d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Should You Be Able To Forcefully Remove Squatters?
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 13 2017 07:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 13 2017 09:46pm)
It is true that homelessness is getting more and more criminalized. Mental illness as well. That is how the small government solutions to those problems worked out.

I dunno, seattle is a huge joke when it comes to cracking down on homeless

They closed "the jungle" and within a week this little area 100 yards away was covered with tents, they eventually shut that down and now they are scattered under overpasses

Then theres the whole safe injection site approved for downtown...never seemed better to be homeless
Gold: 285.00
Apr 13 2017 07:27pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Apr 13 2017 08:20pm)

They closed "the jungle" and within a week this little area 100 yards away was covered with tents, they eventually shut that down and now they are scattered under overpasses

Then theres the whole safe injection site approved for downtown...never seemed better to be homeless

Are they hipsters or something?

It sounds terrible. I like working, having money, living with food in my refrigerator. Having one of those. If I lived in a tent where would I plug in the PS4? The kids are going to be really annoying without that. Are there kids there? If so, call CPS, they don't deserve that.

Pretty shitty to be homeless in Southern Ohio, with the epidemic. No joke, I call the shelter line everyday to see whats open, and know what? It will be four or five days in a row before a single bed opens up. In rural counties that have one shelter, they are constantly full, with people overdosing in them. People have Medicaid now, and there are inpatient drug places that take it, but there are as many crooked dentist offices, pain management offices, soboxone offices, that take Medicaid too. It is paying to create and fix junkies all on one capitalist roller coaster. Somebody is getting rich off of this....who makes all the synthetic opioids again? There is definitely some shareholder value being created. Subsidize the cost, privatize the profits.....that's the real formula.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 13 2017 07:31pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 13 2017 09:57pm)
Are they hipsters or something?

It sounds terrible. I like working, having money, living with food in my refrigerator. Having one of those. If I lived in a tent where would I plug in the PS4? The kids are going to be really annoying without that. Are there kids there? If so, call CPS, they don't deserve that.

Pretty shitty to be homeless in Southern Ohio, with the epidemic. No joke, I call the shelter line everyday to see whats open, and know what? It will be four or five days in a row before a single bed opens up. In rural counties that have one shelter, they are constantly full, with people overdosing in them. People have Medicaid now, and there are inpatient drug places that take it, but there are as many crooked dentist offices, pain management offices, soboxone offices, that take Medicaid too. It is paying to create and fix junkies all on one capitalist roller coaster. Somebody is getting rich off of this....who makes all the synthetic opioids again? There is definitely some shareholder value being created. Subsidize the cost, privatize the profits.....that's the real formula.

Lol im way too dumb to understand half this bro
Apr 13 2017 07:35pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ Apr 13 2017 08:31pm)

You're so smart with those nunchucks it doesn't matter bro. Don't judge a fish by its ability to fly :)
Gold: 0.00
Apr 13 2017 08:50pm
Tuna is the unoffical king of pard... after doomchaser

This post was edited by GodSmiter on Apr 13 2017 08:51pm
Apr 13 2017 10:18pm
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ 14 Apr 2017 01:20)

'cracking down'. That's the issue right there. Criminalising homeless people for being homeless and/or mentally ill.

'Cracking down'... My fucking God. Makes me sick. Considering you're one of the most Christian countries in the western world I'd think you'd have homelessness down to a minimum. But bollocks to Christian values when it gets in the way of profit.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 13 2017 10:18pm
Apr 13 2017 10:21pm

He's basically saying that the taxpayers pay the docs and pharmaceutical companies to get people addicted to opioids and the pharmaceutical companies pocket the profit. He's not wrong either.
Quote (Tuna_BeIIy @ 14 Apr 2017 01:31)

Gold: 119,903.34
Apr 14 2017 07:01am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 13 2017 11:18pm)
'cracking down'. That's the issue right there. Criminalising homeless people for being homeless and/or mentally ill.

'Cracking down'... My fucking God. Makes me sick. Considering you're one of the most Christian countries in the western world I'd think you'd have homelessness down to a minimum. But bollocks to Christian values when it gets in the way of profit.

Well being homeless is one thing. Trespassing onto property that isn't yours is criminal. And our taxes should be going towards housing them.

I'm not a good person though. The 2 times in my life I've had panhandlders or homeless people walk up to me in town for money or anything, I have got in my car as fast as I can and locked it and sped away.

My empathy goes out the window when it it starts to actually interact with me.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 14 2017 07:23am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 13 2017 11:18pm)

Much of the American Christian population is Christian in name only... and borrowing money from future generations to house the homeless is not virtuous.
Apr 14 2017 07:28am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 14 2017 08:23am)
Much of the American Christian population is Christian in name only... and borrowing money from future generations to house the homeless is not virtuous.

Country club Christians.

The whole future generations thing is a bit abstract though, isn't it?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll