d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Is Corporatism The New Face Of Evil?
Prev1121314151618Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 16 2017 11:51am
Quote (Knaapie @ Jun 16 2017 11:13am)
He seems like a nice gent, don't really know/care about him, he seems to be doing fine.
I'm not talking about "give me".. again. I don't have to profit from it.
I was talking about giving more ppl what they deserve for working hard. a "give them" culture.

to put it simple: why can't they get a bonus for performing while we can ?

Amazon pays really well and gives bonuses regularly. What are you even talking about?
Gold: 5,169.82
Jun 16 2017 01:36pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 16 2017 05:52pm)
I don't see the problem, still. I just don't understand why you care if some CEO is making $50 mil/year. I mean really, how does that negatively affect you? How does that prevent you from being successful?

I think it's more about the fact that, in many cases, those CEOs are the bosses of people who can barely make ends meet with their wage. The CEO's high wage implies that the company has enough money to pay its employees properly but chooses not to do so.

I'm getting a company-wide bonus (partly based on revenue) this year, and I have to say I like it a lot. When things go well, no matter how you look at it, it's everyone in the company that made it happen.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jun 16 2017 03:23pm
Quote (Leevee @ Jun 16 2017 02:36pm)
I think it's more about the fact that, in many cases, those CEOs are the bosses of people who can barely make ends meet with their wage. The CEO's high wage implies that the company has enough money to pay its employees properly but chooses not to do so.

I'm getting a company-wide bonus (partly based on revenue) this year, and I have to say I like it a lot. When things go well, no matter how you look at it, it's everyone in the company that made it happen.

Yeah but having a really good CEO is the difference between you having a successful company that can pay you or one that will fire you because they have to downsize because their low paid CEO is a dope.

Howard Schultz is the easiest example. He got paid a ton, left in 2000 and they paid their next CEO lower, and Starbucks absolutely tanked because he didn't understand his company the way Schultz did. That is not good for the staff either. Then Schultz came back, got paid a ton, and everyone won.

That's why I don't like whining at CEO pay
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 16 2017 03:29pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 16 2017 03:23pm)
Yeah but having a really good CEO is the difference between you having a successful company that can pay you or one that will fire you because they have to downsize because their low paid CEO is a dope.

Howard Schultz is the easiest example. He got paid a ton, left in 2000 and they paid their next CEO lower, and Starbucks absolutely tanked because he didn't understand his company the way Schultz did. That is not good for the staff either. Then Schultz came back, got paid a ton, and everyone won.

it needs to be said that we need to differentiate between the "hurr durr _____ CEO makes too much" and "overall CEO's make too much". Sure, if you pay someone less and you're the only one doing it, then yeah, the person (i typed "guy" originally and felt sexist) is gonna go elsewhere. But guess what, if they ALL make a bit less someone who's qualified and talented is still gonna take the job.

it's a fine line for sure. but there are plenty of anecdotes that are just downright shameful, bank exec payouts post banking collapse in 2008 and Mylan payouts well above the industry standard seem to be good examples.
Gold: 1.93
Jun 17 2017 12:58am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 17 2017 08:23am)

Sure, then i counter with sol trujilo, he came into telstra on a MASSIVE multi million dollar contract, ran the company into the ground, then got a massive multi million dollar golden handshake on his way out.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 17 2017 01:16am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Jun 16 2017 04:23pm)

american ceo's are overpaid compared to their japanese counterparts yet the auto industry has the japanese dominating
Gold: 1.93
Jul 18 2017 03:59am
Bump.
Gold: 25.20
Jul 18 2017 04:57am
Is there a face that represents all corporations?
For it to be the "face of evil" there has to be a face right?
Gold: 5,169.82
Jul 18 2017 05:12am
Quote (FroggyG @ Jul 18 2017 12:57pm)
Is there a face that represents all corporations?
For it to be the "face of evil" there has to be a face right?

I think you can consider CEOs and shareholders as the face. In general, the people who can increase their yearly income by millions just by making the right decisions or pulling the right strings.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 18 2017 05:54am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 17 2017 03:16am)
american ceo's are overpaid compared to their japanese counterparts yet the auto industry has the japanese dominating

This is a solid argument against corporate welfare. Corporate welfare & protectionism DESTROYED American cars.

BTW: Your avvy needs a fix
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151618Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll