d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Who Do/don't You Want To See Your Team Draft?
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 23 2017 04:08pm
Quote (TUAlumni @ Apr 23 2017 06:03pm)
Redskins (only first two rounds)

Do: CB, pass rush AND/OR Dline, or BPA if someone falls....

Don't: peppers - heard a scouting report saying he's basically a more athletic Cravens and that's not a need with a 1st rounder.

don't: Foster - don't need MLB anymore

Other donts: WR, safety, qb, rb, MLB

Need a Safety really bad FYI. I'd be happy if O.J. Howard was there.
Gold: 14,000.00
Apr 23 2017 04:17pm
Quote (Bluth @ Apr 23 2017 02:00am)
Want the jags to take OJ Howard and mixon or the Wisconsin tackle in the 2nd

Don't want them to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds or any secondary

Mixon is such a scumbag though and I don't believe he'll stay out of trouble.

He has literally had issues at each level. Had them in High school, had them in College. I don't see why he wont continue to have them in the NFL, especially when he'll have more money then he knows what to do with.

The old saying..

Fat guys stay fat.

Slow guys stay slow.

Dumb guys stay dumb.

He falls right into that dumb category and I don't see that changing.
Banned
Apr 23 2017 04:20pm
Quote (Hako @ Apr 23 2017 06:17pm)
Mixon is such a scumbag though and I don't believe he'll stay out of trouble.

He has literally had issues at each level. Had them in High school, had them in College. I don't see why he wont continue to have them in the NFL, especially when he'll have more money then he knows what to do with.

The old saying..

Fat guys stay fat.

Slow guys stay slow.

Dumb guys stay dumb.

He falls right into that dumb category and I don't see that changing.

I think you hit on all those categories.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2017 04:45pm
Quote (DeShaunWatson69 @ Apr 23 2017 06:08pm)
Need a Safety really bad FYI. I'd be happy if O.J. Howard was there.

Added swearinger and cravens is switching to safety. Plus our returning guys. We don't need safeties.

I haven't seen the panthers linked to mike Williams at all. Why not? Seems like a perfect fit and need.
Banned
Apr 23 2017 05:36pm
Quote (TUAlumni @ Apr 23 2017 06:45pm)
Added swearinger and cravens is switching to safety. Plus our returning guys. We don't need safeties.

I haven't seen the panthers linked to mike Williams at all. Why not? Seems like a perfect fit and need.

yeah becuz swearinger and cravens are great safety's.

tbh you need to switch to being a cowboys fan.

This post was edited by DeShaunWatson69 on Apr 23 2017 05:39pm
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2017 07:30pm
Quote (DeShaunWatson69 @ Apr 23 2017 07:36pm)
yeah becuz swearinger and cravens are great safety's.

tbh you need to switch to being a cowboys fan.

And you're sure peppers is a great safety?

Swearinger has been good and cravens was a second round draft pick. Not crazy to think he can play it well. Has shown better hands than peppers too
Gold: 0.27
Apr 23 2017 07:45pm
Here's what I wrote for what this was intended to be before I got bored of it and stopped. Was asked to post it.

Cleveland Browns

DO - Draft Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
This should be a no brainer but the Browns are trying to create a market for this pick by saying they might take Trubisky. They won’t, at least they shouldn’t which leads me to…

DO NOT - Draft Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Trubisky should be a decent QB, he’s got a fairly high floor but a pretty low ceiling so it’s not an awful idea to consider him here but the Browns are not just a QB away, Myles Garrett is a can’t miss prospect, even taking Fournette at #1 will be more wise than taking Trubisky.

2) San Francisco 49ers

DO - Draft Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
This is becoming the popular pick for the Niners in most mocks now and for good reason. The QBs don’t make sense, none of the defensive pieces make sense and most have Fournette as the second best player in the draft. Hyde doesn’t fit what they want to do now and Fournette is getting hyped up to be on an AP level.

DO NOT - Draft a QB
They won’t. They know Cousins is on his way but if they do just take a shot in the dark on a QB here, they’ll be wasting the pick.

3) Chicago Bears

DO - Draft a defensive back
Jonathan Allen and Solomon Thomas will likely be available here, along with all of the QB options but the Bears will be wise to take a DB like Hooker, Adams, Humphrey or Lattimore. It’ll fill a bigger need for them and likely be a better all around talent value for them.

DO NOT - Draft a fucking QB
It’s likely smoke but we’ve been seeing a lot of connections between the Bears and a QB lately. They just overpaid for Glennon so if they spend this pick on a QB too, Glennon is all but guaranteed to shit the bed because this will kill his confidence.

4) Jacksonville Jaguars

DO - Draft Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Basically the same for the Niners except if Fournette falls to #4 it’s even more of a no brainer for the Jags.

DO NOT - Draft defense
I didn’t have a good DO NOT for the Jags here but I think drafting defense would be a mistake. Unless Garrett falls for some incredibly odd reason, the Jags need to begin to think about their new franchise QB they’ll draft next year and get some OL help and a run game.

5) Tennessee Titans

DO - Be Smart
Crazy thought I know lol. The Titans are very close to being a legitimate contender and a few smart moves with 2 first rounders could set them over the top. OJ Howard, TE, Alabama or Mike Williams, WR, Clemson could be just what they need here. A defensive piece could be a great move too but an offensive weapon like Howard or Williams will not be available at #18 while a really good defensive player will be.

DO NOT - Draft a cornerback
They signed Logan Ryan to a hefty deal so don’t spend this pick on a corner. If they want a corner fine, take one at 18, there’s enough of them in this draft to wait.

6) New York Jets

DO - Trade down
Most teams are generally looking to trade down so it’s easy to just say trade down but the Jets are actually in a good spot to do so. There seems to be a lot of interest in moving up this year and moving into the top 5 is usually too expensive but 6 can still get you the player you want and is generally cheaper. The Jets have SO MANY needs and holes on their roster to fill that acquiring as many picks as possible is a must.

DO NOT - Let the time run out
Honestly, I can’t think of a bad play here. Even if the Jets take a QB I won’t be upset with them, they really can’t do anything to fuck this up as long as they take a player with talent that fits this pick.

EDIT: I also have a do not want for the Cardinals. Idk how I forgot it when I wrote it up first but more than anything I do not want Deshaun Watson. I have absolutely no faith in him to do anything in this league.

This post was edited by Randolph on Apr 23 2017 08:01pm
Gold: 21,432.54
Apr 23 2017 11:12pm
I did an on the clock mock for the Titans and I got Malik Hooker, Corey Davis, Sidney Jones, and Jake Butt in the first 3 rounds and I would be SUPER pumped if we could pull that off.
At #5:
I Like Hooker: Searcy isn't an answer for 2017 and Hooker has a hell of a career ahead of him.
Also acceptable:
A trade down would probably be my ideal situation to pick up a 2nd rounder.
Lattimore but we have Ryan Logan and can pick up a quality corner later.
Williams although I like Davis over Williams for Mariota and we could trade down with the bills and still probably get Williams
Howard but Delanie will be good enough for the next couple years so seems unwise to spend a #5 pick on a TE.

I keep seeing mocks where Titans take Jamal Adams but with our addition of Cyprien it doesnt make much sense. They excel in the same area and I think Cyprien can hold his own in our system.

At #18: (Really depends on 1st pick)
I like Davis if he falls. Otherwise Ross
Also acceptable(if they fall):
Barnett
Reddick
Conley
Melifonwu (seems early though)

Dont want: any RB or OL which i see in some mocks. We have an elite o line and a crazy good RB duo, no need to spend big.

I would love to just snag Sidney Jones in the 3rd for our CB but seems way too risky to let the others ago.
Gold: 1.05
Warn: 30%
Apr 24 2017 09:08am
Want: garrett/BPA At 1/12 respectively

Dont want us picking a qb until at least pick 33...and ideally would want that pick to be mahomes
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Apr 24 2017 09:24am
Quote (RemembertheTitans @ Apr 24 2017 11:08am)
Want: garrett/BPA At 1/12 respectively

Dont want us picking a qb until at least pick 33...and ideally would want that pick to be mahomes

smart man

Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll