d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Who Do/don't You Want To See Your Team Draft?
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Apr 22 2017 08:58pm
I started writing my do/don't draft but got bored of it after the Jets so figured I'd just post and let you guys say who you do and don't want. I've got a couple for a few teams actually.

Starting with the Cardinals, I'd love to see us draft Patrick Mahomes in the first. I think he's the best QB prospect in this class and could learn a lot sitting behind Carson for a year. I doubt we will simply because how much it's been talked about, we rarely go with what is said. Outside of that, I'd be happy with any of the top corner prospects or Mike Williams. There isn't much on the DL outside of Garrett or Thomas that I'd want us to grab.

I don't want us to get OJ Howard, we just way over paid for Gresham so using our first on a TE it'll be overkill even if Howard has Gronk like potential to him. If we do go Howard though I'll be fine, just not my first choice. Reuben Foster is another I don't want. He keeps having bad thing after bad thing come out about him and I'm just not a fan. Other than that, as long as the pick makes sense value and need wise, there isn't a lot from this class that I don't want.

I'm interested to see what the Titans do. I'd love for them to grab Mike Williams or OJ Howard at #5 and then the top corner or safety at 18. They're really really close and if they get it right this year with their 2 first rounders, they could run the AFC South.

Sticking in the AFC South, the Colts are another team I'm curious about. They have quite a few needs and not really a lot for picks. I'd like to see them trade out of the first round and acquire as many day 2 picks as they can. Their top needs are OL, LB, secondary and a running back. They'll miss out on the top RBs most likely so a day 2 or even day 3 option will be fine, there isn't any day 1 level talent at OL this year and there is an absolute shit ton of talent at LB and DB so if they can get 3 day 2 picks for their first, it'd be a great move.
Gold: 929.24
Apr 22 2017 09:22pm
I would like us to draft DeShone Kizer with pick #62
Gold: 0.06
Trader: Trusted
Apr 22 2017 09:27pm
Carolina Panthers.

8th overall pick, two 2nd round picks.

I don't want us to draft Fournette/McCaffrey at 8.

I would ideally like a pass rusher (Derek Barnett) at 8, and a top corner and hopefully Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee with our two 2nd rounders.

This would be an ideal first two rounds for me

David Njoku> OJ Howard

This post was edited by Legacy843 on Apr 22 2017 09:29pm
Gold: 89,996.89
Apr 22 2017 09:35pm
Kinda wished I followed college football just so i could have an idea of who players are rather than selected clips and numbers

But i don't >.>
Gold: 79,366.46
Apr 22 2017 10:34pm
I want OJ Howard or Barnett as my #1 and #2 preferences, but I wouldn't get upset if we drafted someone else like one of the WRs or Lamp. I think trading down is my biggest preference.

As for who I don't want, here's what I posted in the ravens thread:

Cam Robinson: if they're drafting him to play RT, then I do not want him, since Alex Lewis really needs to play RT since he's an average LG, in which case you'd essentially be addressing the hole at LG by drafting a RT at 16 and forcing someone to play out of position at LG. If they're drafting him because they think he can be the next KO at LG, then I'm cool with it.

Reuben Foster: we simply don't need to spend the #16 overall pick on a non-rush LB, especially when we have CJ Mosley. Considering how much nickle we play, it's just highly unnecessary. Furthermore, Foster has bust potential: he was slow to learn the game mentally, 2016 was his only season of high production, and he had a beastly Alabama DL that left him free to make plays and work in space.

Jabrill Peppers: I feel like I shouldn't even have to entertain the thought of drafting a 2nd round box safety at #16 overall, so it should be needless to say I do not want Peppers.

Haason Reddick: he's way too similar to Correa as a speed rusher who is too lightweight to play the edge every down. Plus he's a project, switching from DE to LB. Way too much risk to be take at #16.

John Ross: I really just don't want another WR with serious knee concerns, plus his small frame makes me doubt he'll survive in the NFL. Flacco really needs a bigger WR for his characteristic jump-balls; his poor accuracy won't allow him to take full advantage of a quicker wideout like Ross.

and you can add the diluted sample to the list of reasons I don't want Foster
Gold: 95.40
Warn: 30%
Apr 22 2017 10:37pm
ty for giving a shoutout to the titans

they dont get enough recognition but maybe its better that way for now
Gold: 46,007.05
Apr 22 2017 11:29pm
I hope the Packers take CB Kevin King or TJ Watt.

Idk who I would like more but either of them would be a nice fit I think.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 22 2017 11:47pm
Quote (Flopps @ Apr 22 2017 08:35pm)
Kinda wished I followed college football just so i could have an idea of who players are rather than selected clips and numbers

But i don't >.>

This, not a fucking clue. I don't watch college and know fuck all about these players. I'd like to see us improve our pass rush. A good DE or LB would be nice, but once again, I have no fucking clue if there's anyone worth drafting at that position with where we've got picks. Maybe a TE to add some depth, but I think we're pretty stacked on both sides of the ball already.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 22 2017 11:52pm
Gold: 0.27
Apr 22 2017 11:53pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 22 2017 10:47pm)
This, not a fucking clue. I don't watch college and no fuck all about these players. I'd like to see us improve our pass rush. A good DE or LB would be nice, but once again, I have no fucking clue if there's anyone worth drafting at that position with where we've got picks. Maybe a TE to add some depth, but I think we're pretty stacked on both sides of the ball already.

You already did the pass rush with Ealy lol.

As far as draft stuff goes, unless you move Butler for a first, you don't have a pick until #72 sooooooooo I mean there's plenty of talent at pretty much every position with round 3 potential on it. :D
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 23 2017 12:15am
Quote (Randolph @ Apr 22 2017 10:53pm)
You already did the pass rush with Ealy lol.

As far as draft stuff goes, unless you move Butler for a first, you don't have a pick until #72 sooooooooo I mean there's plenty of talent at pretty much every position with round 3 potential on it. :D

I still don't think that's enough. It'll help ofc, but did you watch our games last year? Felt like even bottom of the barrel lines gave their QB 8+ seconds to find a receiver on almost every down. I want pure domination. Probably won't be able to move Butler, going to be a boring ass draft for NE fans.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll