d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Syrian Refugees
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 253.00
Nov 21 2015 11:19am
I'm sick of hearing the "there is no guarantee a refugee in the UN program will end up in the United States excuse." ISIS doesn't care as long as their mole makes it into a western country full of "infidels" where they can fight the good fight in their minds. Making it to the United States is just a bonus. Do you think for a second that they care if they are killing Americans, French, English, Irish, Canadians, or so on or so forth? No because they lump us all in the same category just like some of our more ignorant lump all Muslims in the same category. Fact of the matter remains that the assholes in Paris used the refugee crisis to put people in place and they will do so here given the chance. I don't think a FBI background check is a high price to pay for entry.

As far as welfare reform and veteran benefits go, thats another topic all together because I believe we should kick over half the people on welfare off.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2015 01:06pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-fly-900-syrian-refugees-day-reports-153617718.html

Oh no if Canada is taking in terrorists they can just swim here, build a wall fast!!!!

This post was edited by hydrogod on Nov 21 2015 01:07pm
Gold: 20.31
Nov 21 2015 01:10pm
There's not a real substantive reason to not allow the Syrian refugees into the country, so I'm fine with letting them go through the rigorous vetting process that already exists. I think it's critical to uphold American values, especially those so central to the very national identity. When you consider all the pertinent facts on top of that core belief (especially that we're equipped to play a role, that we have no reason to suspect the refugees are acting in bad faith, and that we did play a massive role in their displacement), I think it's hard to arrive at any other conclusion.

I'm finding that most of the disagreement is stemming from the refusal to consider those pertinent facts. Some people might not think that it's as important that the country uphold certain values as I do and that's a perfectly valid opinion, but it's still hard to credibly end up with an alternative position given the facts at hand.

Quote (tman65ky @ Nov 21 2015 10:19am)
...Fact of the matter remains that the assholes in Paris used the refugee crisis to put people in place...

That's quite an entertaining post but if I could just highlight this one small portion: that's actually not a fact. That's at best reckless speculation that's already been discredited. This is the exact issue I mentioned -- we're basically locked in a post-truth political discussion because some people don't know what a "fact" is. Simply believing something doesn't make it a fact.
Gold: 4,471.00
Nov 21 2015 01:52pm
why should the US be allowed to refuse refugees. they are a major cause we have to deal with ISIS. also the paris attacks have shown that the terrorists aren't connected to any syrian refuguees. most of them were french or belgium citizen.
Gold: 0.06
Trader: Trusted
Nov 21 2015 02:15pm
Quote (Bellmo @ Nov 21 2015 03:52pm)
why should the US be allowed to refuse refugees. they are a major cause we have to deal with ISIS. also the paris attacks have shown that the terrorists aren't connected to any syrian refuguees. most of them were french or belgium citizen.

Lol what?
Nov 21 2015 02:21pm
The sad reality is, we have a lot of homeless/struggling people here who we'd be better off replacing with those refugees.

Those refugees would come over, and be hungry ready to survive at whatever cost grinding in any work environment to make money and provide.

Some of these "homeless" and struggling people on welfare and shit in America are "too good" to accept the shitty less glamorous jobs.
Nov 21 2015 02:31pm
The US has taken in over 3 million refugees since 1975. We are the most generous country in the world in that respect. Generous in stepping in and helping and protecting those who cannot protect themselves. But you can't protect others if you can't protect yourself. National security is the number one priority. Period.

You can sit here and say how these people are just poor refugees all day long but you don't know that at all. For once, listen to what the FBI and CIA directors have said. There is nothing to search the database for because there is nothing on these people. It sucks, but it is what it is.

But...but...but....ISIS can get in if they want to anyway. Right? I'd rather have someone kick a door in or break a window to my house than give them a key or the garage door code anyday.

I really don't get what is so difficult to understand. You look out for yourself first. In war, defense, and any public service job. Making decisions like this have massive risks.
Nov 21 2015 02:36pm
Quote (Legacy843 @ Nov 21 2015 04:31pm)
The US has taken in over 3 million refugees since 1975. We are the most generous country in the world in that respect. Generous in stepping in and helping and protecting those who cannot protect themselves. But you can't protect others if you can't protect yourself. National security is the number one priority. Period.

You can sit here and say how these people are just poor refugees all day long but you don't know that at all. For once, listen to what the FBI and CIA directors have said. There is nothing to search the database for because there is nothing on these people. It sucks, but it is what it is.

But...but...but....ISIS can get in if they want to anyway. Right? I'd rather have someone kick a door in or break a window to my house than give them a key or the garage door code anyday.

I really don't get what is so difficult to understand. You look out for yourself first. In war, defense, and any public service job. Making decisions like this have massive risks.

Might as well kick out the rest of the Muslims, better to be safe then sorry right?
Gold: 1.93
Nov 21 2015 02:37pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Nov 21 2015 11:14pm)
ur wrong m8

go outside and stop in the street sometime and talk to a homeless person......just a friendly chat only....and u will see that most are genuinely struggling due to some kind of unseen misfortune...
ppl get scammed in real life and lose their life savings and have nothing left....some ppl have partners/family who died and don't have any money cos the partner was the one making an income
we all make mistakes in life, and some are serious enough to make us homeless & desperate
and btw, the welfare can barely cover the cost of rent in some cities in australia, so then how do u have any money left over for electricity or food even?

and the deficit is real btw.....thankfully we are not as fucked up broke as USA (they are really in the shit, but the media has got that covered up nicely)
but we are still broke nonetheless and need to stop spending(wasting) money on less important areas

I'm all for helping ppl, but lets help our own ppl first huh

They choose to live somewhere too expensive, there are plenty of towns that are affordable on unemployment benefits.
Nov 21 2015 02:42pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll