1% is the evil empire right?

Quote (balrog66 @ Jun 16 2017 10:31am)
That 30 billion could have been used to pay his employees a fairer wage. Why is he so much more responsible for increases in productivity/profit than those who actually do the labour?

Amazon has notoriously amazing benefits and pay, get out of here. Do you really want me to explain why Jeff Bezos is so much more responsible for the increases in success than those who do the labour? I certainly can. Or you can just ask Starbucks how they fared when their staff stayed the same but their billionaire CEO Howard Schultz left. Starbucks absolutely tanked. Then, he came back and their stock surged. That's why you pay them billions.

Jeff Bezos was the pioneer who converted a successful online book store business into a company that provides goods all around the US with 2 day shipping for a low membership fee (along with a billion other things). That was his brainchild, not some warehouse worker. Not to mention, Bezos is extremely charitable. Smile.Amazon gives .5% of every item purchased to charity as well. Pretty generous, but nah let's beat the guy up for being successful right?

This post was edited by AspenSniper on Jun 16 2017 09:48am
Gold: 57.00
Jun 16 2017 09:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Jun 2017 09:55)
Would u respond in earnest to a troll?

Happens all the time

Quote (duffman316 @ 16 Jun 2017 10:04)
snipa kills jobs

it's a fact :o

Snipa is a very good guy cuz he warned us what hes up to. he didnt say one thing then stab us in the back like politicians do. One should expect corporations to act efficiently

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 16 2017 09:49am
Jun 16 2017 09:50am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 16 Jun 2017 16:42)
I mean yeah welfare shouldn't make it easy for you to live on. It should provide the absolute bare minimum so you don't die and nothing more. If you want anything other than to not die, get a job. Imo of course. Your impression that the success rate of people going back to the work force is mostly wrong. Since 2009 obviously it looks like the workforce is booming, but it's really just an effort to get back to pre-recession levels. Once you're long term welfare, you don't count in unemployed numbers anyways so keep that in mind.

Like I've said before, which few leftists truly believe, if you tax the 1% higher, they will just find more complex ways or simple ways to ensure you don't get their money. People think it's the 1%'s greed that leads them to move their money overseas. It's really not. It's the greed of the 99% to suck the 1% dry that makes the 1% go, haha okay fuck you, then move their money where you can't touch it, but nahhh the 1% is the evil empire right?

The battle between the 99% and the 1% for wealth. Think it has been going on for some time.

some countries are created more equal than others.
Retired Moderator
Jun 16 2017 09:52am
Quote (Knaapie @ Jun 16 2017 10:50am)
The battle between the 99% and the 1% for wealth. Think it has been going on for some time.

some countries are created more equal than others.

I don't see the problem, still. I just don't understand why you care if some CEO is making $50 mil/year. I mean really, how does that negatively affect you? How does that prevent you from being successful?
Jun 16 2017 09:59am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 16 Jun 2017 16:52)
I don't see the problem, still. I just don't understand why you care if some CEO is making $50 mil/year. I mean really, how does that negatively affect you? How does that prevent you from being successful?

Yeah, that's actually funny. I'm not in the group that has to benefit from chances in the system. For all I care minimum wages increase.
Yet what Balrog said also seems apealing some sort of profit share for the ppl making it happen. Also a good incentive to perform better at work and get a job with potential higher gains.
/e We both have something resembling it, production workers could get an extra % for being efficient as well.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Jun 16 2017 10:03am
Retired Moderator
Jun 16 2017 10:07am
Quote (Knaapie @ Jun 16 2017 10:59am)
Yeah, that's actually funny. I'm not in the group that has to benefit from chances in the system. For all I care minimum wages increase.
Yet what Balrog said also seems apealing some sort of profit share for the ppl making it happen. Also a good incentive to perform better at work and get a job with potential higher gains.

I mean sure if Bezos were to sell off half his Amazon stock, take that $30 billion and divide it amongst his workers he could give them all like $80k. However, he's already committed to giving 90% of his money away to charity when he dies, so I don't know if that's better.

Not to mention, why do you care? He owns the most valuable company in the world and he personally built it from the ground up. Everyone thinks the rich should just instantly give away their money. You realize he'll make way more if he keeps investing it and letting it grow, then giving it away later right?

Here comes the "give me" culture again.
Jun 16 2017 10:13am
Quote (AspenSniper @ 16 Jun 2017 17:07)
I mean sure if Bezos were to sell off half his Amazon stock, take that $30 billion and divide it amongst his workers he could give them all like $80k. However, he's already committed to giving 90% of his money away to charity when he dies, so I don't know if that's better.

Not to mention, why do you care? He owns the most valuable company in the world and he personally built it from the ground up. Everyone thinks the rich should just instantly give away their money. You realize he'll make way more if he keeps investing it and letting it grow, then giving it away later right?

Here comes the "give me" culture again.

He seems like a nice gent, don't really know/care about him, he seems to be doing fine.
I'm not talking about "give me".. again. I don't have to profit from it.
I was talking about giving more ppl what they deserve for working hard. a "give them" culture.

to put it simple: why can't they get a bonus for performing while we can ?

This post was edited by Knaapie on Jun 16 2017 10:17am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1111213141518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll