d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ariana Grande Concert Thread
Prev128293031Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 200.83
May 27 2017 09:06am
Quote (fender @ May 27 2017 06:49am)
why? are you just trying to completely evade the question, or is there some kind of threshold you have to pass before feeling sorry?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/22/rightwing-lone-wolves-islamist-extremists-report-thinktank-rusi

your series of questions isn't relevant to me because I don't support collective guilt as skinned put it

that data seems inflated by the Breivik act of terrorism but ignore more recent muslim attacks in europe (released in 2016 but only covers the years 2000-2014)
Quote (Skinned @ May 27 2017 06:59am)
Both are motivated by conservative beliefs and the idea that tolerance is bad. Both are motivated by egocentric and immature worldviews.

Islamic religious based terrorism is Right wing terrorism.

The people on both side are exactly the same; two peas in a pod.

Their only differences are regional. The word "Islamofascism" was abandoned because the Right Wing in America didn't like it.

yes I agree all terrorists are evil losers

This post was edited by majorblood on May 27 2017 09:08am
Gold: 57.00
May 27 2017 09:22am
Quote (Skinned @ 27 May 2017 10:47)
What the actual fuck is with all the accusations of collective guilt?

What legal tradition does that come from?

Why should people who aren't guilty of anything have to do anything to appease you?

Gold: 285.00
May 27 2017 09:23am
Quote (excellence @ May 27 2017 10:22am)

If you use the horns you can push both.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. The worse thing the Right does is pretend race isn't a problem in America.

This post was edited by Skinned on May 27 2017 09:24am
Gold: 200.83
May 27 2017 09:37am
how effective would it be to have, instead of generally white christian/jewish reporters looking sad and defeated after a terorrist attack, to have muslim reporters saying how it's bad for islam? If there are solemn looking muslims after a terrorist attack on tv would the evil losers feel like the aren't winning? They must feel like they are winning when they see sad and defeated white christian/jewish reporters.
Gold: 285.00
May 27 2017 10:48am
Quote (majorblood @ May 27 2017 10:37am)
how effective would it be to have, instead of generally white christian/jewish reporters looking sad and defeated after a terorrist attack, to have muslim reporters saying how it's bad for islam? If there are solemn looking muslims after a terrorist attack on tv would the evil losers feel like the aren't winning? They must feel like they are winning when they see sad and defeated white christian/jewish reporters.

Are you glued to Al Jeezera enough to make that judgement?
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2017 11:04am
Quote (Skinned @ 27 May 2017 16:48)
Are you glued to Al Jeezera enough to make that judgement?

To be fair he has a point. Al Jazeera is not mainstream for most people. A more visible Muslim population can only be a good thing.
Gold: 3.33
May 27 2017 02:39pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 27 2017 09:23am)
If you use the horns you can push both.

http://i.imgur.com/oR8p9nP.jpg

The two aren't mutually exclusive. The worse thing the Right does is pretend race isn't a problem in America.

The left is making race more of a problem in America.
Gold: 4,400.67
May 27 2017 03:15pm
Quote (fender @ 27 May 2017 16:08)
so when right wing nut jobs kill some turks here in germany or burn down yet another refugee home, do you organise peace marches? are you sorry for that shit and the victims? do you distance yourself from these nazis and accept muslims as equals? are you willing to interact with refugees?

or are you just another closet racist, secretly celebrating these attacks, hoping your own welfare will be increased as soon as all the lazy, freeloading foreigners will be killed off or sent away, while fantasising about a society where only people who believe what you believe is considered acceptable?

when nazis carry out a large scale attack on minority groups, there are always big marches for solidarity and open-mindedness here in germany. the german majority population does distance itself from nazis on every occasion.
and yes, ofc I am sorry for the victims of terrorism, no matter if its islamistic or right-wing or left-wing terrorism. and of course do I accept muslims as equals as long as they follow and believe in the rules of our country. what I dont consider equals are intolerant muslims who consider all "infedels" and all women to be inferior human beings . I, for my part, do not and will never tolerate intolerance and medieval worldviews. if this makes me a nazi or a racist, so be it.

Quote (majorblood @ 27 May 2017 16:11)
how often are there right wing terrorist attacks in europe vs muslim terrorist attacks in europe?

indeed. and lets not forget that the frequency of terrorism by muslims must be weighted by their population share. muslims make up roughly 6% of the european population. therefore, if the muslim population in europe and the non-muslim population had the same tendency to become terrorists, there would have to about 16-17 instances of terrorism by natives for every terror attack by a muslim. I dont have definitive numbers (comparing the different scales of attacks is difficult..), but I highly doubt that this hypothesis of equal tendency towards terrorism holds.

Quote (Skinned @ 27 May 2017 16:59)
Both are motivated by conservative beliefs and the idea that tolerance is bad. Both are motivated by egocentric and immature worldviews.

no, its the unwillingness to differentiate between justified and unjustified tolerance which is immature. tolerance towards intolerance and disadvantageous influences is not necessarily a good or desirable thing. intolernace towards beliefs and actions which undermine the fundation of our society, our peace, our freedom and our prosperity is justified and necessary.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on May 27 2017 03:17pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
May 27 2017 03:53pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 27 May 2017 22:15)
when nazis carry out a large scale attack on minority groups, there are always big marches for solidarity and open-mindedness here in germany. the german majority population does distance itself from nazis on every occasion.
and yes, ofc I am sorry for the victims of terrorism, no matter if its islamistic or right-wing or left-wing terrorism. and of course do I accept muslims as equals as long as they follow and believe in the rules of our country. what I dont consider equals are intolerant muslims who consider all "infedels" and all women to be inferior human beings . I, for my part, do not and will never tolerate intolerance and medieval worldviews. if this makes me a nazi or a racist, so be it.

indeed. and lets not forget that the frequency of terrorism by muslims must be weighted by their population share. muslims make up roughly 6% of the european population. therefore, if the muslim population in europe and the non-muslim population had the same tendency to become terrorists, there would have to about 16-17 instances of terrorism by natives for every terror attack by a muslim. I dont have definitive numbers (comparing the different scales of attacks is difficult..), but I highly doubt that this hypothesis of equal tendency towards terrorism holds.

no, its the unwillingness to differentiate between justified and unjustified tolerance which is immature. tolerance towards intolerance and disadvantageous influences is not necessarily a good or desirable thing. intolernace towards beliefs and actions which undermine the fundation of our society, our peace, our freedom and our prosperity is justified and necessary.

nice pivot, but the question was if YOU personally organise these marches and if YOU personally participate - since it's YOU who questioned their solidarity and made unwarranted comments about them being sponsored by welfare, since it's YOU who acts like he's entitled to some kind of genuine display of collective guilt...
Gold: 4,383.11
May 27 2017 05:00pm
Quote (fender @ 27 May 2017 16:08)
so when right wing nut jobs kill some turks here in germany or burn down yet another refugee home, do you organise peace marches? are you sorry for that shit and the victims? do you distance yourself from these nazis and accept muslims as equals? are you willing to interact with refugees?

or are you just another closet racist, secretly celebrating these attacks, hoping your own welfare will be increased as soon as all the lazy, freeloading foreigners will be killed off or sent away, while fantasising about a society where only people who believe what you believe is considered acceptable?

your defence of islam gets more ridiculous by the day, is it possible to contribute anything but personal attacks?

the difference is that normal people will always distance themselves from violence and crime, as much as i want so called refugees gone, i wouldnt ever agree with setting their homes on fire without any "but"
remember the muhammad cartoons and the global outrage and the charlie hebdo massacre? "so terrible what happened, BUT they disgraced the prophet...."
islam has a serious problem distancing itself from extremists and violence, obviously since their beloved prophet was a mass murdering reaver and pedophile

needless to say that your comparison gets even more ridiculous when right wing crime and the migrant crime wave are not even CLOSELY comparable :lol:

Quote (Black XistenZ @ 27 May 2017 15:14)
so, they love manchester. nice. good to know. but are they sorry for the attack? are they sorry for the victims? do they distance themselves from terrorism and djihadism? do they accept non-muslims as equals? are they willing to interact with people outside of their communities?

or are they just a bunch of headscarf wearing guys who love manchester because they can live there in their own, marked out ghettos, getting paid for by british welfare and doing their own thing without having to do any integration into a society whose cultural and social norms they reject?

in defense of the muslim community there i just read today that several people going to the same mosque as the terrorist reported him, but nothing happened
they arent too many, but there are some people around that really care

This post was edited by ampoo on May 27 2017 05:04pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev128293031Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll